The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Man I had to read this back through. I actually thought you were talking about her bewbs.  Am I the only idiot? 

I was gonna mention how they seem to get in the way because of the close qaurters invloved but carry on.  

Do people normally refer to false teeth as implants?  Maybe it's the norm and I'm just a prevert. 

Am I the only person who abstains from the word sucker when referring to lollipops?

I saw your teary quick response thingie and I don't like to see my Inky sad ...

I did not mean ... yes, you are an idiot, but yes to the other part.

And lollipops are for kids.  Suckers are for adults.  So, I do think that you are the only abstainer.

Ridiculous amounts of trick or treaters did *not* come by tonight. I bought as much candy as I typically did at our old house, and still have most of it.

What the new neighborhood lacks in quantity, they made up for in quality. Good costumes, and many of the groups were whole families where the parents took their kids around and wore costumes too.

And every single one of them was polite.

Best costumes tonight were the little boy dressed as Buzz Lightyear, with mom dressed as Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl. Second best was the roller derby girl that was actually on roller skates.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Ridiculous amounts of trick or treaters did *not* come by tonight. I bought as much candy as I typically did at our old house, and still have most of it.

What the new neighborhood lacks in quantity, they made up for in quality. Good costumes, and many of the groups were whole families where the parents took their kids around and wore costumes too.

Best costumes tonight were the little boy dressed as Buzz Lightyear, with mom dressed as Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl. Second best was the roller derby girl that was actually on roller skates.

23 Halloweens at present location.  Still holding at 0 trick or treaters.  We buy A bag of candy, just in case.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You can donate your excess candy here:

Mr. Kelvin Benjamin

One Bills Drive

Orchard Park, New York 14127

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Took my daughter out tonight, first Halloween in the new neighborhood.  Was highly disappointed at the percentage of those who chose not to participate.  But the houses who did knew what was up, and threw as much candy as they could at the kid.  Literally spent five minutes at a house where the woman with the candy bowl kept telling kiddo “oh take another one”. Kid still made out with a full bag.  

• Like (+1) 1

When we first moved into our current neighborhood Halloween was a zoo.  We’re “in town” but on the edge of a rural area.  We used to get car loads of kids coming in from the surrounding areas.  And it used to annoy me quite a bit.  I didn’t mind giving candy out to the neighbors, I did mind half the county coming door to door though.  About 6-7 years ago houses began keeping their porch light off on Halloween night.  Yesterday maybe 1/4 of the houses on the street participated.  And now its just neighborhood kids coming around.

We got maybe 30 kids last night.

There's nothing worse than the couple pushing around their infant son and still taking candy from each house.  Even better, they didn't have anything even remotely resembling a costume on that kid.  I don't really care since I need to get as much of that candy out of my house as possible, but that's an incredibly tacky move.

My family spent Halloween scaring the ***** out of people for 3 hours. It was nice. I used to get mildly upset by people not wearing costumes, or not saying thank you. Now I just scare them out of their skin. It's hilarious when they drop their bag of candy as they run over all the people they came with trying to get away.

I grew up at the end of a cul de sac- no one else except my parents gave out candy on that street. So my mom always got a few boxes of king sized candy bars from Sams or wherever to make it worth the kids' while to march all the way down to us. She was kinda sad last night- not a lot of kids. I look forward to setting up some crazy little halloween spectacular for trick or treaters someday. 

7 minutes ago, ubkev said:

My family spent Halloween scaring the ***** out of people for 3 hours. It was nice. I used to get mildly upset by people not wearing costumes, or not saying thank you. Now I just scare them out of their skin. It's hilarious when they drop their bag of candy as they run over all the people they came with trying to get away.

One of my neighbors was joking around about how he needed to keep on scaring people after he and his daughter left our house.  At that moment, I looked around and saw nothing but toddlers and thought "please no".  He's not the type to even consider trying to scare them, but still, the thought of a bunch of toddlers screaming all while in my front yard was a little too much for me.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

"Trunk or Treat" events in a church parking lot seem to have taken over here.

Yeah, my hometown has succeeded in scaring everyone into thinking door to door is bad and dangerous, and it's gotten really really churchy, so they all go to their chosen Megachurch and trick or treat safely in Jesus' name amen. 

I mean, they get to stay warm and dry, so I get it but... aw. I always loved the door to door. Except when it was bloody cold. And the year my dad had me on his shoulders and accidentally slammed my head into the top of someone's porch... 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh, that's all?  How very disappointing.

He's fat in a Phil Kessel type of way.  A little larger than most at his position, so there are a few internet jokes about him.  Certainly in better shape than most people though.

We do the trick, or treat, thing.  Many Muslims do not, as it is the teaching that we should not participate due to the history surrounding the festival.

My wife and being reasonable Muslims feel, as do some others, that it has been so long since the Catholic Church stole the festival from the Irish pegan Celts and that it has been stolen long ago by kids having fun that our participation will not undermine our chances of getting into Heaven.  Allah knows best.

We had the most trick, or treaters, ever.  23 kids and 1 20(ish) girl out for a walk that somewhat reluctantly took the last of our treats.

Our street has transformed a lot in the last few years from no kids to 13 very young (4 and under) kids.  So, they all came out, except 1, who is a bit over 1 year old.  That family did participate in giving out candy and in decorating.

I like when parents dress up with their kids and go around.

Our first customers were the family next door ... I have mentioned them here before and described them as 'The Jonses' ... the parents are dressed up with their kids.  I think nice.  He is dressed up as a bottle of Heinz Ketchup and I can't figure out what she is (the parents).  My friend and neighbour says that she is a hot dog.  OK.

So, at first I think 'oh, that's cute.  a hot dog and ketchup'.  A bit later I think ... 'well, that's kinda rude'.

Anyone else with me on that rudeness thought?

Maybe I have been hanging around with Inky to much for too long?

Edited by N S
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, josie said:

Yeah, my hometown has succeeded in scaring everyone into thinking door to door is bad and dangerous, and it's gotten really really churchy, so they all go to their chosen Megachurch and trick or treat safely in Jesus' name amen. 

I mean, they get to stay warm and dry, so I get it but... aw. I always loved the door to door. Except when it was bloody cold. And the year my dad had me on his shoulders and accidentally slammed my head into the top of someone's porch... 

2010 was my first year taking my kid trick or treating around here and people kept telling the kids to come inside their houses. Wtf? Freak show! "Hey, lady, just give out the candy on the front porch like a normal person, ok. Lord knows what kind of torture, pedophile dungeon you and your husband have rigged up in the basement!" - was my first thought and then... actually, it's still my only thought and attempts by my coworkers to convince me that this is normal behavior will not sway me.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

"Trunk or Treat" events in a church parking lot seem to have taken over here.

They're popular here too, but our old neighborhood was near several apartment complexes so people would carpool their kids into our neighborhood.  From about 6:30 to 9 it would be non-stop, there'd be cars parked up and down the street as well as snaking through, and I had no trouble going through 3 Costco bags of candy.  This year in the new neighborhood, it's much more single family with no apartments nearby, so it really was just the locals, which was nice, but I've still got nearly 2 Costco bags of candy left.  It was also pleasant that traffic was not ridiculous.

IT was light last night at my house, probably 150-200 kids rather than the 300+ in years past. Strange too, because it was a gorgeous night. Maybe one of the newer developments are syphoning off the commuters. I dig it, take a couple beers out to the driveway and give out candy for 2 hours. There are rules in my town that it's only from 6-8, and since it's constant we don't bother with answering the door. Oh, and play this album on my phone the whole time: