The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think we have different ideas of "small camper"; my minivan tows 3500lbs which is enough for small to me.

Also, Minivan, the Suburban for people that aren't vain.

Self built but I want a shower and wife wants a double bed.  Plus out west you need walls because of bears in National Parks. 

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think we have different ideas of "small camper"; my minivan tows 3500lbs which is enough for small to me.

Also, Minivan, the Suburban for people that aren't vain.

That's all he was looking to tow too. I suggested a Traverse or something, but he seemed set on something overkill lol

I wish there was a minivan out there I could talk myself into buying right now. I'd have one tomorrow, but the price just ain't right yet.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

That's all he was looking to tow too. I suggested a Traverse or something, but he seemed set on something overkill lol

I wish there was a minivan out there I could talk myself into buying right now. I'd have one tomorrow, but the price just ain't right yet.

Pilot works with 3rd row kids do fine

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

We have an AWD Sienna, which is fine but uninspiring to drive. It truly is as large as a Suburban inside though. The Odyssey was more fun but lower clearance and FWD killed it.

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Pilot works with 3rd row kids do fine

I'm not really in to small SUVs. It's sedans, vans and trucks for me.

Just now, MattPie said:

We have an AWD Sienna, which is fine but uninspiring to drive. It truly is as large as a Suburban inside though. The Odyssey was more fun but lower clearance and FWD killed it.

I wish I could get something like my old Grand Voyager I had in high school. That thing was nimble. Modern minivans have gotten a little bloated. I wish Ford would give us the Transit Custom like Europe gets.

ford-tourneo-custom-1st-gen-facelift-200

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, darksabre said:

Had to compromise when I got married... and last pickup died... finally found a pickup she will tolerate and can do the jobs I like... otherwise Id be driving a Sierra, Ram or F150.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Had to compromise when I got married... and last pickup died... finally found a pickup she will tolerate and can do the jobs I like... otherwise Id be driving a Sierra, Ram or F150.

I'll be honest, I find a lot more uses for the 48" x 96" 40" tall cargo area in my van than I could ever use in the pickup. The day I did need large open space (moved washer, dryer, and outside furniture), I borrowed a flat trailer. I'll never get pickups, I think.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MattPie said:

I'll be honest, I find a lot more uses for the 48" x 96" 40" tall cargo area in my van than I could ever use in the pickup. The day I did need that (moved washer, dryer, and outside furniture, I borrow a flat trailer. I'll never get pickups, I think.

Having the low load floor is great too.

The only real reason to get a truck is to tow something heavy, like a 4000lb car on a trailer.

4 hours ago, darksabre said:

I wish I could get something like my old Grand Voyager I had in high school. That thing was nimble. Modern minivans have gotten a little bloated. I wish Ford would give us the Transit Custom like Europe gets.

ford-tourneo-custom-1st-gen-facelift-200

You hated that thing!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sabills said:

This is true.  I believe your actual complaint was "its too practical!"

Hence looking at the Astrovan

It was so good for putting those giant loudspeakers in. 

And that was no mere Astro Van. That was a G20 Tiara Conversion van.

1995_gmc_g20_conversion_van_1552312909e7

4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you posting from the great beyond?  What's it like?  I bet it's real hot, eh?

Seriously, though, there is still time, no?

Hunt for Red October.

Seriously, though, Big Sky is part of my five year ski plan. I'll get there.

• Like (+1) 1

Go there in early June before the summitt is opened up to cars. From the Lodge you can ride a bicycle up to where the road is blocked by the last of the winter avalanches and it is impressive on the Highway to the Sun in Glacier National Park.   That picture was near the base and is of my oldest son.  It was a spectacular ride up the mountain.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Hunt for Red October.

Seriously, though, Big Sky is part of my five year ski plan. I'll get there.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Go there in early June before the summitt is opened up to cars. From the Lodge you can ride a bicycle up to where the road is blocked by the last of the winter avalanches and it is impressive on the Highway to the Sun in Glacier National Park.   That picture was near the base and is of my oldest son.  It was a spectacular ride up the mountain.

I'll be going in mid February to ski pow and drink beer. I may add in hike backcountry, ski pow, drink beer. And if I can manage to save enough money; helicopter to top of Lone Mountain, ski pow, drink beer.

Don't get me wrong, the early summer views are breath taking. But winter is my season, and I would never forgive myself if I went out west and didn't get waist deep in powder.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, sabills said:

You hated that thing!

Dude. Whenever we're sitting around and dark starts waxing poetic about every vehicle he's owned and how they're better than anything he could ever get again, you can ALWAYS say this. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed it hahaha 

• Haha (+1) 5