The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

30 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sorry, Josie.

My apologies.  I really need to be more careful with what I say and how I say it.

I don't have a problem with young hipsters.  I considered myself to be very hip back in the day.  I was listening to The Clash before it became hip.

My only real problem is that our Prime Minister makes himself out to be a hipster, my guess in an effort to gain support from the youth of Canada.  The issue is that this has become his reputation and it is a big issue when he is on the world stage where diplomacy and statespersonship is required.  He comes across as everything but that.

Sorry too, I was having a super terrible no good awful very bad day yesterday and was alternating between homicide and suicide pretty much all day. It was bad. I just signed off social media for awhile and worked till 3 am.

As far as Trudeau, I have a lot of issues with the guy, but he kinda is a bona fide hipster. I mean, he was a snowboarding instructor in Whistler in the 90s, rockin' that flow. Doesn't really get much more "hip" than that in 90s cred haha Silver spoon in mouth and world leader status aside, he's definitely more "hip" than most of the people signing the big documents right now. And maybe it's because we've got the reality star golden plated toilet man in our highest office but, he never struck me as flippant or immature overall. Never stuck out to me. But this veers dangerously close to politics, so I'll stop there haha 

--

3 hours of sleep means you do dumb things like drive with your windows down in 24 degree weather because they're frosted up and you're late for a meeting. It also means that the plant you rescued from your coworker that you lovingly took care of and brought back to life will go for a tumble in your car during your lowered window winter frenzied drive to work, covering your usually spotless car in dirt and smashing most of said plant to pieces. 

This week needs to end. It's only Wednesday, you say? *****. 

18 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Because everything is expensive trash?

Say it with me: Planned obsolescence! Hoorayy!!!!

18 minutes ago, josie said:

Sorry too, I was having a super terrible no good awful very bad day yesterday and was alternating between homicide and suicide pretty much all day. It was bad. I just signed off social media for awhile and worked till 3 am.

As far as Trudeau, I have a lot of issues with the guy, but he kinda is a bona fide hipster. I mean, he was a snowboarding instructor in Whistler in the 90s, rockin' that flow. Doesn't really get much more "hip" than that in 90s cred haha Silver spoon in mouth and world leader status aside, he's definitely more "hip" than most of the people signing the big documents right now. And maybe it's because we've got the reality star golden plated toilet man in our highest office but, he never struck me as flippant or immature overall. Never stuck out to me. But this veers dangerously close to politics, so I'll stop there haha 

--

3 hours of sleep means you do dumb things like drive with your windows down in 24 degree weather because they're frosted up and you're late for a meeting. It also means that the plant you rescued from your coworker that you lovingly took care of and brought back to life will go for a tumble in your car during your lowered window winter frenzied drive to work, covering your usually spotless car in dirt and smashing most of said plant to pieces. 

This week needs to end. It's only Wednesday, you say? *****. 

Say it with me: Planned obsolescence! Hoorayy!!!!

I hear you. 

Sorry for the difficulties that you are facing at the moment.  This too shall pass, I hope.  Life ... it's not always easy, but it's the only one we get.

I agree that Justin was very hip, but he should have set some of that aside when he decided that he wanted to be Prime Minister.  His father was very hip and it seemed to work very well, at least initially, when he became PM.  That was a different time, though.

Thursday is coming and I promise to rattle every cage in an effort to have the Complaint thread ready for you and everyone else.

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would go as far as putting out a cardboard box with a hole in it for a little cat house. 

Our neighbourhood (well many of us did) took care of a beautiful stray cat for 20+ years.

He had a heated hut that was lined with blankets and straw.  He ate very well.  He had a great life.  Better than some people, sadly.  He passed away late October.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
missing words and letters ...
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Cat Caveat: I own several murderous beasts. And my dogs really want this little guy. Like, bad!

I love it- I have a mental image of your dogs going bonkers at the door/window and the cat just looking at them and going "nahhh" and stretching out and going to sleep. Such a cat thing to do. 

54 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would go as far as putting out a cardboard box with a hole in it for a little cat house. 

Carter loves his kitties. 

Why, I remember when I was informed that Bubs needed a home or it was end of the line (behavior problems, multiple owners, issues) and he was like "well, I don't really like cats, I'm sort of allergic, and if he's a total piece of crap, we're putting him down". They are inseparable. I've never seen a man love a creature so much. It's the best. 

giphy.gif

Edited by josie
  • Like (+1) 1

As a mtg player and one that loves the art of the game, I found the below article fascinating. I know nothing about art but getting a peak behind the curtain of how it is commissioned is cool

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/ultimate-masters-art-descriptions-2018-12-04

Edited by drnkirishone

Maybe this belongs in Music, but:

I'm listening to At Folsom Prison (the 1999? version with a lot of chatter between songs). Twice, someone comes on and announces names that have to be somewhere (One inmate is "Batshelter", awesome name). How much would it suck to be in prison, listening to Johnny Cash live, and have to leave?

Edited by MattPie

This is actually a pretty funny story so I'll share it. I responded to a Risto post from a Leafs fan in a Dahlin thread on the mainboards. A leafs fan with a name that has no obvious connections to Yuri, which I vaguely remembered reading in the Bills thread on the Sabres' board over there. I disagreed with him, and in his response, he said "hope you're well Flagg" which could have been just random stranger politeness, but it read like more than that.

But looking at his post history, he's a Leafs fan.

But then his posts were referencing how he used to be a Sabres fan.

Then he signed -Yuri, so I had to ask if I knew him, cuz maybe he remembered me. He said yes in a way that would have confused a different Randall Flagg, but the one from Sabrespace would understand. 
He's a LEAFS fan now. A LEAFS fan. Because he likes Marner and hated how the Sabres fans rooted for the tank, from the looks of it. Get a load of this from his post history: 
"I jumped off the Sabres ship when the fans started cheering for the other teams goals, during the tank.
I fought against the tidal wave of fans wanting to lose, and the media wanting to lose, arguing, Buffalo could try their best and still get Marner.
It was a lost cause. The Sabres fans were a lost cause. Fighting with the media was a lost cause. So I followed Marner to the Leafs.

And it felt so good when Mathews scored the winner to hear the Leafs fans go wild in that building. It sounded so good, in that building, when Marner dished that spinning backhand sauce to Tavares - OOOOOOH, AHHHHHH, YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! What a game!

I almost want the Sabres to be good enough for the Leafs to beat them extra times in the playoffs."

Blow Leafs Blow, Yuri! I hope they bring you decades of suffering!!

It was fun to come across him. He's a dirty traitor, but I'll always love the guy. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Can they let George H.W. Bush rest? I heard this morning he'll be on a train today to his final resting place. I don't know if it's been "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" or "Weekend at Bernie's" since he died.

Fairly normal for a departed head of state. I remember reading stories about these sorts of tours in older days going awry when the dearly departed began to decompose despite the highest technological marvel of the time, refrigeration cars/ice boxes, doing their best to delay such events... Lots of flowers and a hope for cool weather. 

-- 

Oh Yuri. That's disappointing. I can understand ditching a franchise after all of that and finding your hockey somewhere else (especially as a dual team lover like myself), but to be that all-in on a new team that quickly... is this the sports version of rebounding post breakup? Doesn't matter in the long run, hope he's doing well (I know you still lurk here, you poetic soul).