The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Good luck to those guys ever finding work again. 

Could you imagine if it was some grunt dude smoking a cigarette?  I couldn't fathom burning down a 12th century historical building.  Regardless what caused it, JFC it's sad.

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

Could you imagine if it was some grunt dude smoking a cigarette?  I couldn't fathom burning down a 12th century historical building.  Regardless what caused it, JFC it's sad.

The guilt would have to be overwhelming.

I imagine there would be criminal charges coming.

My office is on the 4th floor.  Right now there's a grasshopper on the window (no ledges or anything, just a flat wall of glass).  I know it's nothing crazy, but I'm probably going to spend the whole day waiting to see where it goes next.  My money's on a bird swooping in.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/10/2019 at 10:21 AM, shrader said:

A building a few block just had a nice little explosion that so far sounds like it was a gas line.  That should make for a crazy day.  It felt like something was dropped on our building's room.

edit: https://www.wral.com/durham-explosion-1-person-dead-after-gas-explosion-in-downtown/18317583/

What's going on with everything near you exploding?

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Wait, what else exploded?

Didn't you have someone drilling nearby who did in fact hit a gas line?  I seem to recall some discussion between you and Chz about it.

Edited by Eleven

I might find myself in Montreal for the first time this August. I’d be accompanying my wife as she attends a science conference. So really a zero-agenda trip for me. My days would be free to explore solo.

Any recommendations for attractions, foods, beers, sights? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, EichSnipe said:

I might find myself in Montreal for the first time this August. I’d be accompanying my wife as she attends a science conference. So really a zero-agenda trip for me. My days would be free to explore solo.

Any recommendations for attractions, foods, beers, sights? 

Old Montreal.  Sit at a sidewalk cafe and drink and watch the people and happenings.  I would not leave that spot at atol.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Old Montreal.  Sit at a sidewalk cafe and drink and watch the people and happenings.  I would not leave that spot at atol.

There's not much I like more than a good bagel and coffee... If I find a nice cobblestone patio, I imagine I could waste a lovely day away watching passerby and consuming carbs ? 

• Like (+1) 1

My truck blew a brake line on the front left wheel a few miles from my house on my way home from the job tonight. I’m very rural and had five stops that could easily be coast through. One complete stop, smoke bellowing from the burning brake fluid. Thankfully I live on the top of the hill because there was no fluid left to slow for the driveway. I hope @MODO Hockey wasn’t so angry at my Olofsson comments that he’d fly from Sweden to sabotage my brakes. I’m sorry dude.?

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

My truck blew a brake line on the front left wheel a few miles from my house on my way home from the job tonight. I’m very rural and had five stops that could easily be coast through. One complete stop, smoke bellowing from the burning brake fluid. Thankfully I live on the top of the hill because there was no fluid left to slow for the driveway. I hope @MODO Hockey wasn’t so angry at my Olofsson comments that he’d fly from Sweden to sabotage my brakes. I’m sorry dude.?

He's been known to do worse.  He's wanted in three countries (Iceland, Denmark, San Marino) for selling Girl Scout cookies without a license, lechery, and distributing ammunition (stones for people armed with slings, from what I've heard).

Edited by Eleven