OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

I'm gonna make it out to Colorado to ski one day. Gotta see what all you pampered powder babies have been raving about for the last century.

I'll admit that I hated it at first because I kept getting sinking and getting stuck, which sucks. But now that I've figured it out, it's pretty awesome.

post-1683-0-25115600-1521764341_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-94586000-1521764351_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-48089600-1521764381_thumb.jpg

Edited by biodork

I'll admit that I hated it at first because I kept getting sinking and getting stuck, which sucks. But now that I've figured it out, it's pretty awesome.

Oh, I dig tree skiing and floating on the pow. But I'm an East coast boy. Give me that blue ice and all that sweet, sweet speed. (Ok, I'm a little jealous)

Waited 30 minutes too long to love my car out of the garage and down to the bottom of my driveway. Had a fun slide down (my driveway gains 150 feet in elevation from the street to the house). Annoys me as the snow will be gone by the time I get home from work tomorrow adternoon. Further annoys me that after having no snow whatsoever all winter we’ve evidently just broken the record for March.

Come on, Mother Nature. I left Buffalo for a very good reason...

Eighteen years ago tomorrow (doesn't seem that long ago), a tornado hit downtown Fort Worth.  It was pretty freaky.  It hammered the Bank One building, a building similar to One Seneca Tower, knocking most of the glass out of two sides of the building.  The building sat vacant and boarded up for several years until it was redeveloped from office to residential use.  The storm killed five people that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Eighteen years ago tomorrow (doesn't seem that long ago), a tornado hit downtown Fort Worth.  It was pretty freaky.  It hammered the Bank One building, a building similar to One Seneca Tower, knocking most of the glass out of two sides of the building.  The building sat vacant and boarded up for several years until it was redeveloped from office to residential use.  The storm killed five people that day.

What are my chances of seeing one of these bad boys in Norman this spring?

What are my chances of seeing one of these bad boys in Norman this spring?

Probably upwards of 100%, since the last census determined that tornadoes are roughly 40% of the population of that God-forsaken state.

Full disclosure: I lived in OKlahoma for a couple years as a fairly young child. My dad was stationed at Fort Sill. Tornadoes are, I kid you not, literally the only memory I have of the place.