Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I don't have a problem with that. But if Jack said what was reported, that's a different story. That could be a player trying to use his leverage to get a coach fired. Of course, we know so little about where it was said, when, to whom etc., it's hard to characterize it too strongly. Did he say that to players in the lockerroom on cleanout day? Or did he say it to Murray?

Right, big difference between GMTM sitting down with Jack for a heart to heart and asking, "Jack - does this coach and system work for you ?  Do you feel it's maximizing your talents ?  What are your teammates saying / thinking ?"

vs. Jack approaching GMTM and saying "Listen, I didn't come here to play this dump and chase crap.  There is no way I'm signing long term with this numb nuts running the show.  Take your pick DB or me."

Or there was no source and there was no ultimatum. I side with Jack on this. Even if amongst some of the players they hate Double Ds system and coaching style. Thats not entirely unheard of. Neither is it unheard of for a reporter to stretch the truth a little to get what he needs.  

Isn't part of the equation if not DB then who? Lindy? Is he any different than Disco Dan? Sadly I think we missed our chance with "Clode" Julien, although the second Montreal calls, he'd probably dump us at the alter.

There are a number of qualified NHL assistants that could be better head coaches than Dan Bylsma. Phil Housley, Mike Kitchen, Larry Robinson, Kevin Dineen, maybe Dale Hunter, basically there are lots of names out there without looking to far that are possible options. We need to get out of the habit of thinking the only ppl who can be NHL head coaches are NHL head coaches. 

What?

The Buffalo Sabres, they do not move up ice as a single 5 man unit when they attack, correct?

Maybe they've told you already. It's the end of the season meetings as they always do. It's the media and fans who have added the element of suspense that makes us feel like we should expect something.

You may be onto something here.

Hamilton said on the radio this AM, that Jack's Comment about a long term extension was made during the season

He should have said that yesterday.  He should have questioned his source better.

Or there was no source and there was no ultimatum. I side with Jack on this. Even if amongst some of the players they hate Double Ds system and coaching style. Thats not entirely unheard of. Neither is it unheard of for a reporter to stretch the truth a little to get what he needs.  

I'll bet there was a source; but I think the source was wrong.  Hamilton needs to do better.

Here's a theory. Double D is the source. What better way to put it on Jack and make it harder for GMTM to can him ? Just throwing it out there.

Interesting idea... A coach just casually saying Jack hates his system and is after him. No he couldn't possibly do that because he is 46 years old and 46 year old people can never be immature or say things they didn't intend! That's only for 20 year old "kids" who were literally asked their honest opinions. 

Could be that Byslma was feeling the heat and considering Jack quit on his system sometime in January/February could have just let it be known that Jack wanted him gone because of that. 

You may be onto something here.

He should have said that yesterday. He should have questioned his source better.

I'll bet there was a source; but I think the source was wrong. Hamilton needs to do better.

Alternative hypothesis: there was a source. The source was right. Jack said it. However! It's missing important context. Maybe it was said in exasperated frustration in the wake of a particularity bad loss, or following his benching on the PP. Point being it was said, but not really meant. Edited by TrueBlueGED

Alternative hypothesis: there was a source. The source was right. Jack said it. However! It's kissing important context. Maybe it was said in exasperated frustration in the wake of a particularity bad loss, or following his benching on the PP. Point being it was said, but not really meant.

What does this mean?