The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

19 hours ago, shrader said:

What would be your career stat line?  The first 3 digits of your social security number are the games played, then next 3 are your goals, and the last 3 are your assists.

Strangely it's the same as real life.

000 games played, 000 goals, 000 assists.  ?

I met some local gals at the music in the meadow in Big Sky, where I'm at the conference, we all got so hammered last night that I didn't even make it to the bed in the hotel. Apparently Huckleberry vodka goes down very smooth. I was awokened by my alarm at 8am to get ready to whitewater raft the Gallitan River, class 3 and 4 rapids in 50 degree water. 

That may actually be a better option than hair of the dog ????

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, spndnchz said:

When you have enough money and don’t care what they think about your hat.....

priceless

I don't have that much money, and I still don't care what people think of my hat. The benefits of age, as long as MrsPie doesn't disown me, I'm good.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I don't have that much money, and I still don't care what people think of my hat. The benefits of age, as long as MrsPie doesn't disown me, I'm good.

Agreed the older you get... Mrs North is even becoming more amenable my dress down miss matched clothing choices... think she is tired of fighting with me.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What in blazes is up with this blasted and damned 'Updating Ribbon UI Controls ... Please wait' thingie in the middle of my screen that appears to be doing nothing atol?

I'm going to guess that your computer has gremlins. Just don't feed them after midnight.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Drunkard said:

I'm going to guess that your computer has gremlins. Just don't feed them after midnight.

I can't remember who it was, but a regular poster here and myself are big Windows 7 people.  Is that you?

Anyway, with end of support for 7 looming I have been reluctantly forced to migrate my office PCs to Windows 10.  I just checked and this laptop is due for a massive Windows 10 update.  This PC (Toshiba) I converted to 10 from 7.  I also have an HP that has Windows 10 factory installed and it is in the process of running this massive update for 10.  It has been downloading and installing and now configuring since about 7 PM last night.  What a horror show.

On top of that the HP, well Microsoft Security for 10, decided that it did not like the 2018 tax software that was installed and running beautifully since the end of 2017.  Keep deleting the files to run it, as it seemed that a Trojan was attacking my PC through the software.  What entire BS.  I hate Microsoft!!

I have a Toshiba running Windows 7 that will remain as a data base.  I also have an old desktop that is running Windows XP (the only version that I really likes a lot) that is an office server, with no real Internet, although it needs to be 'connected' in order to be that server.

I am not going to run this massive 10 update on this PC until I can't avoid it anymore and firgure what is happening with the HP.  As a fall back I can use the 7 Toshiba to work on client taxes and such.

IDK what your problem is with Windows 10, but it is by far the best version of Windows there has been.  With computer problems, it's usually PEBKAM, unless there's an obvious hardware failure.  Even infections come from simply not respecting and rising to the awareness level of safe computing.  

It's like news reports where a truck hits a house.  "The truck skipped over the curb and into the house."  No, the driver allowed the truck to move over the curb and slam into the house.  The truck, on its own, does nothing but sit there.

Sorry, don't mean to lecture, just conversing.  But as a representative of my attempt to just be at the next bar stool, here is a funny gif:

funniestgifs13.gif

Edited by ...
I'm a doofus.