The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Have a sinus infection (so says WebMD) for 7 weeks now that just won't go away.  But I don't want to go to the doctor because it would break my string of not seeing a doctor in 29 years.  I'm going to muscle through although it gets tougher the older I get.

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

Have a sinus infection (so says WebMD) for 7 weeks now that just won't go away.  But I don't want to go to the doctor because it would break my string of not seeing a doctor in 29 years.  I'm going to muscle through although it gets tougher the older I get.

I can come over. I have cramp bark. But we'll need to start with a full prostate exam.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I bought Spam today.

I can't wait to eat it.

I keep getting phone calls from a roofing company saying they're doing work in my neighborhood and want to check mine for damage too.  That's funny, roof repairs are the kind of thing that are hard to miss if a neighbor is actually having them done.  These asshats have called 5 straight days.  They hang up the second I try to mess with them, which makes it even more annoying.  The last time, I told them my roof was missing so I wasn't really sure if there was any damage or not.

Oh, wrong spam.

24 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Can't even look at the tin.

The random thing that was never realized about my old moniker iTinSn is that it was really just tin, right? i=50...Tin....Sn? The really random part is that the moniker was originally inspired by the Tragically Hips’ “Cordelia”...

“Tincanman draggin from a car, just to see how alive you really are...”

We did a similar thing behind cars on dirt roads(or the main state highway) with old skis up North ....we called it skeetching. Then we went to the bonfire parties in the Northern patchy parts of the Adirondacks and watched these old crazy hippy-turned-hillbillies try to out extreme each other and walk/handle/bite burning embers from the fire.... between the Québécois(where I had family), the Akwesasne(where I had family), the redneck fur trappers(where I had family) and the hippies that ran from modernization(who I was almost family with)...I never knew what the hell I really was.

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I had a discussion about Spam with a friend / client just this evening.

WORST THING EVER INVENTED!!

And on top of that it's terrible.  

I never ate that stuff.  Can't even look at the tin.

All those Hawaiians can’t be wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/21/2020 at 1:17 AM, Tondas said:

SEE A DOCTOR!

On 1/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

So if you never ate it... are just judging the concept of it?  Are you dismissing it by simply looking at its packaging?  Are you being prejudicial based on its appearance? Are you not even willing to sample it so you can definitively say that it has no redeeming value?

I mean.. it is one of the worst things ever invented.. but it's also kind of good.  I'd eat that over vienna sausages all day long.

or Spaghetti-O's... w/ hot dogs... ohhh now I am gonna be sick.

10 hours ago, LTS said:

So if you never ate it... are just judging the concept of it?  Are you dismissing it by simply looking at its packaging?  Are you being prejudicial based on its appearance? Are you not even willing to sample it so you can definitively say that it has no redeeming value?

I mean.. it is one of the worst things ever invented.. but it's also kind of good.  I'd eat that over vienna sausages all day long.

or Spaghetti-O's... w/ hot dogs... ohhh now I am gonna be sick.

Yes.

I had been searching for a reasonably priced wheel bearing assembly for my truck when I finally realized that the expensive Moog assembly had the exact same part number as the inexpensive Longgo assembly. I dig a little deeper and discovered that Longgo just supplies parts from established producers while Moog claims to have a few very reliable producers they’ve always done business with. What are the chances that two producers happen to have the exact part number for the same aftermarket part? Now what are the chances that two suppliers buy the same part and sell it for wildly different prices? $250 for the Moog assembly and $90 for the Longgo...exact same part number....

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I had been searching for a reasonably priced wheel bearing assembly for my truck when I finally realized that the expensive Moog assembly had the exact same part number as the inexpensive Longgo assembly. I dig a little deeper and discovered that Longgo just supplies parts from established producers while Moog claims to have a few very reliable producers they’ve always done business with. What are the chances that two producers happen to have the exact part number for the same aftermarket part? Now what are the chances that two suppliers buy the same part and sell it for wildly different prices? $250 for the Moog assembly and $90 for the Longgo...exact same part number....

Excellent work diving into that and finding that out. I’ve done that several times and once in awhile discover that type of thing you did. It’s pretty wild how much money some things differ depending on who’s selling.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not to mention that it's made of pork products, which, if my memory serves me correctly, is forbidden for consumption in Islam.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Ogre said:

We did a similar thing behind cars on dirt roads(or the main state highway) with old skis up North ....we called it skeetching. Then we went to the bonfire parties in the Northern patchy parts of the Adirondacks and watched these old crazy hippy-turned-hillbillies try to out extreme each other and walk/handle/bite burning embers from the fire.... between the Québécois(where I had family), the Akwesasne(where I had family), the redneck fur trappers(where I had family) and the hippies that ran from modernization(who I was almost family with)...I never knew what the hell I really was.

Where was this?  I’m from that general area.

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Where was this?  I’m from that general area.

My parents house was in North Bangor(just outside of Malone). I was literally a five minute drive from Skerry and that Northern part of the Adirondack Park and ten minutes from the border. I had close family in Constable and spent a lot of time there. One of my first girlfriends was from Trout River. The next was from the Rez. The whole idea of an international border meant little more than crossing county lines to me growing up. What area are you from? North or South of the border?

Edited by Ogre

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

My parents house was in North Bangor(just outside of Malone). I was literally a five minute drive from Skerry and that Northern part of the Adirondack Park and ten minutes from the border. I had close family in Constable and spent a lot of time there. One of my first girlfriends was from Trout River. The next was from the Rez. The whole idea of an international border meant little more than crossing county lines to me growing up. What area are you from? North or South of the border?

South of the border.  Went to school in Ellenburg NY.  Parents later moved to Mooers.  My uncle lives in North Bangor.  Meme and Pepe in Churubusco, if you are familiar. 

I’m very familiar with the crazy hillbilly/hippy mixture and bonfire party shenanigans in the Adirondack wild.  That’s my youth. 

Edited by Curt

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

South of the border.  Went to school in Ellenburg NY.  My uncle lives in North Bangor.  Meme and Pepe in Churubusco, if you are familiar. 

I’m very familiar with the crazy hillbilly/hippy mixture and bonfire party shenanigans in the Adirondack wild.  That’s my youth. 

We considered you guys over in Ellenberg to be high society comparatively.?My great great grandfather crossed over the border and settled in Chateaugay. Both of my parents and one whole family of ancestory is buried in Burke. I hung out that way some as a youth. Mostly to pick up some people and cross the border and head to Huntingdon for beers and slaw dogs. Our Adirondack party spots were over in Skerry(south of North Bangor). Split Rock, the Hole in the Woods.(I once spent an entire month one summer living at the Hole in the Woods. Awesome experience!)..That’s Crazytown, USA over there....there are some seriously disturbed people lurking those parts. I knew one old dude that lived year around in an old school bus! You know cold the winters get up there!

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

We considered you guys over in Ellenberg to be high society comparatively.?My great great grandfather crossed over the border and settled in Chateaugay. Both of my parents and one whole family of ancestory is buried in Burke. I hung out that way some as a youth. Mostly to pick up some people and cross the border and head to Huntingdon for beers and slaw dogs. Our Adirondack party spots were over in Skerry(south of North Bangor). Split Rock, the Hole in the Woods.(I once spent an entire month one summer living at the Hole in the Woods. Awesome experience!)..That’s Crazytown, USA over there....there are some seriously disturbed people lurking those parts. I knew one old dude that lived year around in an old school bus! You know cold the winters get up there!

Haha, we had a saying as teens.  If it’s from Malone........leave it alone.