The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

24 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What is ... 'I'll take things that are outstanding for $1,000, Alex'.

+++++

Speaking of which, I hope Alex will respond well to his treatments.

I've gone out of my way to watch that show a couple times in the last few weeks.  It truly is a national treasure that I overlook far too often.  55 years worth of shows and they've only had two hosts.  Amazing.  I hope they end it when Trebek has to step down.

And F that disease, particularly the pancreatic variety.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I've gone out of my way to watch that show a couple times in the last few weeks.  It truly is a national treasure that I overlook far too often.  55 years worth of shows and they've only had two hosts.  Amazing.  I hope they end it when Trebek has to step down.

And F that disease, particularly the pancreatic variety.

You are absolutely correct on all counts.

Yes ... ***** cancer in all forms and ***** the horse it rode in on too.

We just had a regular department meeting that they hold quarterly.  At the start, they announced that one woman was retiring.  After a little talk about how long she's been here, someone asked her when she's leaving.  The woman responded "right now", then immediately stood up and walked out.  It was the best exit I've ever seen.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Wow. I didn't even think of that. I agree.

Only, I'm past nearly.

Like how much longer would I have been able to play if I could have held the bow in a physically natural position while still being able to get my left hand around the neck? Probably would still be able to play today.  

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Like how much longer would I have been able to play if I could have held the bow in a physically natural position while still being able to get my left hand around the neck? Probably would still be able to play today.  

You German bowed mouth breathers.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You German bowed mouth breathers.

I used both depending on the piece.  German bow gave me a larger dynamic range but my control with the French was better, even though it was tougher to hold for long preiods of time.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I used both depending on the piece.  German bow gave me a larger dynamic range but my control with the French was better, even though it was tougher to hold for long preiods of time.

I always wanted to try German bow. I'm actually toying with the idea of getting an upright again. They are just sooo much money. Hopefully the student models have gotten better.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Both my wife and I are in complete agreement that if we were both younger and fitter (like Gary Glitter ... hey, oh @Sabel79) we would settle in New Zealand.

Hoo boy that one aged poorly... still, I’ll bite.

Come on and show me, say the Bells of old Bowie... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Hoo boy that one aged poorly... still, I’ll bite.

Come on and show me, say the Bells of old Bowie... 

You owe me a move, say the Bells of St. Groove ...

(then yours ,,,)

When I am fitter, say the Bells of Gary Glitter ...

No one, but you and I, say the Bells of Prince Far I

+++++

I can only assume that you mean that Gary didn't age well and not the awesome Clash City Rockers.

Do you know that those particular lyrics are a play on a very old and traditional English nursery rhyme ... Oranges and Lemons?

I absolutely love to garden. I’m pumped for another growing season! This stuff is just messing around for fun but I have some big plans. I’ve already added to the orchard I started last fall. It’s a huge addiction for me. Check out that root ball on that celery plant!

E31DF31D-E7EF-4C0F-B32A-E94577287E92.jpeg

904575D1-7040-4E5D-8174-E6B9D97183CF.jpeg

99CA94A0-3556-4747-9251-D5D74070B625.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am sitting in a really boring meeting about artwork and where it should be placed in a certain building to which I have a connection.

There is exactly one person in this meeting who is younger than I am, and I'm no kid anymore.  Everyone has a very long-winded opinion about whose portrait belongs where. 

So I'm screwing around on Sabrespace.  

Edited by Eleven

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

I am sitting in a really boring meeting about artwork and where it should be placed in a certain building to which I have a connection.

There is exactly one person in this meeting who is younger than I am, and I'm no kid anymore.  Everyone has a very long-winded opinion about whose portrait belongs where. 

So I'm screwing around on Sabrespace.  

You need the Mitch godfather portrait from Old School.

42 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks for the warning, whatever *Australian* AWS ads are.

Amazon Web Services, essentially when people say "Cloud". They're pretty similar to the other AWS ads, just with an accent. "G'day, my web sahvices go faster than shimp on the barbie, mate, and AWS helps mah keep up."

FYI: listening to "London Calling" album currently; I thought you'd appreciate that. I'm not sure it's changing everything for me yet, but I dig it.

Edited by MattPie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MattPie said:

Amazon Web Services, essentially when people say "Cloud". They're pretty similar to the other AWS ads, just with an accent. "G'day, my web sahvices go faster than shimp on the barbie, mate, and AWS helps mah keep up."

FYI: listening to "London Calling" album currently; I thought you'd appreciate that. I'm not sure it's changing everything for me yet, but I dig it.

Outstanding album that did change my life back in 1980.

IMO, it's not their best work.  Try 'Sandinista' next.  IMO, it's their bestest.

Nice accent, mate.