The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

what happens at the end of life. 

You cease to exist. Your opportunity to affect the physical world ends and in the most likely scenario you simply become the light. Not gone but dissipated back into that from which you were individualized. 

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

You cease to exist. Your opportunity to affect the physical world ends and in the most likely scenario you simply become the light. Not gone but dissipated back into that from which you were individualized. 

I've always had a personal belief of a reincarnation so to speak. 

Since time is infinite in both directions and the moment that just passed is still there, just in the past; and matter is neither created or destroyed, just recycled. I always had this cool thought that when you pass, you become everything until you pass again. 

For example, I die today, I may come back as king Arthur in the medevial time, then die as king Arthur and come back as a blade of grass in 2150, die as the grass and become a horse in 1875,etc.

And because time is infinite there would lack any possibility of running out of living elements that one can become. 

It seems, comforting, and a very far fetched thought, but maybe ?

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've always had a personal belief of a reincarnation so to speak. 

Since time is infinite in both directions and the moment that just passed is still there, just in the past; and matter is neither created or destroyed, just recycled. I always had this cool thought that when you pass, you become everything until you pass again. 

For example, I die today, I may come back as king Arthur in the medevial time, then die as king Arthur and come back as a blade of grass in 2150, die as the grass and become a horse in 1875,etc.

And because time is infinite there would lack any possibility of running out of living elements that one can become. 

It seems, comforting, and a very far fetched thought, but maybe ?

To reincarnate is to try again. Let go of your individuality and become the light. Blindly and faithfully let go of your sense of self. 

• Like (+1) 1

This always was curious to me, why if you led a life of following the 10 commandments are any other rules of whatever religion you may follow would God send you to hell for eating meat on Fridays or having pepperoni on your pizza or eating bacon and eggs in the morning. No offense to anyone in particular but I think sometimes man puts some stupid rules on us and blames God for it. I mean this all encompassing being who loves us so much would send us to everlasting hell for a ham and cheese sandwich???

On another note and I'm truly sorry for family and friends of Kobe and other famous people but why would people openly weep who didn't know him and he didn't know you because he died in whatever manner. Just not picking on Kobe fans but John Lennon fans, Michael Jackson fans whomever. They wouldn't give a hoot if you died why would you care if they died besides the empathy factor for their friends and family?? Don't get it, don't understand it, does it have something to do with some flaw in the human condition?? 

With the deep thinking going on with reincarnation and such .... which I think similar thought too  ... I then contemplate ghosts or spirits and that whole realm. Good spirits, bad spirits, loved ones spirits, spirits of total strangers etc ... a few directions to go in to explain that phenomenon.

6 hours ago, jsb said:

On another note and I'm truly sorry for family and friends of Kobe and other famous people but why would people openly weep who didn't know him and he didn't know you because he died in whatever manner. Just not picking on Kobe fans but John Lennon fans, Michael Jackson fans whomever. They wouldn't give a hoot if you died why would you care if they died besides the empathy factor for their friends and family?? Don't get it, don't understand it, does it have something to do with some flaw in the human condition?? 

I think it’s because they feel this is someone who has truly touched their life in some way

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Well that's good seeing as how in order to know that, you'd have to be dead.  People seem to like you around here, so I don't think anyone's hoping for that. 

I think I've been around this forum long enough that if someone was hoping that, they'd just come out and say it ?

12 hours ago, jsb said:

This always was curious to me, why if you led a life of following the 10 commandments are any other rules of whatever religion you may follow would God send you to hell for eating meat on Fridays or having pepperoni on your pizza or eating bacon and eggs in the morning. No offense to anyone in particular but I think sometimes man puts some stupid rules on us and blames God for it. I mean this all encompassing being who loves us so much would send us to everlasting hell for a ham and cheese sandwich???

If it's a Kraft single, yes... burn in Hell.

Your post is very Carlin-esque.

I've started tossing my garbage bags on the back porch instead of walking another 10 feet to put them in the can. I don't throw out a lot of food, and no one can see my back porch, so I don't expect animals to make a huge mess that would be offensive to my neighbors. I do it out of a sense of mercy for these poor creatures that are trying to survive the winter. I get possums and cats who dig at the bag and gnaw at the dried-out mandarin oranges and eat what little scraps are available. It makes me feel good. On garbage night I clean up a bit of a mess. No big burden to me or society.

Am I going to Heaven or what?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I've started tossing my garbage bags on the back porch instead of walking another 10 feet to put them in the can. I don't throw out a lot of food, and no one can see my back porch, so I don't expect animals to make a huge mess that would be offensive to my neighbors. I do it out of a sense of mercy for these poor creatures that are trying to survive the winter. I get possums and cats who dig at the bag and gnaw at the dried-out mandarin oranges and eat what little scraps are available. It makes me feel good. On garbage night I clean up a bit of a mess. No big burden to me or society.

Am I going to Heaven or what?

Why not just segregate the edibles and create some sort of compost area so you don't look like a hoarder weirdo and someone calls social services on your ass?

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think you are reincarnating as a suburban raccoon.

Get to the Jack Nickname thread now!

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why not just segregate the edibles and create some sort of compost area so you don't look like a hoarder weirdo and someone calls social services on your ass?

It makes too much sense.

• Like (+1) 1

It's Bell Let's Talk Day. 

About a year ago, I was low. Bad. Anxious. Sick. Suicidal. Horrible to be around. Also about a year ago I finally got the guts to go to therapy. A couple months later I got on anti-anxiety medication.

Reader, for the first time in 20 years, I'm not suicidal. I'm actually pretty happy. That doesn't mean my life is perfect- there's storms coming still, big waves tossing me around, stress in levels I've never felt- but I can handle it for the first time in my life. My coping skills are much stronger. 

If you're on the fence, let this be the sign to reach out. Reach out to me if you like. I'll listen. If it's a money thing, reach out to me, I'll kick some bucks your way if your insurance is sh!t and you can't afford to see someone. I want that for you.

Mental health is not your fault, but it IS your responsibility.

Your physical health hinges more on your mental health than you know.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I just want to say...

If energy is neither created nor destroyed...

And if we are comprised of energy...

Then when we die, our energy is transformed...

And we are reincarnated into whatever feeds on that energy...

After enough cycles, perhaps that energy reassembled itself enough to feel as though you've had a past life...

Because your energy has been around for eternity.

36 minutes ago, LTS said:

Then when we die, our energy is transformed.

The energy contained in our mass certainly is, either through the slow process of decomposition or the quick transformation from creation. What happens to consciousness? Have I been the operator of a very intricate machine all these yearsor am I really just the by-product of the interactions between the millions of neurons in my brain?

I first read Nikola Tesla’s “Everything is the Light” interview as a much younger man. Some things from that interview have stuck in my gizzard all these years waiting for the right time to digest....

Journalist: You said that I am, like every being, the Light. This flatter me, but I confess, I do not quite understand.

Tesla: Why would you need to understand, Mr. Smith? Suffice it to believe it. Everything is light. In one its ray is the fate of nations, each nation has its own ray in what great light source we see as the sun. And remember: no one who was there did not die. They transformed into the light, and as such exist still. The secret lies in the fact that the light particles restore their original state.

Journalist: This is the resurrection!

Tesla: I prefer to call it: return to a previous energy. Christ and several others knew the secret. I am searching how to preserve human energy. It is forms of Light, sometimes straight like heavenly light. I have not looked for it for my own sake, but for the good of all. I believe that my discoveries make people’s lives easier and more bearable, and channel them to spirituality and morality.

Journalist: Do you think that time can be abolished?

Tesla: Not quite, because the first feature of the energy is that it transforms. It is in perpetual transformation, as clouds of Taoists. But it is possible to leverage the fact that a man preserves consciousness after the earthly life. In every corner of the universe exist energy of life; one of them is immortality, whose origin is outside of man, waiting for him.

The universe is spiritual; we are only half that way. The Universe is more moral than us, because we do not know his nature and how to harmonize our lives with it. I am not scientist, science is perhaps the most convenient way to find the answer to the question that always haunt me, and which my days and nights turned into fire.

Journalist: Isn’t all of this contrary to the cosmic pain, which so often you mention in your writings? And what is it cosmic pain?

Tesla: No, because we are on Earth … It is an illness whose existence the vast majority of people are not aware of. Hence, many other illnesses, suffering, evil, misery, wars and everything else what makes human life an absurd and horrible condition. This disease cannot be completely cured, but awareness shall make it less complicated and hazardous. Whenever one of my close and dear people were hurt, I felt physical pain. This is because our bodies are made as of similar material, and our soul related with unbreakable strands. Incomprehensible sadness that overwhelmed us at times means that somewhere, on the other side on this planet, a child or generous man died.

The entire Universe is in certain periods sick of itself, and of us. Disappearance of a star and the appearance of comets affect us more than we can imagine. Relationships among the creatures on the Earth are even stronger, because of our feelings and thoughts the flower will scent even more beautiful or will fall in silence.

These truths we must learn in order to be healed. Remedy is in our hearts and evenly, in the heart of the animals that we call the Universe.