The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Up here they have been combining the two outlets in many locations since the the Wendy's parent co purchased Timmy's a few years ago.

I am not certain, but it seems that most, if not all of the drive up windows are only for Tim Horton's stuff, primarily coffee.  If you want Wendy's stuff you have to park and go inside.

Interesting!

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Doesn't this one belong in "the even ran-dumber thread?" ?

The scary thing is, I thought we were at Wendy's. Is it possible that fast food kills brain cells?

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Up here they have been combining the two outlets in many locations since the the Wendy's parent co purchased Timmy's a few years ago.

I am not certain, but it seems that most, if not all of the drive up windows are only for Tim Horton's stuff, primarily coffee.  If you want Wendy's stuff you have to park and go inside.

That's some stupid planning on their part.  It has to hurt sales at least slightly.

We are going to have a big problem here in NS on Saturday. 

If it is even close to Hurricane Juan in 2003, we will be dealing with the aftermath for weeks / months.

My wife and I still have 2 houses to worry about. One right on the coast where this thing is going to land.

We have provisions stashed at both houses. We are still thinking about where we should ride out the storm. We are more worried about the new house. We moved pretty much all of our stuff there. The old house is on higher ground and we are worried that if we stay on the coast we may not be able to get out for a considerable time.

I have a very bad feeling about this one.

10 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are going to have a big problem here in NS on Saturday. 

If it is even close to Hurricane Juan in 2003, we will be dealing with the aftermath for weeks / months.

My wife and I still have 2 houses to worry about. One right on the coast where this thing is going to land.

We have provisions stashed at both houses. We are still thinking about where we should ride out the storm. We are more worried about the new house. We moved pretty much all of our stuff there. The old house is on higher ground and we are worried that if we stay on the coast we may not be able to get out for a considerable time.

I have a very bad feeling about this one.

Is it supposed to strengthen on its way up?  The outer bands of it did absolutely nothing here.  I haven't yet seen how Wilmington fared though.

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

Stay safe @New Scotland (NS)

Thank you, my friend.  We will try.  We have decided to stay at the new house, even if it is more vulnerable and nearer the coast.  That said, the storm has strengthened to a cat 2 as it is now moving over open water.  The rain will start very lightly very early tomorrow morning.  Heavy rain and wind will start around 4 PM landfall (right dead on Halifax) will be around 6:00 PM, with the eye and wind shift at around 8PM.  By 10 PM it should be past us and still a hurricane as it crosses NS to PEI.

We have a back up plan in place to take our most important (books and paintings from Bosnia that can't be replaced) items packed up and ready to evacuate if need be.

This afternoon I brought the Legend to the Bedford house and it is tucked safely in the garage.  Tomorrow morning I am getting a ride back to Prospect.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

Is it supposed to strengthen on its way up?  The outer bands of it did absolutely nothing here.  I haven't yet seen how Wilmington fared though.

Yes.  And it has.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, Taro T said:

Good luck with it.  Hope your dream house escapes unscathed.

It's built like a tank and our other house is fine too.  Thanks.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:06 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

@New Scotland (NS)

How have you fared? 

We made it.

NS back on the grid and reporting for duty.  I bet Risto was NOT traded in my offlineness.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's built like a tank and our other house is fine too.  Thanks.

We made it.

NS back on the grid and reporting for duty.  I bet Risto was NOT traded in my offlineness.

Awesome to hear!!! 

Also.... 

chris farley yes GIF

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

@Samson's Flow pulling this from Friday’s thread, Vancouver has the second-worst housing price-income ratio in North America, so I’m not surprised to see hotel costs scaring you off.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-most-expensive-housing-market-canada-2019

The capital, Victoria, is just as bad. Fortunately, if you don’t need to be in the city, life further up the Island is a little more affordable. Lots of good camping and hiking opportunities, if that’s your speed.

21 hours ago, dudacek said:

@Samson's Flow pulling this from Friday’s thread, Vancouver has the second-worst housing price-income ratio in North America, so I’m not surprised to see hotel costs scaring you off.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-most-expensive-housing-market-canada-2019

The capital, Victoria, is just as bad. Fortunately, if you don’t need to be in the city, life further up the Island is a little more affordable. Lots of good camping and hiking opportunities, if that’s your speed.

We ended up getting a stop in Victoria as part of our Alaskan cruise, so I still got to show off some of B.C. to my wife.

The good camping and hiking is definitely part of the interest, but we also wanted to be close enough to the downtown area to explore. 

It was much easier to enjoy B.C/Vancouver when I was traveling on my company's buck ?

One of my dogs has the runs. No big deal, I think. Just frequent bathroom trips for him for a day or two. Anyway, I was just awoken by his panicked cries, letting me know he needs to go outside RIGHT NOW! Well, we made it on time. No accident in the house!

...just as he's finishing up, his brother scares up a rabbit and they both decide that 3am will be a good time for them to murder it. Well, now I have to chase 2 blood lusting Shiba Inus chasing a rabbit through the yard, just trying to intervene long enough to get the rabbit a fighting chance at getting through the fence. I failed. Johnny Utah pounced, Bodhi pounced. The rabbit stood no chance. I caught up and separated the 3 parties. It was too late. Peter Cottontail had been maimed and wouldn't be long for this world. I scooped up the 2 attempted murderers and perp walked em back to their cages. Lockdown! As Velveteen lay prostrate and helpless in the back yard, awaiting the clutches of death, I was faced with a decision. Leave the beast to suffer or put down humanely. Well, my house is in the city and directly behind a school, so shooting the rabbit is off the table. I'm also not going to let the dogs eat it. Ignoring my beautiful wife's advice to knife the ***** thing (she's all "I don't mean stab it repeatedly. I just meant for you to poke it in the neck.") Sorry hunny, poke it in the neck? You mean stab...say stab, psycho woman! So here I am... machete in hand. Just like Jason Vorhees. I look like a friggin cartoon! I've dispatched the rabbit. I'm writing this to you as I drink my bourbon and wait for this ***** things legs to stop twitching. 

All the best,

K

Edit:

Post Script: walking through the backyard, scouting the scene before I let the dogs outside again. Making sure all is clear. There's ***** rabbit parts everywhere! Bloody tufts of fur and *****. Walking through my backyard with a poop bag doing crime scene cleanup. 

Edit 2:

Post Post Script: The rain falls now. Washing away all memory from the night. From the night. Not from me, for I shall remember this night henceforth! Forever shall it haunt my soul!

By the way, kill count for the summer: Bodhi: 2 birds and 1 rabbit. Johnny Utah: 1 bird, 1 groundhog and 1 rabbit. Last year these two killed more birds than freshly Windexed glass. They got into a moles nest and murdered a whole family, which they then made me an accessory to. I've just got to face facts. I live with 2 supreme murder machines. They don't have guilt, nor empathy. Just drive. And the look in their eyes...pure joy. Sociopathic dogs. They go right back to cuddling with me once they're finished. Sociopathic....hmm....what if murder is an instinct?

... kidding! Ok, drinking more now!

Edited by ubkev
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2