The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

40 minutes ago, josie said:

Who's sticking their nose in my what now

SeveralBaggyKodiakbear-small.thumb.gif.e0c8f6c8162b0c663d53b8529a754ac3.gif

That kinda looks like my puppy but here's a progress report

Capture.JPG 

IMG_0825.jpg

8 week old when we picked her up and now the 12 week old at the Sunday walk in the park

Edited by jsb
Doggy info
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, jsb said:

Pretty sweet but do me a favor and quit biting your fingernails 

DwZgMXAX0AEILmc.jpg

oh for f's sake

picture's a couple years old (painted it on his bday in 2017). They're longer now, I promise. Now they crack and break and tear constantly on the aerial equipment I work with and I can't rock climb with them, but I grow them out because between strangers and Carter's dad, I'm so sick of hearing about it. I'm an anxious wreck and chewed my nails for pretty much all of my life. Now i just rip my hair out and tear my skin apart instead. People don't comment on it as much. Gotta make sure the damn nails are pretty. 

They were slightly longer than this picture and I went to get my first manicure ever. Owner of the salon made fun of me the entire time, tut-tutting at my hands and saying "no man will ever want you with hands like that". Then he stole the tip I gave to the non-english speaking terrified nail tech. 

Edited by josie
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That is 4 weeks growth?

What the heck are you feeding her?  She is going to be huge.  Very nice.

Purina Pro Plan puppy food, I am surprised she's growing so fast to since I haven't had a puppy in around 17 years. She's looks like she'll be a pretty bad @ss looking dog when fully grown.

4 minutes ago, josie said:

oh for f's sake

Being a former biter myself for much longer than you, they never fully recover unfortunately but I don't pretty them up either. So maybe that's good. If Carter's dad didn't consider you part of the family he wouldn't be on your butt about it, take that for what it's worth from an old grandpa. 

Okay folks, I need some advice.

I love Billy Joel. Probably a decade or so back, he was actually playing in good ol' Hershey, PA, so I bought my dad two tickets for his birthday (he loves him, too) fully intending to be his +1. My dad had recently started dating who is now my stepmom, so I let her go in my place, and they had a great time and raved about how wonderful the concert was. I figured I missed my one and only opportunity to see him.

A few weeks ago my mom (who lives in Phoenix) tells me Billy Joel is playing in Phoenix on March 9, says she's definitely going to go, and asks if I'm interested in joining her.

It's the same day as the Sabres are in town to play the Avs, and I already have a ticket to that game. But it's also the weekend after my mom's birthday. (Why, universe, do you torture me so????)

What should I do?

17 minutes ago, biodork said:

I love Billy Joel. Probably a decade or so back, he was actually playing in good ol' Hershey, PA, so I bought my dad two tickets for his birthday (he loves him, too) fully intending to be his +1. My dad had recently started dating who is now my stepmom, so I let her go in my place, and they had a great time and raved about how wonderful the concert was. I figured I missed my one and only opportunity to see him.

A few weeks ago my mom (who lives in Phoenix) tells me Billy Joel is playing in Phoenix on March 9, says she's definitely going to go, and asks if I'm interested in joining her.

It's the same day as the Sabres are in town to play the Avs, and I already have a ticket to that game. But it's also the weekend after my mom's birthday. (Why, universe, do you torture me so????)

What should I do?

Oof that is a tough one.  Saw Billy in Concert a couple years back in DC at the Ball Park... incredible show.. when is the last time you have been to a Sabres game?  I'd lean to Billy because the Sabres will be around next year... only so many more times Billy will be.... leaning Billy but not strongly my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, biodork said:

What should I do?

I will reserve comment on B.J., but you have to go with your mom.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Oof that is a tough one.  Saw Billy in Concert a couple years back in DC at the Ball Park... incredible show.. when is the last time you have been to a Sabres game?  I'd lean to Billy because the Sabres will be around next year... only so many more times Billy will be.... leaning Billy but not strongly my two cents.

Two years for the Sabres... I missed them last year after a last minute work trip came up. I don't have a good track record seeing them in person, but man that game last night... They could actually be fun to watch!

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I will reserve comment on B.J., but you have to go with your mom.

I thought I remembered you were no Billy Joel fan. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Seems like quite a few seen-Billy-Joel-multiple-times people replying.  Add me to the list.

From my perspective there are two reasons to choose the concert over the game. 1. A chance to go with Mom is always a good reason, and 2. Billy Joel is damned near a sure thing for getting your entertainment money’s worth.

• Like (+1) 2

Bio, you should go to the concert with your mama, then get on a plane, fly here, enjoy some bourbon with dark and I at some of the fancy places downtown I never have time/reason to go to, see as many games as you can in 3 days (beauts bandits sabres whatever else), then go back to Colorado, with me stowed securely in your carryon luggage (I'm bendy) and then set me free in the mountains. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, josie said:

Bio, you should go to the concert with your mama, then get on a plane, fly here, enjoy some bourbon with dark and I at some of the fancy places downtown I never have time/reason to go to, see as many games as you can in 3 days (beauts bandits sabres whatever else), then go back to Colorado, with me stowed securely in your carryon luggage (I'm bendy) and then set me free in the mountains. 

yes me too pls

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

What about option 3: pick a different Billy Joel show to take your mom to, & go to the Sabres Avs game?

(If too cost prohibitive, never mind.)

I looked to see if maybe he was headed to Denver on another date, but no dice... it's a fairly limited tour.

1 hour ago, josie said:

Love it!

1 hour ago, sabills said:

yes me too pls

24 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Box me up too. I'm ready to go back to the mountains.

I'm gonna need a bigger suitcase... ?