OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

It's been unsettled (the weather). It's hump day in a pandemic, so there's no way the good ole National Weather Service would be trying to pump up the masses with a glorious weekend forecast. Nah, that never happens.

My Saturday forecast: Sunny.

Let's see what happens.

Not supposed to have power until Sunday. Seeing the damage around here, I think that’s optimistic.

On a side note, what the hell are people running while on generator. I have a 1800/2200 watt generator that powers my modem/router, fridge, deep freeze, tv, and a bunch of lights And chargers, and it barely runs above idle. One gallon of gas just lasted me over eight hours.

I can’t imagine how much fuel these people are rippin through with their 3, 5, even 8k watt gennys running at full throttle.

Edited by SwampD

On 8/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, PASabreFan said:

It's been unsettled (the weather). It's hump day in a pandemic, so there's no way the good ole National Weather Service would be trying to pump up the masses with a glorious weekend forecast. Nah, that never happens.

My Saturday forecast: Sunny.

Let's see what happens.

New forecast? Partly sunny, 20% chance of showers. It begins.

But Sunday's still a solid "Sunny"!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There's an apocalyptic snow storm hitting the Poconos right now(it never snows here.) We were at 10 inches ten minutes ago and it'll be a foot before I'm done typing this. No letting up in sight! My home mountain opens tomorrow morning and it's gonna be an all timer.

We were supposed to get about 7 to 12 and now it's looking more like 2 feet. No warm temperatures on the horizon. This will be my first white Christmas in 10 years! 

7 minutes ago, ubkev said:

There's an apocalyptic snow storm hitting the Poconos right now(it never snows here.) We were at 10 inches ten minutes ago and it'll be a foot before I'm done typing this. No letting up in sight! My home mountain opens tomorrow morning and it's gonna be an all timer.

We were supposed to get about 7 to 12 and now it's looking more like 2 feet. No warm temperatures on the horizon. This will be my first white Christmas in 10 years! 

I just got in from riding a snow machine for the first time. It's my nephews and he keeps them at my house because he just moved into a new apartment. Apparently, during a snow emergency in NJ, it's legal to drive them on the roads. What a ***** blast! I will be putting some miles on these these things this winter.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

This has been the best winter in at least 5 years(Poconos.) 19/20 was below average. 18/19 had one storm. 17/18 had one storm. 16/17 was bad until a 3.5 foot storm buried us in March. There might have been 5" of snow all winter in 15/16, terrible! Worst winter in recent memory. And 14/15 was a banger.

More snow on the way tomorrow and early next week. Keep it coming please. Praise Ullr. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

This has been the best winter in at least 5 years(Poconos.) 19/20 was below average. 18/19 had one storm. 17/18 had one storm. 16/17 was bad until a 3.5 foot storm buried us in March. There might have been 5" of snow all winter in 15/16, terrible! Worst winter in recent memory. And 14/15 was a banger.

More snow on the way tomorrow and early next week. Keep it coming please. Praise Ullr. 

Freaking skiers...

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

I don’t have a snowblower. I have personally shoveled 30+ inches already. I’m all in on this winter.

I agree. Keep it coming.