The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

23 minutes ago, sabills said:

I love this style

Yup.

23 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Extremely same.

I love Skinnies smile, which is perfectly depicted by Josie in her paining.  When you see Jeff you can't help but smile.  I am now just typing this post.  It really is infectious.  This dude would get ROR to smile.

We live about 10 minutes from this University campus.

Each morning and afternoon in the late fall through late spring we see the hundreds of crows flying by our house to and from their roost.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/this-halifax-neighborhood-is-known-for-a-murder-of-crows-bedford-basin-mount-saint-vincent-university/120618/

Simply amazing.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Murders of crows are the best three consecutive words in our language.

Sometimes I love the internet.

Fun fact 1: I never knew blue jays were in the same family as crows, ravens, and magpies. Makes sense.

Fun fact 2: other cool names of groups of animals-an ostentation of peacocks, a parliment of owls, a knot of frogs, and a skull of foxes.

• Like (+1) 1

There's a winter roost in Rochester that numbers in the 10's of thousands of birds (20?30?)..... crows. They can be quite a messy problem depending on where they sleep. As global warming changes weather, it also changes migrating animal patterns, and these "northern" roosts are a result of that. Used to be that crows would migrate by the millions to southern states (Oklahoma, Arkansas, etc.) to winter, but now they have learned that urban environments up north are a few degrees warmer than sleeping out in the sticks, and they don't need to migrate that far south to be warm enough to survive. Auburn, Troy, Rochester, and even Buffalo, have winter crow roosts......... 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/life-and-culture/erry-2018/11/329eb30fde7e4/feces-and-noise-11-upstate-ny.html

Edited by hsif

Just had a childhood flashback....

Me and Joey, my next door neighbor(upNorth next door) had too much knowledge to be constrained.

His Pop died young so Mom bought him whatever he wanted, a junior SkiDoo. 

It had a governor on the carb so it was a little lame. We got ourselves a spray bottle full of gas and built some big ass jumps. He steered and I sat behind. At the right time, when I saw the throttle was wide open and we were lined up true, I blasted that extra gas into the intake and.... BOOM!

?

It was all Joey’s fault. He was a bad kid.?

Edited by Ogre
No edit really. I’d have gone with Joey and I but... sorta admitting fault?
  • Like (+1) 1

Since the Friday thread is closed ...

Another week ... 13 now.

Also, nfreeman ... you and your handsome son must realize that that phone number situation is a trap, eh?  

I'm kidding sort of, because one does hear stories, but things happen on vacations that are out of the ordinary at home.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You have just got to be more willing to stick your nose in there, even if it doesn't belong in there.

Just remember, don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Just now, WildCard said:

There's nothing I hate more than Hollywood award shows

I never understood the appeal.

• Thanks (+1) 1