The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

26 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I can't include the Islanders in a "best ever" debate between the 70s Habs and 80s Oilers.  I just can't.

Emotional aversion (no doubt about it) or intellectual aversion (certainly defendable)?

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There is no more objectionable smell than damp cardboard. I would rather drive 100 miles on a bed of roadkill than whiff one moist box.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Did you choose those last two words intentionally?

See I was wondering if the taste police had noticed or not?? The Obnoxious Man must be asleep at the keyboard today. ???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Did you choose those last two words intentionally?

In light of PA’s well established cunning linguistic skills, I believe the answer is self evident.

Edited by Neo

I've started calling the vitamin/mineral aisle the Pre-Dementia Simulator Space (PDSS). One day that's how I'll look at cereal, then my underwear, then close relatives.

---

I can't prove it, but once in a while NPR science dweeb Ira Flatow pronounces his name Ira Plato just to mess with people.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I've started calling the vitamin/mineral aisle the Pre-Dementia Simulator Space (PDSS). One day that's how I'll look at cereal, then my underwear, then close relatives.

---

I can't prove it, but once in a while NPR science dweeb Ira Flatow pronounces his name Ira Plato just to mess with people.

I NEED HOCKEY.  I'm reading about people piloting the Millennium Falcon, FFS. The people in the food thread probably are talking about organic peanut butter brands. 

HOCKEY.  NOW.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

I NEED HOCKEY.  I'm reading about people piloting the Millennium Falcon, FFS. The people in the food thread probably are talking about organic peanut butter brands. 

HOCKEY.  NOW.

I thought it was avocado toast.  Isn't that the only food youngsters care about these days?

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

I thought it was avocado toast.  Isn't that the only food youngsters care about these days?

I turn 30 next month and have never had avocado toast in my life, nor do I get a drink from Starbucks everyday. Thus, according to the times, I may one day afford a house. 

-- -- -- 

August doldrums. 

I painted traditionally for the first time in over four years this weekend. It was... overdue. I was thrilled with how easily it came back to me. Dark and I holed up in the garage, tunes blasting Saturday night and both painted and it was the happiest I've felt in a while. 

I plan to be very selfish about it. I've spread myself far too thin over the years here, and I will not turn one of my rare joys into yet another side hustle. Acrylic painting is for me and me only haha 

68494674_10215307207459927_3177461331506757632_o.jpg

• Like (+1) 1