OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

19 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I don't.  Not since I started riding my bicycle; I feel like if I can ride in the heat, I can drive in the heat.

Do you drive like Ace Ventura with your head sticking out the window? Because if not, you're at least feeling the breeze when you ride a bike. I had my previous car for 15 years. I would have kept it for even longer but the AC died and I traded it in that very weekend. I can deal with lots of stuff but not having AC will never be one of them. Life's too shot to be that uncomfortable. Being in a hot humid environment with no relief makes me stabby (to loosely steal a quote from inkman, we've, or whomever I stole it from). 

2 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Do you drive like Ace Ventura with your head sticking out the window? Because if not, you're at least feeling the breeze when you ride a bike. I had my previous car for 15 years. I would have kept it for even longer but the AC died and I traded it in that very weekend. I can deal with lots of stuff but not having AC will never be one of them. Life's too shot to be that uncomfortable. Being in a hot humid environment with no relief makes me stabby (to loosely steal a quote from inkman, we've, or whomever I stole it from). 

It's not normally this humid in Sabrevale Trailer Park, eh.

Another sticky one today, eh.

10 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

You’re welcome.

And I’m bot going to sit in a 100 degree car when the technology to cool it down is on the dashboard of every vehicle made.  That’s masochistic.

Then again, so is long distance bikes ng when there are perfectly serviceable air conditioned cars available for the trip.

Yep.

Plus if you ride regularly, you get some legs.... the rides don't bother you near as much.  I rode to the neighborhood association meeting last night.  Another guy rode, and he suggested we ride over to a bar and have a couple ginger ales.  Afterwards we were riding home and I just powered up the hills and had to wait for him.  He doesn't have the legs.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Weave said:

You’re welcome.

And I’m bot going to sit in a 100 degree car when the technology to cool it down is on the dashboard of every vehicle made.  That’s masochistic.

Then again, so is long distance bikes ng when there are perfectly serviceable air conditioned cars available for the trip.

It's a great statement, because it gets the point across so succinctly. Hot and muggy weather irritates the hell out of me. I'm surprised there aren't more stabbings in places like Florida Mississippi, Louisiana, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

It rarely gets above 32 or below -5 here ( that’s 90 and 23 for you people who stubbornly refuse to adjust to the rest of the world.) and those are extremes, like they happen 4 or 5 times a year.

Edited by dudacek