The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

No kidding. I've got grievances!

I'm getting fat again so I've been in the gym like a madman. (It's working)

I have to race tonight. My regular Thursday night ski racing league. Trouble is I've been skiing non-stop since 8:30 this morning. I've logged around 29k in vertical feet. That's 1 Mt. Everest for anyone wondering. My knees are ***** shot. And I feel like a ***** Garth Brooks song!

The white lights getting longer, and the saddles getting cold.....I'm much to young to feel this damn old.

Wait its coming... sucks too and Im not that old yet...

I bought some Mama Cozzi (Italian for Mama Cozzi) garlic knots at Aldi. The package says they are "hand tied." I am skeptical. It can't be the most efficient process. OTOH, the two words sold me on them. And they are fantastic. Is "hand tying" of garlic knots really done in the garlic knot industry? @inkman?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I bought some Mama Cozzi (Italian for Mama Cozzi) garlic knots at Aldi. The package says they are "hand tied." I am skeptical. It can't be the most efficient process. OTOH, the two words sold me on them. And they are fantastic. Is "hand tying" of garlic knots really done in the garlic knot industry? @inkman?

We do make a lot of Aldi products, all of which I stand behind but unfortunately garlic knots aren't one of them.  My company is pretty strict about allowable verbiage on labels but parent companies can override us.  Aldi is not one of those companies. Now whether or not someone plays with the term "hand tied" is a different story.  

I find it hard to believe a company would go out of its way to call something hand tied without actually doing it as it doesn't have a health or dietary benefit.  They are almost certainly hand packed so applying the process to the from end doesn't seem far fetched.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

We do make a lot of Aldi products, all of which I stand behind but unfortunately garlic knots aren't one of them.  My company is pretty strict about allowable verbiage on labels but parent companies can override us.  Aldi is not one of those companies. Now whether or not someone plays with the term "hand tied" is a different story.  

I find it hard to believe a company would go out of its way to call something hand tied without actually doing it as it doesn't have a health or dietary benefit.  They are almost certainly hand packed so applying the process to the from end doesn't seem far fetched.  

Thanks. As long as Poppy doesn't hand-tie them, I'm good.

So as of my birthday last year 11/25, I decided to start training for an Ironman triathlon next year and do a half iron this September. I honestly don't know why, but it's a big challenge. I don't run/swim or bike. But since November I've run over 100 miles, I just bought a new Trek Emonda ALR5 and today I swam 1 mile at the Y (it took me 85 minutes) 

It's kinda weird how the body can adapt from pretty lazy to hard training, don't get me wrong it's super tough, but I've dropped 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I'm already craving more healthy foods compared to the junk I eat often. 

Hell, even in my recent trips I was taking time out to get a run in, bought a GPS watch and it has made things so great. 

Anyone else here ever do anything Tri related, I'd like to hear your takes. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I do those on my rest days ??

Did you blow 2 of them up? 

I wasn’t always an Ogre. I also wasn’t wise enough to stay away from blow and strippers....and it ended up being a very ***** up experience...two of them were sisters. I ended up coming down to the point where everyone disgusted me(including myself!)so I left and drive home at 7 am.....

Holy *****...maybe I’ve been an Ogre all this time.?

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I wasn’t always an Ogre. I also wasn’t wise enough to stay away from blow and strippers....and it ended up being a very ***** up experience...two of them were sisters. I ended up coming down to the point where everyone disgusted me(including myself!)so I left and drive home at 7 am.....

Holy *****...maybe I’ve been an Ogre all this time.?

This sounds like a Hunter S Thompson story without the reptile zoo.  Please continue.

Just now, Indabuff said:

This sounds like a Hunter S Thompson story without the reptile zoo.  Please continue.

I partied waaaaaay to hard when I was young.    My neighbor’s sister worked at Foxie’s. Another girl there thought I was the bomb, everyone is doing drugs, we go here, we go there....Eventually you don’t know where the ***** you are so you just live by native rules...then you sober up enough to realize that you aren’t tied to these damn fools!....then you just ***** leave and go home.....Fantastic? Innit? Nope? Yup!

8 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I partied waaaaaay to hard when I was young.    My neighbor’s sister worked at Foxie’s. Another girl there thought I was the bomb, everyone is doing drugs, we go here, we go there....Eventually you don’t know where the ***** you are so you just live by native rules...then you sober up enough to realize that you aren’t tied to these damn fools!....then you just ***** leave and go home.....Fantastic? Innit? Nope? Yup!

I mean, that sounds pretty epic, if you could do it again today, you'd be in? 

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Booked a trip to the Dominican Republic last night.  Might as well do these things until the purse strings tighten.

I hope I get to fly in a plane that looks like a whale.

It was designed by some stoned aviation engineers. Good luck. Actually that plane is not for the flying public. It's cargo-only.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So as of my birthday last year 11/25, I decided to start training for an Ironman triathlon next year and do a half iron this September. I honestly don't know why, but it's a big challenge. I don't run/swim or bike. But since November I've run over 100 miles, I just bought a new Trek Emonda ALR5 and today I swam 1 mile at the Y (it took me 85 minutes) 

It's kinda weird how the body can adapt from pretty lazy to hard training, don't get me wrong it's super tough, but I've dropped 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I'm already craving more healthy foods compared to the junk I eat often. 

Hell, even in my recent trips I was taking time out to get a run in, bought a GPS watch and it has made things so great. 

Anyone else here ever do anything Tri related, I'd like to hear your takes. 

One of my best friends did the Ironman Canada in Vancouver a few years ago and was a borderline pro triathlete for awhile. He's nuts- one of those All or Nothing people. My other good friend does tri training and he's a much more... normal/average build person. I can bug either for info if you want. 

Both got reallllllllllly disciplined and into it (scheduling food, scheduling everything) when they were in the final run up. I probably have the email from the pro triathlete to my friend about what to eat/do the day before and day of- can dig it up. 

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've been tasked with finding/recovering someone's ashes. Cremains. Long, sad story. I feel like it could be one of the best things I've ever done if I can pull it off. It would represent closure for someone who's very dear to me.

I may be weird.  If it’s not emotionally taxing, could you keep us posted?  Taxed with finding / recovering sounds like some sleuthing will be required.  You are obviously a trusted friend.

13 hours ago, Neo said:

I may be weird.  If it’s not emotionally taxing, could you keep us posted?  Taxed with finding / recovering sounds like some sleuthing will be required.  You are obviously a trusted friend.

Thanks. Well, more recovering than finding, I guess. I'm pretty sure where the ashes are. Basically, someone selfishly held the ashes for almost 20 years, refusing to give even a small amount of them to the deceased's daughter. That someone recently died. Resolving the issue seems simple. We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Thanks. Well, more recovering than finding, I guess. I'm pretty sure where the ashes are. Basically, someone selfishly held the ashes for almost 20 years, refusing to give even a small amount of them to the deceased's daughter. That someone recently died. Resolving the issue seems simple. We'll see.

I was a bit worried that I'd find you out on the beach one day attempting to sift the ocean.

• Haha (+1) 2