The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

• 2 weeks later...

....so what I'm saying is, I support the death penalty as long as it's executing people who don't brush off their cars in the winter and let that ***** blow off on the highway. Die on fire!! 

For every mile of road there are 2 miles of ditch...

8 minutes ago, ubkev said:

....so what I'm saying is, I support the death penalty as long as it's executing people who don't brush off their cars in the winter and let that ***** blow off on the highway. Die on fire!! 

For every mile of road there are 2 miles of ditch...

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, rakish said:

this link has about 100, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/word-finder-unscrambler.html

including endorsements, reimbursements, and advertisements

They've probably added you to some sort of list after running that search.  Sure, it's a common one on the internet, but probably not on that page.

on my lunch today I was watching the replay of the 1980 US olympic game. Ken Dryden was commenting on one of the Soviet lines about how the three forwards played on different teams in Russia and that while they "don't work that well as a line, they're three extremely talented hockey players individually...much like the French Connection in Buffalo, Perrault, Martin, Robert didn't play great as line but they were amazing individual talents." I am too young for the French Connection, any older fans here that can either agree with or refute what Dryden said? 

8 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

on my lunch today I was watching the replay of the 1980 US olympic game. Ken Dryden was commenting on one of the Soviet lines about how the three forwards played on different teams in Russia and that while they "don't work that well as a line, they're three extremely talented hockey players individually...much like the French Connection in Buffalo, Perrault, Martin, Robert didn't play great as line but they were amazing individual talents." I am too young for the French Connection, any older fans here that can either agree with or refute what Dryden said? 

Dryden was great, but he has no clue on this.  He is just still upset that the French Connection, a rookie named Gare and the rest of the Sabres eliminated the Canadiens in the semi-final in 1975.  Those same Canadiens that won 4 cups in a row starting in 1976.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, shrader said:

I just randomly came across possibly the strangest use of a profanity filter that I've ever seen.  It changed "basement" to "ba*****t".  Now I'm kind of curious to see if I can come up with more words with that one buried in the middle.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, PASabreFan said:

easement

On 12/19/2019 at 10:35 PM, rakish said:

this link has about 100, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/word-finder-unscrambler.html

including endorsements, reimbursements, and advertisements

It's a hockey board and no one came up with "defensemen"?  WTF?!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Weave said:

Complaint thread?

No kidding. I've got grievances!

I'm getting fat again so I've been in the gym like a madman. (It's working)

I have to race tonight. My regular Thursday night ski racing league. Trouble is I've been skiing non-stop since 8:30 this morning. I've logged around 29k in vertical feet. That's 1 Mt. Everest for anyone wondering. My knees are ***** shot. And I feel like a ***** Garth Brooks song!

The white lights getting longer, and the saddles getting cold.....I'm much to young to feel this damn old.