The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

29 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Made my own hot sauce from dicing up cayenne peppers. Didn't wash my hands, rubbed my eyes...holy ***** that was the worst pain I've ever had. Legitimately thought I was going blind

Yeah, you only do that once, well, actually twice in my case

• Haha (+1) 2

The oil is similar to poison ivy.  washing your hands is only going to go so far.  It will get drawn into your skin and be there for days.

Wear gloves.  If you forget.. then use the same treatment you use for poison ivy.  I forget the name but there is some good stuff out there.

I know this because.... habaneros.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

The oil is similar to poison ivy.  washing your hands is only going to go so far.  It will get drawn into your skin and be there for days.

Wear gloves.  If you forget.. then use the same treatment you use for poison ivy.  I forget the name but there is some good stuff out there.

Very good advice.

Learned that one the hard way a loooooong time ago.  Removing seeds from 30+ peppers for poppers & ending up w/ chemical burns on both hands was lesson enough.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Very good advice.

Learned that one the hard way a loooooong time ago.  Removing seeds from 30+ peppers for poppers & ending up w/ chemical burns on both hands was lesson enough.

Just be careful that the oil doesn't get underneath the gloves, especially with anything stronger than serranos or jalapenos.  Up until a couple of years ago I grew hot -peppers as a hobby and made all kinds of fun, spicy things.  The first time I processed a big mess of habaneros I got some juice or whatever you want to call it under the latex gloves I was wearing.  The spot where the liquid was trapped against my skin had burns very much like chemical burns.  That hurt.

Oh, and if you are putting those peppers in a food processor, when done chopping them up don't be in a big hurry to open the lid and get a close look at the results.  One whiff of what has been vaporized is every bit as rough as being sprayed with Mace.  I did not realize I could produce that much mucous in such a short period of time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I had no idea the cats were this interactive. I'm a fan.

Also, I really don't give a crap about about 5G. My download speeds are plenty fast enough right now. You want to impress me,... get my latency to a point where I don't (I'll take barely) notice it.

I finally captured the mouse (a mouse?) in the live capture trap. Although it ate the peanut butter I put in the trap, it wasn't until I added some sharp cheddar cheese that it went into the trap (and ate both). I got it on my back porch just a few feet away from where a mouse had been scurrying around inside the back door. So I'm hoping it's the same mouse. I took it to the back of an empty house about 25 yards away and released it. If all the stories are true, the cute little disease-ridden plague-carrier was back at the home base in his jammies before I said, "now!" @Eleven @New Scotland (NS)

We'll see. Hey, I gave the little furry fella a chance. I feel good about it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I finally captured the mouse (a mouse?) in the live capture trap. Although it ate the peanut butter I put in the trap, it wasn't until I added some sharp cheddar cheese that it went into the trap (and ate both). I got it on my back porch just a few feet away from where a mouse had been scurrying around inside the back door. So I'm hoping it's the same mouse. I took it to the back of an empty house about 25 yards away and released it. If all the stories are true, the cute little disease-ridden plague-carrier was back at the home base in his jammies before I said, "now!" @Eleven @New Scotland (NS)

You're supposed to put them near a neighbor's house.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You did well in the capture and ethical treatment, but ...

33 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're supposed to put them near a neighbor's house.

... this is the proper way to release.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, WildCard said:

@MattPie or any other developer...do you have any experience with MongoDB Atlas, Realm, and android studio?

Not me. Well, mostly. I did compile an Android Hello World on my original Motorola DROID (you have to read that in the same tone as the commercials), but out side that I'm at 0%. I had to look up Realm and Atlas in the context of Mongo to see what they meant.

• Thanks (+1) 1