The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 12/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, josie said:

Fairly normal for a departed head of state. I remember reading stories about these sorts of tours in older days going awry when the dearly departed began to decompose despite the highest technological marvel of the time, refrigeration cars/ice boxes, doing their best to delay such events... Lots of flowers and a hope for cool weather. 

It'll be interesting to see what Jimmy Carter has planned for himself. I'd be willing to bet he'll have a simple funeral in Plains, Georgia and call it a day.

So my mom who is 82 needed bypass surgery. She's still in ICU but is on the mend.  Surgery was at Gates Vascular Institute and parking garage is across from the Anchor Bar, so I finally went there for wings for the first time.

47679783_1940085009373713_69105330971465

47574480_1940084949373719_67874360015485l grew up in Buffalo but never managed to get there until today.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So my mom who is 82 needed bypass surgery. She's still in ICU but is on the mend.  Surgery was at Gates Vascular Institute and parking garage is across from the Anchor Bar, so I finally went there for wings for the first time.

Glad it seems to have gone well for your mum.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Glad it seems to have gone well for your mum.

Thank you. She went in for a minor procedure last week and they ended up finding a blockage in the "widow maker" artery. It appears they caught it in time. I came home to see her in case the worst happened.  I'll be traveling back to Texas tomorrow.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Thank you. She went in for a minor procedure last week and they ended up finding a blockage in the "widow maker" artery. It appears they caught it in time. I came home to see her in case the worst happened.  I'll be traveling back to Texas tomorrow.

I was wondering why you have been MIA for the past few days.  I didn't see anything ban worthy.

Still will keep you and your family, especially mum, in my thoughts and prayers.  Safe travels.

• Like (+1) 2

So I'm in the white castle near the Apollo theater, and it's in a not so good area, a guy is taking too long in the bathroom, this other guy (who has 3 kids with him) starts kicking the door and being loud and absurd. Other guy comes out and next thing ya know is a brawl happening in white castle, 3rd guy comes in, cheap shots. I grab my friend and toss her behind me. I got my hat knocked off in the scuffle before it got even more brawl-like. Eventually they made their way outside and the police were rushing in. 

Kinda fun, in a weird way, also how the F are you gonna act like that with you damn kids there, dude needs to be educated 

35 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So I'm in the white castle near the Apollo theater, and it's in a not so good area, a guy is taking too long in the bathroom, this other guy (who has 3 kids with him) starts kicking the door and being loud and absurd. Other guy comes out and next thing ya know is a brawl happening in white castle, 3rd guy comes in, cheap shots. I grab my friend and toss her behind me. I got my hat knocked off in the scuffle before it got even more brawl-like. Eventually they made their way outside and the police were rushing in. 

Kinda fun, in a weird way, also how the F are you gonna act like that with you damn kids there, dude needs to be educated 

That’s Jersey for ya. 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

And this is only the second-most deleterious to your health aspect of being in a White Castle.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Paging Kevin Collins.... Kevin Collins, white courtesy phone...