The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

15 minutes ago, biodork said:

I looked to see if maybe he was headed to Denver on another date, but no dice... it's a fairly limited tour.

Love it!

I'm gonna need a bigger suitcase... ?

d4rk and I aren't very foldable, but we could probably be strapped to a roofrack with little difficulty. You're in Colorado so I assume you're driving a Subaru?

EDIT: nvm, you're flying. We'll just cover the extra baggage fee to put us underneath with the dogs.

Edited by sabills
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, sabills said:

d4rk and I aren't very foldable, but we could probably be strapped to a roofrack with little difficulty. You're in Colorado so I assume you're driving a Subaru?

lol I did up until Thanksgiving weekend... traded it in for a Mazda CX-5 (with AWD, of course)!  (c;

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, josie said:

Bio, you should go to the concert with your mama, then get on a plane, fly here, enjoy some bourbon with dark and I at some of the fancy places downtown I never have time/reason to go to, see as many games as you can in 3 days (beauts bandits sabres whatever else), then go back to Colorado, with me stowed securely in your carryon luggage (I'm bendy) and then set me free in the mountains. 

Only if I am included in the bourbon-y portions.

• Like (+1) 2

Meant to post this around Xmas:

I was singing Rudolph to RosePie one night, and got to thinking about the reindeer names. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen; Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. What's up with the last two? So I looked it up: Donner and Blitzen translate to Thunder and Lightning in German. They are the most kick-ass reindeer now.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, MattPie said:

I was singing Rudolph to RosePie one night, and got to thinking about the reindeer names. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen; Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. What's up with the last two? So I looked it up: Donner and Blitzen translate to Thunder and Lightning in German. They are the most kick-ass reindeer now.

I have always been partial to Vixen ... ?

You had to use Google Translate for Blitzen?  Have you never heard of Blitzkrieg, as in Blitzkrieg Bop? ?

17 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I bought a new-to-me Subaru a few months back, and I'm a little annoyed that it hasn't snowed yet in Buffalo so I can experience its AWD glory.

Dude.. this is the same reason people buy snowblowers.  It's snow insurance.  Ugh.. see what you did?  (as I now look outside at 5 inches of now on the ground since last night)

9 hours ago, MattPie said:

That and Donner wound up stringing together a pretty solid directing career.

Edit: And speaking of that song, my 5 year old niece had a pretty interesting take on it this year.  She kept saying that there are only 8 reindeer because Rudolph is imaginary.  None of us dared to dig any deeper into why she kept saying it.

Edited by shrader

22 minutes ago, shrader said:

That and Donner wound up stringing together a pretty solid directing career.

Edit: And speaking of that song, my 5 year old niece had a pretty interesting take on it this year.  She kept saying that there are only 8 reindeer because Rudolph is imaginary.  None of us dared to dig any deeper into why she kept saying it.

Yeah, and I hear the food at his parties is to die for.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MattPie said:

Donner got to lead once. He led his party of reindeer into the snowy Sierra Nevada in hopes of reaching the homes in California and well... no one knew reindeer were cannibals until the tragedy of Donner's Party happened. They tell you they hired Rudolph for his shiny nose, so they could see their way in the fog... they don't tell you about the blizzards.

Donner doesn't lead anymore. 

..."fun" random fact... one of the spots where part of the Donner Party perished is where the Sugar Bowl ski resort is, due to the large amounts of snow that fall there. 

1 minute ago, sabills said:

I liked yours better, it was a slow burn. Mine reads like something out of "1001 HILARIOUS Jokes to Tell Your Friends".

Mine just shows of my sociopathic side that sits around reading about disasters. I'd just finished a really solid book about the Donner Party. You hear all the jokes but you never really hear the whole story. Speaking of tragedies and random, just about finished another book about the sinking of El Faro, a container/cargo ship that went down in Hurricane Joaquin in 2015. Which leads to me lying in bed reading wikipedia thread after wikipedia thread about varying maritime disasters... 

I need help. 

42 minutes ago, LTS said:

Dude.. this is the same reason people buy snowblowers.  It's snow insurance.  Ugh.. see what you did?  (as I now look outside at 5 inches of now on the ground since last night)

Yeah apparently all I had to do was ask - sorry guys!

(although northtowns where I am only got ~1 inch, but I told my wife it was at least 3 inches ? )

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Yeah apparently all I had to do was ask - sorry guys!

(although northtowns where I am only got ~1 inch, but I told my wife it was at least 3 inches ? )

Howsa!!

That's what he said all right.

+++++

And @josie who the hell is Dave?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
another day ... another terrible typing experience ...