The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

@New Scotland (NS)

I am sorry to hear this news, I have dabbled a little into Immunology/Allergy, and while I'm not overly familiar, there is a condition called HAE (Hereditary Angioedema) that can cause anaphylaxis/near analyphlayis in otherwise healthy patients, the deficiency is of a cell called C1 esterase and can be from deficiency or from the cell not functioning properly, I have to imagine this is a similar process, there are often times injections one can get to control the symptoms, but I'm not sure how close the processes are, I will try and look into it a little more. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Mrs. iT and I are braving the cold to sit in the tub and watch the lunar eclipse. 

Fantastic!

My tuque is frozen into a bowl and I need to dunk my drink in the tub to thaw it but...

l

Thanks for this. just got back in after reading your post.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, Samson's Flow said:

Yeah in the snow the traction control sometimes does the opposite. The system tries to correct when it senses slipping/loss of traction, but in the snow you need predictability most of all, and randomly stopping wheel spin can be dangerous when you're trying to get through snowy conditions

I always wondered about that, thanks... I am sure this advice will save my backside one day...

10 hours ago, ubkev said:

New alternator, battery and serp belt...ouch!

Is that a mechanic telling you that?   I tend to treat them as snake oil salesmen.  I'm middle of the road when it comes to doing car repairs myself.  Last time I took my car in for inspection they told me a tie rod was bad.  I asked how bad and they told me "not too bad".  Really *****?

7 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Is that a mechanic telling you that?   I tend to treat them as snake oil salesmen.  I'm middle of the road when it comes to doing car repairs myself.  Last time I took my car in for inspection they told me a tie rod was bad.  I asked how bad and they told me "not too bad".  Really *****?

Battery (5 years) and serpentine belt were due. I could see the belt was cracking. Alternator straight up died. I'd have done the battery myself, but it was already at the garage, so they can do it.

Just now, ubkev said:

The amount of weed being smoked on this bus right now...

I'm on a skiing bus trip. This isn't really surprising, but holy hell, it smells like Christmas in here!

Christmas in your family sounds very different from the Christmas' I remember.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Lol, certainly not my family. My mother is an innocent and my father, well...dad probably hasn't smoked pot since Woodstock.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

The amount of weed being smoked on this bus right now...

I'm on a skiing bus trip. This isn't really surprising, but holy hell, it smells like Christmas in here!

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Sounds like my family last Monday.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

OK, so which one of you yahoos is robo-calling my office and cell from North Carolina (again)?

I'm just trying to get even for all the robo calls I've been getting lately.  Someone has a sense of humor.  I got one last week from an area code where I might actually get a call from.  So I googled the number and it was a restaurant in the Charleston SC area.  That seemed odd, so I googled a few other calls I refused to answer and they were also restaurants in other area codes.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I dug out my old T5 light bank the other day. Seems wierd to call that one old when...I still have that old metal halide setup?

That old patio umbrella that blew off into the ding weeds two summers ago? The one that the wife thought I was crazy for keeping the parts of? The canopy is a perfect vented cover for late season tomato ripening. The skeleton was just turned into a light weight stand for the T5... $.75 in bolts and the sweat of drilling two holes...

What the hell am I doing this early? Whatever the fark I want! An early jump on the silly stuff. Seed onion, perennial flowering, and some annual flowering. I’ve also planted enough to test for a basement winter garden. I’m not packing this gear up. It’s out to stay. I’m back in....I’m closing in on that ag exemption too...no pun intended but...growing every year.

• Like (+1) 1