OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

May 9th,… in New Jersey,… it snowed today.

Don't know what it means. Just saying.

I think we tied a record today.

Snowed here too.  I see the 7 day forecast shows we might see April this coming week.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This storm system hit us about 2 am.  For us it was just heavy rain and lighting.  When this hail was formed it was earlier and the storm was still "fresh."

We had golf ball sized hail here about 3 weeks ago.  The hail hitting the roof was deafening.  I told my wife that everything was fine.  When she nodded and walked away I panicked my ass off.  I can't imagine a softball sized hail hitting the roof.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:15 AM, Tondas said:

We had golf ball sized hail here about 3 weeks ago.  The hail hitting the roof was deafening.  I told my wife that everything was fine.  When she nodded and walked away I panicked my ass off.  I can't imagine a softball sized hail hitting the roof.

I think I put that think more at bowling ball size.  Holy cow.

On 5/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, Doohickie said:

Everything's bigger in Texas

49927850272_d35eaac185_c.jpg

Reason 1,000,347 am glad that we aren't in that state anymore.  The golfball sized hail we saw a few times was more than enough.  That right there is what you get with an "angry God."  Assuming nobody got killed thankfully.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwampD said:

101 degrees in Jersey today and the power has been out for sometime now.

Use number 2 for those Hello Fresh ice packs.

29A8F242-92F4-4768-9F58-8F6814DE3031.jpeg

The garage cannot be the coolest place in your lot to put that, is it?

1 minute ago, Weave said:

The garage cannot be the coolest place in your lot to put that, is it?

It sits under a huge oak in the shade, so it kinda is. Bugs also factor into it and there are screens at either end, so, not only is there a good cross breeze, but it’s completely bugless.

Plus, when the power comes back on, there’s a fan, WiFi, tv in surround, my bass (wireless so I don’t have to worry about electrocuting myself in the pool), beer fridge,... I should probably stop...

23 hours ago, SwampD said:

It sits under a huge oak in the shade, so it kinda is. Bugs also factor into it and there are screens at either end, so, not only is there a good cross breeze, but it’s completely bugless.

Plus, when the power comes back on, there’s a fan, WiFi, tv in surround, my bass (wireless so I don’t have to worry about electrocuting myself in the pool), beer fridge,... I should probably stop...

Ummm, isn't a beer fridge without any electric sort of a glorified cooler w/out any ice?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Welp, looks like I’m on a generator for a couple of days.

Funny thing is it wasn’t even the worst part of my day.

image.thumb.jpeg.8cb12768c29006bc25d55da5ab322f4b.jpeg

image.jpeg

All I could think while they were laying out the tools was, “Is it safe?l

Thats a helluva lot worse than me being in a lake house for 3 days because it wouldn’t stop raining....