The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My bosses boss can't pronounce my boss's name correctly.  Well I'm not sure if it's can't, won't or what his deal is.  My boss's name is Kirk.  The pronouncer in question calls him Kurt.  I'm at a loss. I'm unsure if he cares so little about other people that he never bothered to learn his name (BTW, he has to see his name in print a dozen times a day) or he actually thinks his name is Kurt even though there is no valid reason for him to think that.  We did have a Kurt that was hired at a similar time as Kirk but he's moved on.  There is just no reason for this buffoonery.  

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

My bosses boss can't pronounce my boss's name correctly.  Well I'm not sure if it's can't, won't or what his deal is.  My boss's name is Kirk.  The pronouncer in question calls him Kurt.  I'm at a loss. I'm unsure if he cares so little about other people that he never bothered to learn his name (BTW, he has to see his name in print a dozen times a day) or he actually thinks his name is Kurt even though there is no valid reason for him to think that.  We did have a Kurt that was hired at a similar time as Kirk but he's moved on.  There is just no reason for this buffoonery.  

Question....does it bother Kurt, er I meant Kirk?

6 hours ago, inkman said:

And Kirk doesn't correct it?  Woooof

• 2 weeks later...

How to interpret this blurb from PETA on releasing mice trapped in the house?

Captured mice and rats can be kept calm by placing a towel over the trap. Release them within 100 yards of where they were trapped. (Rodents can also be humanely euthanized by a veterinarian or at a local animal shelter.) Releasing a mouse or rat into a strange area will almost surely result in the animal’s death because relocated animals don’t know where to find adequate food, water, or shelter and often become weak and succumb to predation or foreign parasites or disease against which they lack a natural immunity.

Within 100 yards and they are OK? Beyond that is "strange territory"?

It doesn't seem logical. If they're saying released mice die anyway, why not suggest the most humane thing, which would be killing them?

45 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It doesn't seem logical. If they're saying released mice die anyway, why not suggest the most humane thing, which would be killing them?

I'm all for conservation but their anthropomorphic angle is comical.  

51 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If there are mice in my house, which there are in winter.... They all die as quickly as possible with Dcon/glue traps /etc. 

Damn rodents 

In the past year, I have killed well over a dozen (stopped counting at like 14 of 15,) two in one night while I was in the room the trap was in. I felt bad the very first time I heard the trap go. Then I saw all those little mites or fleas or whatever were all over it, and that left me pretty quickly. They gotta go.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

That and we all know exactly where they go if you release them really close to your house.  If I really had to release them, it would be directly into a hawks beak. 

And if I ever actually had a rat in my house, that F'er is dead!

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If there are mice in my house, which there are in winter.... They all die as quickly as possible with Dcon/glue traps /etc. 

Damn rodents 

Google "bucket trap".  Mass euthenazia of the watery kind.

The only time I felt bad after finding something on a glue trap was a dead toad.  They may be a nuisance, I'm not really sure, but they've never bothered me.  Plus I knew the little guy was doomed when he hopped into the garage and under the car when I took the garbage out one night.  I tried to chase it out with a broom but I couldn't find it.  Sure enough, the next night it was on the trap.

Very coincidentally, my wife saw a mouse 2 days ago. I set a few traps, the little guy is too small to trip the wire! He's adorable. He just stands on the traps, eating all the peanut butter. He's having himself a regular feast. 

Well, anyway, my dogs killed him and his friend this morning. Found, and snuffed out. Took em about 3 minutes. I was so proud. Both pups got treats immediately. Sure it was gross and a tiny bit sad that the little guys had to learn about their position in the food chain, but my dogs did their jobs and we're rewarded.

I bought a small plastic "live trap." It looks very much like it would be a death trap after a short time. We'll see what happens. I have no intention of driving this mouse two to 5.2 miles away. It's going to be released behind the empty garage next to my house. I know what y'all are saying. If it comes back, I'll go to Plan B. I just have a hunch it's trying to get out of the house anyway. It's scurrying around my kitchen during the day. Aren't mice nocturnal? (And I have no idea why it doesn't leave the same way it came in, if my hunch is correct.)

51 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's scurrying around my kitchen during the day. Aren't mice nocturnal?

Normally, unless they're stressed and out of their element like the one that's in your house probably is.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, ubkev said:

He's adorable. He just stands on the traps, eating all the peanut butter. He's having himself a regular feast. 

Well, anyway, my dogs killed him and his friend this morning. 

Lolz

I interviewed a guy this week that had a super long pinky nail.  I wouldn't have hired him regardless but if it came down to him and another candidate, the nail would have been a deciding factor.  As best I can ascertain, he has this nail because he does Cocaine or he wants everyone to know he doesn't do physical labor.  I'd be much more comfortable if he like booger sugar than is some sort of do nothing lazy ass.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I interviewed a guy this week that had a super long pinky nail.  I wouldn't have hired him regardless but if it came down to him and another candidate, the nail would have been a deciding factor.  As best I can ascertain, he has this nail because he does Cocaine or he wants everyone to know he doesn't do physical labor.  I'd be much more comfortable if he like booger sugar than is some sort of do nothing lazy ass.  

Hey cocaine makes you more productive..... For about 2 hours ??

My son got a Nintendo Switch for his bday.  He's playing Mario Party and he keeps saying Bowser and I'm like...

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hey cocaine makes you more productive..... For about 2 hours ??

Like I said, I can deal with a coke head.  Some entitled do nothing jackwads, buh bye.  

On 8/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, shrader said:

That and we all know exactly where they go if you release them really close to your house.  If I really had to release them, it would be directly into a hawks beak. 

And if I ever actually had a rat in my house, that F'er is dead!

Just keep the mouse in the "humane" trap and teach it to swim.  Problem solved in less than 5 minutes, or the mouse can get a job as a lifeguard and afford its own pad & can stop squatting in yours.  Once again, problem solved.

• Thanks (+1) 1