The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

26 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

May Allah be merciful ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killings-shooting-community-reaction-1.5538181

The worst mass shooting in the history of Canada and it was right in our backyard (figuratively).

I was wondering how you're doing with that.  Good to see you're not among the victims.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I was wondering how you're doing with that.  Good to see you're not among the victims.

It ended at a gas station when the RCMP finally caught up with the jackass shooter.  They shot him dead while he was getting ready to blow it up.  That gas station is about 25 KM from our house ... the one on the ocean and not in the city ... it is only about 15KM from our house in the city ... if he had blown up that gas station who knows what kind of damage it would have done.  It is on the main highway to and from Halifax and it's right beside the airport.  It's the biggest gas station in Nova Scotia, maybe even in all of Atlantic Canada.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It ended at a gas station when the RCMP finally caught up with the jackass shooter.  They shot him dead while he was getting ready to blow it up.  That gas station is about 25 KM from our house ... the one on the ocean and not in the city ... it is only about 15KM from our house in the city ... if he had blown up that gas station who knows what kind of damage it would have done.  It is on the main highway to and from Halifax and it's right beside the airport.  It's the biggest gas station in Nova Scotia, maybe even in all of Atlantic Canada.

Really glad you're safe.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Really glad you're safe.  

Thank you, good sir.  It is unreal around here now.  Many stories and rumours, none good.  My wife just told me that a friend of ours her cousin was shot and killed when he stopped to try to help when the two cop cars were burning.  This is just terrible.  I feel that NS has lost it's innocence and we will never be the same again.

55 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thank you, good sir.  It is unreal around here now.  Many stories and rumours, none good.  My wife just told me that a friend of ours her cousin was shot and killed when he stopped to try to help when the two cop cars were burning.  This is just terrible.  I feel that NS has lost it's innocence and we will never be the same again.

Very saddened at the losses in your community.  Glad you and your wife are safe.

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Weave said:

More than just hourly employees.  Manufacturing Engineers tied to day to day operations come to mind as well.

True.  Had my grammar been better I think that would have come across.  I used really twice.. and I meant to say as well at the end.  But the point is there.

In other news.. this week is almost assuredly the week our company is making big changes and right now I am waiting to see if I am impacted.  I give myself a 90% chance of having a new role or no job by the end of the week.

This is the 4th time this has happened to me in the 7 years of working here.  Only once was I kind of left to fend for myself.  I'm not sure I will be so lucky this time.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LTS said:

True.  Had my grammar been better I think that would have come across.  I used really twice.. and I meant to say as well at the end.  But the point is there.

In other news.. this week is almost assuredly the week our company is making big changes and right now I am waiting to see if I am impacted.  I give myself a 90% chance of having a new role or no job by the end of the week.

This is the 4th time this has happened to me in the 7 years of working here.  Only once was I kind of left to fend for myself.  I'm not sure I will be so lucky this time.

Oof.  Good luck.  I'm tired of job upheaval.  I wish I knew what I could/want to do to work for myself.  I really dislike working for corporate America.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/21/2020 at 5:50 PM, Weave said:

Oof.  Good luck.  I'm tired of job upheaval.  I wish I knew what I could/want to do to work for myself.  I really dislike working for corporate America.

So far it appears I have not been impacted. I am just going to be expected to do more... even though I am already doing more.  But hey, I have a job right?  Sigh.

Have you ever been typing, not looking at your screen, then look up and see that the text is not there? Maybe you didn't place the cursor in the right spot or maybe the program you thought you were typing in isn't active.

Where do all those missing letters go? Do we get them back in the hereafter?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Have you ever been typing, not looking at your screen, then look up and see that the text is not there? Maybe you didn't place the cursor in the right spot or maybe the program you thought you were typing in isn't active.

Where do all those missing letters go? Do we get them back in the hereafter?

That should go in the “there has to be a name for that” thread.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

My wife was given some face masks made by an elderly lady who is giving them out to everyone she knows.  One of them is a print of $100 bills.

We ordered food tonight from a restaurant owned by friends of ours.  They are about 30 yrs old.  I walked in wearing the $100 bill mask and she says, "nice mask".  I reply with "dolla dolla bill y'all".  She busts out laughing saying she did not expect that from me.

Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin to ***** with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

My wife was given some face masks made by an elderly lady who is giving them out to everyone she knows.  One of them is a print of $100 bills.

We ordered food tonight from a restaurant owned by friends of ours.  They are about 30 yrs old.  I walked in wearing the $100 bill mask and she says, "nice mask".  I reply with "dolla dolla bill y'all".  She busts out laughing saying she did not expect that from me.

Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin to ***** with.

Damn, I love Wu Tang

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

^  I am without words imagining the insomnia-maniacal 2 a.m. cerebral heat blister that led to ... that.  You were surfing Cosmo Sex and Love, man.  And the photo!

Believe me, it was linked from elsewhere.

The photo?  You mean the stack of logs?