The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

44 minutes ago, josie said:

Dude. Whenever we're sitting around and dark starts waxing poetic about every vehicle he's owned and how they're better than anything he could ever get again, you can ALWAYS say this. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed it hahaha 

He bitched about the Delta the whole time he had it and don't let him ever tell you different, lol.

To be fair
InfatuatedDetailedIvorygull-size_restric

how could anything ever live up to the Caprice.

• Like (+1) 2

Hey that is what the DC snipers drove... coincidence I think not... watch your back Josie...,

8 minutes ago, sabills said:

He bitched about the Delta the whole time he had it and don't let him ever tell you different, lol.

To be fair

12 minutes ago, sabills said:

To be fair

Oh my god all I ever hear about is how "well it was a pile and falling apart BUT.... *insert praise here*"

The Suburban: "I hate this giant hot money pit ughhhhhh I love it but such a giant hole in my pocket"

Buick LeSabre (his grandpa's): various grumblings, had to have the seats pretty much remade to make it bearable to drive for his frame, "yeah I don't expect to like it, it's an old person's car" Bonus: Had the occasional Werther's Original stuck in nooks and crannies

the Roadmaster: all praise and love until it ***** the bed and started pissing fluid everywhere 

The VW Golf: the only car I've known him to own that he didn't outwardly/verbally hate. Of course VW had to eff up that massive Diesel debacle and piss him off. Thanks, VW. This is why we can't have nice things.

current car, Chevy Impala: He has nothing nice to say at all. Pure. Hatred. I will be shocked if he actually rose tints this one in the future. Seriously. If this car was a person, I'd advise it to take a restraining order out against him for malicious intent.  

My car: Lots of hatred. Doesn't fit his body. Rattle trap. Small. 

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Hey that is what the DC snipers drove... coincidence I think not... watch your back Josie...,

Lol my dad actually called in a couple cars when he was working in DC around that time- he was in Rockville. Scared the eff out of me as a kid. 

Edited by josie

4 minutes ago, josie said:

Oh my god all I ever hear about is how "well it was a pile and falling apart BUT.... *insert praise here*"

The Suburban: "I hate this giant hot stick money pit ughhhhhh I love it but such a giant hole in my pocket"

Buick LeSabre (his grandpa's): various grumblings, had to have the seats pretty much remade to make it bearable to drive for his frame, "yeah I don't expect to like it, it's an old person's car" Bonus: Had the occasional Werther's Original stuck in nooks and crannies

the Roadmaster: all praise and love until it ***** the bed and started pissing fluid everywhere 

The VW Golf: the only car I've known him to own that he didn't outwardly/verbally hate. Of course VW had to eff up that massive Diesel debacle and piss him off. Thanks, VW. This is why we can't have nice things.

current car, Chevy Impala: He has nothing nice to say at all. Pure. Hatred. I will be shocked if he actually rose tints this one in the future. Seriously. If this car was a person, I'd advise it to take a restraining order out against him for malicious intent.  

My car: Lots of hatred. Doesn't fit his body. Rattle trap. Small. 

Lol my dad actually called in a couple cars when he was working in DC around that time- he was in Rockville. Scared the eff out of me as a kid. 

We saw them driving back on 95 right after the last shoot, kid in the back made a face at us. Caught our attention.  Called in a couple white vans then mentioned the caprice and they got all interested gave them license plate then they shut down beltway and found them the next day in northern MD truck stop.

• Like (+1) 1

Would you guys say that the 20-teens decade for the Sabres (and NHL) went from 2009-2010 to 2018-2019, or from 2010-2011 to 2019-2020? Does this coming season count as the start of the next decade because its second half, and stanley cup awarding, will take place in the 2020s, or is it still part of last season, and the first full season to take place in the twenties is the proper first season of the decade?

Edited by Randall Flagg

36 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would you guys say that the 20-teens decade for the Sabres (and NHL) went from 2009-2010 to 2018-2019, or from 2010-2011 to 2019-2020? Does this coming season count as the start of the next decade because its second half, and stanley cup awarding, will take place in the 2020s, or is it still part of last season, and the first full season to take place in the twenties is the proper first season of the decade?

2010-11 to 2019-20. One more chance to turn the decade around 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

There is no way that this aging app that's all the rage ins't just some AI data collection endeavor.

Of course. Facial recognition is just the next step in the process. Big business collectively already has most of your secrets at this point  so they have to invent new ways to get the rest, even if you don't use give it away voluntarily by putting it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Google has your search history and every place you've ever gone since you've had a cell phone in your pocket thanks to Google Maps. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, etc. have documented evidence of all the shows you watch and Visa, Amazon, and Walmart have your financial information and purchase history.

I was listening to NPR on the way to work the other day and they are developing some new brain reading technology that will soon be used to give people Jedi/Telepathy powers on your future Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo consoles. Anyone who plays it will have their brain waves mapped and cataloged for our alien overlords. Might as well spit in a tube and send it to Ancestry.com or 23 and me so they'll have your DNA on file. It may save you from the alien probe or maybe they'll do it anyway just for kicks.

Edited by Drunkard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, sabills said:

Here's a real random question: what the hell is a wheat king? I know and LOVE the Tragically Hip song. I know that there is a hockey team named the "Wheat Kings". But google is failing me. Where does that name come from?

From hipmuseum.com

Western Canada's wheat farmers and grain growers were known as Wheat Kings after the development of Marquis Wheat. This strain was specifically designed and engineered at the Canadian Experimental Farm in Ottawa. It grew in accordance with the shorter Canadian harvesting season. Without this development, it is questionable whether the West would have grown as fast, or at all. "Marquis" is French and refers to nobility or royalty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Wheat dude, Kansas, midwest Canada ie Saskatchewan is full of it... wheat that is. Parts of Colorado, Wyoming too

Oh I guessed the Wheat part, it was the "Kings" that confused me, haha

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

From hipmuseum.com

nice, thanks!

Golf is weird.  It's really the only sport that the players have a compunction to say Golf Ball as opposed to ball, as in. "I didn't hit the golf ball well today, or I need to shape the golf ball to get it close."  Do they really need to say golf ball.  Do we think they are using a different ball, e.g. soccer?  I never heard a baseball announcer say "that's a long fly baseball to left field."  Nor do I hear announcers say "the Sabres dump the hockey puck in deep."  Or in football, "you can't put the football on the ground 3 times and expect to win."  Or in tennis, players complaining that "that tennis ball was out!"

Golfers are an arrogant bunch.  And I like golf (ball).

47 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Golf is weird.  It's really the only sport that the players have a compunction to say Golf Ball as opposed to ball, as in. "I didn't hit the golf ball well today, or I need to shape the golf ball to get it close."  Do they really need to say golf ball.  Do we think they are using a different ball, e.g. soccer?  I never heard a baseball announcer say "that's a long fly baseball to left field."  Nor do I hear announcers say "the Sabres dump the hockey puck in deep."  Or in football, "you can't put the football on the ground 3 times and expect to win."  Or in tennis, players complaining that "that tennis ball was out!"

Maybe I don’t watch enough golf, but I’ve never played with anyone who says this 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Maybe I don’t watch enough golf, but I’ve never played with anyone who says this 

Tiger Woods after his round yesterday:

“I'm just not moving as well as I'd like, and unfortunately you've got to be able to move and, especially under these conditions, shape the golf ball - and I didn't do that. Everything was left to right and I wasn't hitting the golf ball very solidly. It's just the way it is. It's just father time and the procedures I’ve had over time. It's just the way it’s going to be. One of the reasons I am playing less tournaments this year is that hopefully I can prolong my career and be out there a bit longer.”

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

"We gotta take care of the football."

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Tiger Woods after his round yesterday:

“I'm just not moving as well as I'd like, and unfortunately you've got to be able to move and, especially under these conditions, shape the golf ball - and I didn't do that. Everything was left to right and I wasn't hitting the golf ball very solidly. It's just the way it is. It's just father time and the procedures I’ve had over time. It's just the way it’s going to be. One of the reasons I am playing less tournaments this year is that hopefully I can prolong my career and be out there a bit longer.”

Yeah, that’s pretty strange to me too. I always have thought it was weird when people say they’re playing golf rather than golfing.