OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

Oops, there it is. I mean, there it goes. The sunny day, I mean. The NWS forecaster who let this slip into the forecast discussion will surely be hunted down by the government and summarily executed.

The challenge for
the forecast today is this cloud band and just how
thick/stubborn it will be. The previously-promised mostly sunny
day is in jeopardy.

• 1 month later...

So 6 inches of snow here, had to go 36 miles from a funeral in Long Island to Northern Westchester... 95 haD At least 10 jackknifed tractor trailers.  Left at 3:30pm, got home at 10pm... Then back to New Rochelle for my shift, about 20 miles.  Took only 45 minutes... What a cluster....  If only people and trucks either knew how to drive in the stuff or stayed the hell off the roads.  Idiots.

Our first taste and like many late Fall storms we are going to get some of everything ...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/nova-scotia/bedford?wx_auto_reload=

https://weather.gc.ca/forecast/hourly/ns-19_metric_e.html

Just a few flakes here at 6:45 AM (AST ... real time).

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Seven inches of heart attack snow in northern PA. It was hand to hand combat to clean off the car.

16-18 inches here.  Had 450' of driveway cleared in under 3 hours.   Were it that much of the fluffy stuff or about 10-12 inches less could have been done in 30-45 minutes.  Oh, well.  Good excuse to get out of a meeting.

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

16-18 inches here.  Had 450' of driveway cleared in under 3 hours.   Were it that much of the fluffy stuff or about 10-12 inches less could have been done in 30-45 minutes.  Oh, well.  Good excuse to get out of a meeting.

You must be in the Southtowns snow belt.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You must be in the Southtowns snow belt.

Nope.  Actually not too far from Inky.  Grew up in the snowbelt, though.

Usually end up with relatively light snowfalls compared to the surrounding areas.  Just got "lucky" this time, I guess.

Edited by Taro T

Meh. 

Probably 16” here in Bristol Mtn country. I’m on a little vacation so it was all good. Snow too deep for the 4wheeler. Broke the winch cable for the plow so I switched over to the Kubota. Tractor and bucket isn’t the premier way to get the job done but got the wife out of the driveway by 9 am. Still had some repairs and a whole lot of real estate to clear so I cracked a beer. 9:30am. 

Several beers later the work was finished. Hot tub got filled with the purest water I have access to(snow). Don’t worry. It heats back up fast enough.

Opened a bottle of Chianti around 5 and crawled in the tub. Just crawled out. Renewed. Steaming some crab for dinner.  

If the boys on the ice could just channel my mojo right now....on second thought....that may not be the best idea. 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Pfffft...warmer than it is here. And not snowflake in sight! It's as cold as a well diggers ass and I can't get any darn snow! If mother nature is gonna provide me with cold, she can at least make it pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I know why duda and Bun have not been around today, as they are both on the Island ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-windstorm-overnight-1.4955514

Stay safe guys and report in if / when you are able.

Also, Rickshaw is out in BC, but Kelowna may be safer (the interior).

18" of snow crippled us about a week and a half ago. This isn't an area that can't handle it, just a major inconvenience. Problem is, almost all of western NC has seen record (or near) rainfall this year. Any more precip is bad. Now that it's cold out, any new rain hurts because it doesn't evaporate. Anyways, after 2" in the last two days, 98% humidity and mist has frozen over everything just a couple hundred feet higher than me. Makes for a cool photo but very eery. 

With all this rain, they're calling for a serious case of black ice overnight. But figured I'd add this pic because I think it's cool. Maybe not to others, but it was cool if you were there. Eery and cool at the same time. Mid 30's and close to 100% humidity. 

I'd post another pic from the Ingles lot where the "smoke" 100% completely blocked the entire mountain line, but I can't find a clear day to make it worthwhile to those who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, lol. 

20181221_171043.jpg