The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I am calling BS on detergent bottles that say, "133 loads!" 133? Really? If I get 15 I'm lucky. I probably use too much, but on that order of magnitude?

The softball is lobbed, my friends.

I'm gonna let that cookie go past.

How in the sam hell do you only get 15 loads out of a laundry detergent bottle? How does the soap ever come out of your clothes if you're using that much?

59 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I am calling BS on detergent bottles that say, "133 loads!" 133? Really? If I get 15 I'm lucky. I probably use too much, but on that order of magnitude?

Either you need to cut your detergent use back or your washing machine is the size of a dump truck. 

The Past is dead, and has no resurrection; but the Future is endowed with such a life, that it lives to us even in anticipation. The Past is, in many things, the foe of mankind; the Future is, in all things, our friend. In the Past is no hope; The Future is both hope and fruition. The Past is the text-book of tyrants; the Future is the Bible of the Free. Those who are solely governed by the Past stand like Lot's wife, crystallized in the act of looking backward, and forever incapable of looking before.

-Herman Melville

I can't believe there is a thing called the hot water challenge. Since details have been pretty unclear as to anyone actually doing it outside of a "friend" doing it to another while sleeping, whether or not this is just fake news and the scare tactics of our media, I sincerely worry about humanity. Why is something this stupid in the news. 

8 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'm gonna let that cookie go past.

How in the sam hell do you only get 15 loads out of a laundry detergent bottle? How does the soap ever come out of your clothes if you're using that much?

I might be exaggerating, but not much. Number one, I buy the cheap stuff (not the reallllly cheap stuff, I think it's called Extra. Number two, I don't see how it's possible to get 133 loads out of one jug. 133/200 ounces=1.5 ounces per load. That's three tablespoons. Number three, I just kind of dump it in until my arm gets tired.

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I might be exaggerating, but not much. Number one, I buy the cheap stuff (not the reallllly cheap stuff, I think it's called Extra. Number two, I don't see how it's possible to get 133 loads out of one jug. 133/200 ounces=1.5 ounces per load. That's three tablespoons. Number three, I just kind of dump it in until my arm gets tired.

I’m crawling out of the woodwork for this one. I’m inspired all a sudden.

1. You’re paying Extra for the cheap brand.

2. I like your math. Expose their lies.

3. That was my method until I went crazy on BJs coupons. I always hated the measuring cup. I know how much I need. Who the #### wants to rinse a damn cup every time?  The BJs jug is too big for that. I have a goal of mounting a shelf above the washer with a hose and clamp to dump at will. 

Someday.

Edited by Ogre
I forgot about the censor change.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He was a regular round these parts back in the good ol' post lockout days.  Weeeellll before your migration over to this board.

Sure was.  Great poster.

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

The Past is dead, and has no resurrection; but the Future is endowed with such a life, that it lives to us even in anticipation. The Past is, in many things, the foe of mankind; the Future is, in all things, our friend. In the Past is no hope; The Future is both hope and fruition. The Past is the text-book of tyrants; the Future is the Bible of the Free. Those who are solely governed by the Past stand like Lot's wife, crystallized in the act of looking backward, and forever incapable of looking before.

-Herman Melville

Call me Ishmael.

--Herman Melville

11 hours ago, Weave said:

Am I the only one who can't figure out who fushetti is?

He is the only SabreSpacer I've had offline contact with (phone only). He called me on Mother's Day 1998 to tell me he had just seen John Gurtler at church in Lackawanna (maybe Cheektowaga, I get those two confused). Matt Barnaby proceeded to score a hat trick at home as the Sabres took a stranglehold on their second round series with the Habs. I've always felt the two events were somehow connected.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, inkman said:

I can't believe there is a thing called the hot water challenge. Since details have been pretty unclear as to anyone actually doing it outside of a "friend" doing it to another while sleeping, whether or not this is just fake news and the scare tactics of our media, I sincerely worry about humanity. Why is something this stupid in the news. 

I'm pretty sure people just think up these things randomly just to see if someone is stupid enough to try it.  Someone with an overactive imagination pieces something together and it floats around on the internet for a while until someone gets bored.  It's kind of like the mind-boggling physics you'll find if you search through random urban dictionary entries.

On another note, I'm planning on getting my car inspected on friday, but then the check engine light turned on this morning.  I can't tell if this is good timing or not.

14 hours ago, spndnchz said:

-Herman Melville

There were never any good old days; they are today, they are tomorrow. It's a stupid thing we say, cursing tomorrow with sorrow.

- Eugene Hütz

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I love Moby Dick.

My wife can't stand that book, but it seems alive to me; the language doesn't feel archaic at all.

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's in my all-time bottom five. 

I tried to read it. I really tried. I almost got through it.

Interestingly (?), I follow a Twitter account that just spits out random passages from the book. And I frickin' LOVE it. It's amazing.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He is the only SabreSpacer I've had offline contact with (phone only). He called me on Mother's Day 1998 to tell me he had just seen John Gurtler at church in Lackawanna (maybe Cheektowaga, I get those two confused). Matt Barnaby proceeded to score a hat trick at home as the Sabres took a stranglehold on their second round series with the Habs. I've always felt the two events were somehow connected.

You probably consider this a throwaway, but this, to me, is one of the 20 greatest posts I've ever read here. So great.

Edited by That Aud Smell

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I tried to read it. I really tried. I almost got through it.

Interestingly (?), I follow a Twitter account that just spits out random passages from the book. And I frickin' LOVE it. It's amazing.

Are you sure it was a twitter account or were you just watching the Wrath of Khan again?

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, PASabreFan said:

14 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’m crawling out of the woodwork for this one. I’m inspired all a sudden.

1. You’re paying Extra for the cheap brand.

2. I like your math. Expose their lies.

3. That was my method until I went crazy on BJs coupons. I always hated the measuring cup. I know how much I need. Who the #### wants to rinse a damn cup every time?  The BJs jug is too big for that. I have a goal of mounting a shelf above the washer with a hose and clamp to dump at will. 

Someday.

Just pour the detergent into the cap of the bottle, dump the cap into the washer, and put the cap back on the jug. There's no need to rinse it out, the remnants will drip back into the jug. Problem solved.

15 hours ago, Weave said:

Am I the only one who can't figure out who fushetti is?

No.  Must be before our time.

+++++

That call with the IRS went well enough.  Not as easy a fix as I proposed, but still better than jail time.

Have a meeting this afternoon with my client to finish up the fix.

Edited by N S
THE AUTO CORRECT IS MALFUNCTIONING ...