The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

For maybe the first time in my life, I somehow didn't wake up it time for my flight to Mexico, slept in by 2 hours.... It's been a mess trying to get it taken care of since then. I have a flight tomorrow now, but it cost more $ and chances are I'm canceling my Delta American express and changing to a different primary airline because of this. 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

For maybe the first time in my life, I somehow didn't wake up it time for my flight to Mexico, slept in by 2 hours.... It's been a mess trying to get it taken care of since then. I have a flight tomorrow now, but it cost more $ and chances are I'm canceling my Delta American express and changing to a different primary airline because of this. 

That stinks.  With the way air travel is so reduced at present, would've thought any airline would bend over backwards for a good customer like yourself.

Then noticed you fly Delta.  Never had good luck w/ them & had a couple REALLY annoying experiences w/ them.  Hope once you get there, the trip overcomes the early frustration.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That stinks.  With the way air travel is so reduced at present, would've thought any airline would bend over backwards for a good customer like yourself.

Then noticed you fly Delta.  Never had good luck w/ them & had a couple REALLY annoying experiences w/ them.  Hope once you get there, the trip overcomes the early frustration.

I mean I spend a decent amount, so I figured they would've handled it differently. I'm writing a letter to the CEO when I'm home and see if anything comes of that. I'm looking into the Chase Sapphire Visa now since my Amex doesn't get accepted a lot now anyways and Delta isn't my only real option these days, it would give me more flexibility. 

The trip is shortened, but the pyramids should still be awesome to see, so that is exciting 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Are they going to make you quarantine for 14 days upon returning to NY?

Not from Mexico, they also didn't from Puerto Rico or Brazil. 

Cue act 2, security theater. 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Shouldn’t this be moved to the White People Problems thread?!

This whole forum is a White person problem, followed by the cheers from bitter ol PA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, SwampD said:

The HDMI connector is the biggest piece of ***** connector in the history of piece of ***** connectors. It will take a lot of convincing that there has been a worse connector. 

...maybe, like, the individual leads for an EEG,… maybe.

MicroUSB is objectively worse, the early ones the jack in the device would wear our quickly, so they stiffened those up and now the cables get out of whack unless you're *very* careful. MiniUSB had much more strength but was too thick for device manufacturer's weird thinness fetish. HDMI has never really bothered me. 

If we're going to delve into less common stuff, the DMS-59 connection on many video cards in the last decade is terrible. You may recognize the pigtail that goes from the video card to 2 VGA or 2 DVI connectors. It's more or less a rectangle, with barely any keying to make sure you get it the right way, but also has 59 tiny copper pins that are easily bent since one of the holes is blocked off if you try to plug it in the wrong way. It's one of *very few* cables types that I've repeatedly ruined by plugging them in the wrong way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-59

13 hours ago, MattPie said:

MicroUSB is objectively worse, the early ones the jack in the device would wear our quickly, so they stiffened those up and now the cables get out of whack unless you're *very* careful. MiniUSB had much more strength but was too thick for device manufacturer's weird thinness fetish. HDMI has never really bothered me. 

If we're going to delve into less common stuff, the DMS-59 connection on many video cards in the last decade is terrible. You may recognize the pigtail that goes from the video card to 2 VGA or 2 DVI connectors. It's more or less a rectangle, with barely any keying to make sure you get it the right way, but also has 59 tiny copper pins that are easily bent since one of the holes is blocked off if you try to plug it in the wrong way. It's one of *very few* cables types that I've repeatedly ruined by plugging them in the wrong way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-59

bah don't even get me started on a/v for computers

• 2 weeks later...

I will put this here, 'cus we have very mixed emotions right now ...

My wife and I just sold our home in Bedford.  The home we lived in and loved for over 20 years.  We have been through a lot in that house and are in a kind of mourning right now.  We miss the trees, the gardens ... if you remember we have had to carry 2 homes for a lot longer than we anticipated.

We like where we are now.  We will move on, but it will be with mixed emotions.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I will put this here, 'cus we have very mixed emotions right now ...

My wife and I just sold our home in Bedford.  The home we lived in and loved for over 20 years.  We have been through a lot in that house and are in a kind of mourning right now.  We miss the trees, the gardens ... if you remember we have had to carry 2 homes for a lot longer than we anticipated.

We like where we are now.  We will move on, but it will be with mixed emotions.

You'll get over it.  But for right now, it's a darn shame you don't drink.  Irish beer & mourning were made for each other. 😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Thought for certain it would be Weave w/ your point.  😉

🍺

Lol, I probably just beat him to it. Although, I'm certain I've never actually purchased a bottle of irish whisky. Shots at a bar, for sure. Just never a bottle for the house.

Pissed off neighbor today using my lawn mower to sling leaves. He's a canuck Maple Leafs fanatic, so any chance I get to go balls deep on him, consider it "my pleasure".

Today was throwing the "leafs" in his yard day, dressed like this, as he stared at me with his "evil eye"......🙂

20201031_153715.jpg

20201031_153655.jpg

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ducky said:

When I try to access this forum from my computer, I get a message telling me that a connection cannot be made because my clock is wrong. My clock is the right time for Manitoba?

It's that you live in Manitoba that is wrong.  You'll straighten it out someday.

BTW What is a Manitoba?