The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

I've been to other boroughs.  It's all the same.

Years ago a batch of our local delegates were riding in a cab back to the airport after a district council meeting. One guys was hammered going on and on about the boroughs of NY to the cab driver. He finally ensnares me...”Ogre....tell ‘im about the five boroughs..”....I was certain the driver was already familiar....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 2:12 AM, Eleven said:

Q:  What do you call a city with shops that advertise brick oven pizza and house-made pastries, but lack an oven; which stinks to high Hell, and which is full of people who insist it's the best place on Earth?

A:  New York.

I've been here for six hours and can't wait to get back.

This is absolutely the correct opinion. NYC is awful.

4 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I haven't seen the whole world, but NYC is the worst I have seen among the three continents I've been to. It's just gross.  And I have to go there all the time for work.  I had to walk through SEWAGE in Queens once.

Edited by Eleven

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I haven't seen the whole world, but NYC is the worst I have seen among the three continents I've been to. It's just gross.  And I have to go there all the time for work.  I had to walk through SEWAGE in Queens once.

As someone who has been to much of Europe, nearly every major city in North America and the Caribbean - NYC is the worst of them by far. 

I'm currently in Berlin now, and I know it's not quite as big, but this is a big city done right. Clean streets, useful metro, lots of history and culture in museums, etc

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Also, the average player salary

Not sure on average (should be able to calculate it easily enough but don't have time to calculate it out) but team payrolls that year ranged from the Preds w/ $16.6MM up to the Rags W/ $59.4 MM.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not sure on average (should be able to calculate it easily enough but don't have time to calculate it out) but team payrolls that year ranged from the Preds w/ $16.6MM up to the Rags W/ $59.4 MM.

Holy *****. What kind of team we're they icing with ~$17M? Was that their expansion year?

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right? I'm mostly just shocked Jagr made that much then. Didn't we have a hissy fit about giving our 95 point captain a 5x5 contract in 2007?

I remember those days. I remember everyone losing their mind when we spent $4M on Stafford. Granted the available money was different but it's crazy to think about 

On 6/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, Samson's Flow said:

While you are both right, NYC is straight up awful, just about everything about it. 

Dehli in India makes NYC look like the Maldives. I've never in my life seen such disgust/trash/rubbish in one collection, the people (via their culture) are rude, and to pile on, it's like 120 degrees, so all that trash stinks even worse. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed India, but Delhi in particular may top the list of worst places on the planet. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

At the Penfield fireworks in case anyone cares. My son wore his Spidey costume, I was the beneficiary when he decided to adorn normal clothing. 

In my line of work the Spider-Man reference gets used a lot. The last time was a few weeks ago. I’m nowhere near as spidery as I once was and I was singing in my head the whole time “Spider-Man, Spider-Man....big, fat, worn out out Spider-Man....”

Adsorb vs. Absorb
Easily confused, these two processes are actually quite different. When a substance is absorbed, it is assimilated throughout the bulk of a substance. Think of your kitchen sponge at home. When you use it to clean up a spill, the liquid of the spill dissolves and disperses throughout the entirety of the sponge. After cleaning, the liquid can be washed out of the sponge. When a substance is absorbed, it adheres to the exterior of a surface. When VOCs and smoke molecules pass by activated carbon, they react and stick to the surface of the carbon, binding to it. This is why carbon is "activated" with oxygen, a process which creates millions of tiny pores and fissures throughout the carbon, giving the carbon much more surface area for chemicals to bind to.

Uh, not helping. I didn't even get to the third term: agsorb.