OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

Had a chip in my windshield- it's been there for about 2 years now. On my way to dress rehearsal Sat night, it cracked all the way across. 

it's 11 on Monday and my insurance STILL can't reach anyone to get the damn thing fixed. 

love you too, winter. you b@stard. 

It snowed a little here yesterday, but nothing stuck. It's above freezing and just stopped raining. This is what most of winter here is; I'd rather have the snow.

I'm about 2 hours north of you. We got snow that stuck last night. About 2 inches. It'll be gone in less than a week. Makes me sad. I miss 10 foot snow banks on either side of my driveway and being able to dig snow tunnels through the yard. My kid will never get to experience this. Gosh darn global warming.

Where do you live?

Laguna Hills, CA

I've been out here for almost 20 years now.    I visited Buffalo last Christmas, and I found the cold and wet almost unbearable... much worse than I remembered.

I feel like your body adjusts to the climate you live in after some time... I'm definitely more sensitive to the cold than I was when I lived in Buffalo.

Laguna Hills, CA

I've been out here for almost 20 years now.    I visited Buffalo last Christmas, and I found the cold and wet almost unbearable... much worse than I remembered.

I feel like your body adjusts to the climate you live in after some time... I'm definitely more sensitive to the cold than I was when I lived in Buffalo.

Nice! If I had your weather I probably wouldn't miss the cold as much either. 

Like I said, it gets old. We don't get below 70° for between 22-26 straight weeks, and it's gotten to the point where I can't even open the door/windows in December. It's currently 85° outside. 

It seems like you have one season.............. NICE season, lol. 

I have to say I LOVE my new SUV. Auto start, turns on the heated seat, de-ices the windows, sets temp based on external temperature...

I need a push button man. lol

You mean you don't have to run outside ahead of time and turn on the car and set the defrosters? What is this the Jetsons?!

Serves me right for insisting on owning my car by buying older model vehicles.

You mean you don't have to run outside ahead of time and turn on the car and set the defrosters? What is this the Jetsons?!

Serves me right for insisting on owning my car by buying older model vehicles.

Ughh had my share of those. I like a car that starts every morning or night. The stress i don't have is worth it. I just take the money I save on the monthly payment and save it towards the down payment on the next lease. Most I need to spend on upkeep is a set of wiper blades. ;)

Ughh had my share of those. I like a car that starts every morning or night. The stress i don't have is worth it. I just take the money I save on the monthly payment and save it towards the down payment on the next lease. Most I need to spend on upkeep is a set of wiper blades. ;)

My wife at least has the remote starter. The difference between my morning routine in the winter and hers is as drastic as it gets. I'm outside for 20 mins this morning while she is inside until the second she has to leave for work.

I'm obviously doing it wrong. :wallbash:

I'm going back out for another round of plowing and shoveling. The cold snowy thing touches the pocket book the way warm/heat can never come close to.

Oh, sorry. You said "nice fluffy white stuff fall[ing] from the sky" and I just assumed.

That went right over the top of my head.

Now its funny! :w00t:

My drive home tonight might have been the worst I've ever experienced. I like driving in the snow. I like the challenge. But Amherst to Elma was a slog. It was me and the ten feet of unplowed road in front of me. My car's little 4-pot diesel couldn't stay warm enough to keep my windshield from icing every time I turned south. I stopped numerous times. I've never had to do that.

I'll be glad to get rid of this VW on Saturday. I need a real car with a real engine for the kind of winter driving I like to do. I have the Matt Ellis of cars.