The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

At work, I flounder around, struggling with stuff all day long. Then at like 3:45 pm every day, all of the solutions to my problems hit me at once, and I have to try and frantically fix everything before it's time to stop for the day (because I'm not approved for OT yet, and even if I was I would feel guilty charging OT for how net unproductive I am until I finally figure stuff out). I spend the last few minutes writing the stuff down, have it fixed first thing the next morning, and then struggle again until it's time to leave when all of a sudden everything makes sense

I'm learning so much stuff so fast though. Especially about data, coding, computing etc.

Just you guys wait until things settle down in life and hockey is back, I'm absolutely going to learn to incorporate these skills into hockey 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:50 PM, shrader said:

Both.

And sharks.  Don't forget about sharks.

It's funny though.  Right after I posted about the snakes earlier, I went outside to water the lawn.  There was a decent sized black snake that I scared off.  I know those ones are fine, but it makes me wonder about the well being of the duck nest that may or may not be out there.

You'd have to come across a Burmese Python or a Red Tail Boa to find a snake that would consider eating a duck for a meal. Now, ducks eggs and ducklings are a different story. Just about any snake will eat eggs. And any snake wider than a 150 pound persons wrist would probably like a stray duckling.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:59 PM, ubkev said:

You'd have to come across a Burmese Python or a Red Tail Boa to find a snake that would consider eating a duck for a meal. Now, ducks eggs and ducklings are a different story. Just about any snake will eat eggs. And any snake wider than a 150 pound persons wrist would probably like a stray duckling.

I wasn't worried about the ducks themselves, just the eggs.  Hell, at this point, there's an army of ducks roaming our neighborhood.  I saw them yesterday walking back and forth between birdfeeders in two backyards.  They're everywhere, but luckily they're not geese.

47 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wasn't worried about the ducks themselves, just the eggs.  Hell, at this point, there's an army of ducks roaming our neighborhood.  I saw them yesterday walking back and forth between birdfeeders in two backyards.  They're everywhere, but luckily they're not geese.

Yeah, geese kinda suck. Bird poop is one thing. But giant green turds raining down on you from a flock of those monsters is no good.

47 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Aldi did it! Their french onion dip is exactly the same as Bison. .99 cents vs. 3.49 ish.

Just make your own. Our baby sitter's daughter said, and I quote, "This is the best dip I've ever had in my life."

1929799405_sourcream.thumb.jpg.af54e1f361cc78092ba959a72a9b39a6.jpg+parsley.png.524bf1cfc2234dc9b324fe1f1defd9ee.png+mccormick-onion-powder.png.72e235f5aba25760382fae9e1834621b.png+mccormick-onion-salt.png.209d8fb5e9aa503e3f6fc9d0ca310de4.png+micned-garlic.png.0e9e6522c21290f8f3623e029e80a6b8.png

That's it.

ground-ceyanne-pepper.png.b2c3e2035c5a30eba61497d3c3d4bd45.pngis optional.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Any idea on proportions?

Unfortunately, no. I just pour til it seems right, then add to taste. Someday I’m going to actually measure it out.

I also make one with Franks red Hot and crumbled blue cheese.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

That's pretty much it. Sour cream, crumbled blue cheese, Frank's. Maybe a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing as well.

Sour cream and the adobo from a can/jar of chipotles in adobo make a great dip or sandwich smear.

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Aldi did it! Their french onion dip is exactly the same as Bison. .99 cents vs. 3.49 ish.

That is a bold statement my friend.  I hope for your sake it's accurate because you know damn well there are many people who wouldn't bat an eye at throwing you off a cliff if your proclamation ended up being blasphemous.

• Like (+1) 2

Nothing wrong with Frank's Hot Sauce, but if you can get Texas Pete's Hot Sauce in your area, that would be my heartfelt recommendation.  I bring boatloads of it to my Canadian relatives whenever I head up there, and I sometimes wonder if they're happier to see me or to get their latest fix of Texas Pete's!

31 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

Nothing wrong with Frank's Hot Sauce, but if you can get Texas Pete's Hot Sauce in your area, that would be my heartfelt recommendation.  I bring boatloads of it to my Canadian relatives whenever I head up there, and I sometimes wonder if they're happier to see me or to get their latest fix of Texas Pete's!

I like Texas Pete's Hot Sauce as well but I'm really fond of the Texas Pete's Hotter Sauce.  Haven't been able to find it lately.