[Game Day] Senators @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Add another to the list. You CANNOT say the ref didn't lose sight of the puck..... But no, it's BUFFALO, so it HAS to count against us

Exactly. Seriously, how can you not be a "Buffalo Conspiracy Theorist" after that....it never fails, we ALWAYS get screwed over. Always.

we just got screwed with that goal...they should have blown the whistle and they didnt, and that allowed Eaves to hack it into the net even though Biron covered it..........BS!

And the one in Toronto didnt count because the referee "meant to blow the whistle"...whats the difference!

i just heard for the first time jeanerette reference that ruling in Toronto. I don't buy in to the conspiraces or that the league is against us whatsover, but please tell me the official ruling on the no goal in Toronto was not that the 'official meant to blow the whistle!'

i just heard for the first time jeanerette reference that ruling in Toronto. I don't buy in to the conspiraces or that the league is against us whatsover, but please tell me the official ruling on the no goal in Toronto was not that the 'official meant to blow the whistle!'

Yes, that is exactly what the ruling was. He lost sight of the puck, and was "going to" blow the whistle when the puck went in.

This time the ref loses sight, but WASN'T going to blow the whistle, even though he's "supposed to" upon losing sight.

Briere on the point for the PP, and Fitz nails a wrist shot from the point. Beauty.

That's what I say.... F*** the refs, beat em anyway.

ok enough whistle talk! somehow the sabres found a way to tie it at 3. emery looks shaky and we're getting chances. the third period could go either way, but hopefully the sabres can pull out a victory. i'd love for them to get to 50 wins on the season...

Great to see Fitzy score and get some personal redemption after his horrendous giveaway in the Ottawa zone led to the Sens' shorthanded goal. Then again, Biron has to stop that shot. Geez.

Rock has it right. Once the ref says to himself he's going to blow the whistle, whatever happens in that millisecond before he does is moot. I know it sounds crazy, but that's the way it works, and it actually makes sense. What makes no sense whatsoever is what were they reviewing on that goal tonight? And why can't the ref step to center ice, a la an NFL ref, and explain why the play is being reviewed, then go back out there after the decision and explain it? WHY?

There's no conspiracy against Buffalo. Come on. It doesn't seem this way to a fan, but the mistakes do tend to even out.

With two down, I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the overall play. A few bounces and a delayed whistle that didn't go our way. But the passes are looking pretty good and the effort is there.

If they can keep this up in the third, should be a good outcome.

There's no conspiracy against Buffalo. Come on. It doesn't seem this way to a fan, but the mistakes do tend to even out.

PA, I've never been one to scream conspiracy, but there are times.... I mean, yeah, mistakes are made everywhere, but some are much more glaring than others, and some make a bigger difference in games than others. Then of course there are the ones that work one way one day, then the opposite way the next, and within the last couple games we've had complete opposite calls.

ok enough whistle talk! somehow the sabres found a way to tie it at 3. emery looks shaky and we're getting chances. the third period could go either way, but hopefully the sabres can pull out a victory. i'd love for them to get to 50 wins on the season...

what do you guys think of Grier's play lately? Aside from crushing Darcy the other night he really seems to have come on lately...I also think Mair makes a huge difference on that 4th line. Maybe it just a few little things that we need to come back together (some stellar goaltending and limit the giveaways would help :) )

what do you guys think of Grier's play lately? Aside from crushing Darcy the other night he really seems to have come on lately...I also think Mair makes a huge difference on that 4th line. Maybe it just a few little things that we need to come back together (some stellar goaltending and limit the giveaways would help :) )

let me tell you something boys i will take 8 rory fitzpatrick's who might be light on skill but who at least tries to work his balls off every night over dimitri kalinin any day. that guy is such a waste of talent. 3-3 game with the division leader and he f's around with the puck on his own blue. get the FUGGIN' puck out cementhead....

You know this is the first time I have been pissed at Darcy and his failure to get a defenseman at the deadline. How many freaking times is Kalinin going to give the puck up in the buffalo zone. I am so sick of Kalinin and his breakdowns.

why is Kalinin still getting shifts????

holy #%^$#!! he is still out there!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad the hockey gods stepped in and exonerated Kalinin. I still have some issues with him though!

You know this is the first time I have been pissed at Darcy and his failure to get a defenseman at the deadline. How many freaking times is Kalinin going to give the puck up in the buffalo zone. I am so sick of Kalinin and his breakdowns.

why is Kalinin still getting shifts????

holy #%^$#!! he is still out there!

i hate him it sounds like as much as you sabre, but i can't blame darcy on this one but only b/c i am part of the 'this is a youth movement' and this is the best time for these guys to learn how to play the game. that said, i think enough is enough and it is time to unload this guy. he has been given enough chances

campbell - what a nice job on that setup! he on the other hand to me is worth the negative +/- b/c he can make plays like that!

[quote name='mrjsbu96' date='Apr 5 2006, 09:26 PM' post='19559'

campbell - what a nice job on that setup! he on the other hand to me is worth the negative +/- b/c he can make plays like that!

I like Campbell. I think he is really starting to develope. I am not going to rename him "Phil Housley" just yet but he is definitely getting better. You are right about the Youth Movement. At least he is going in the right direction.

Jeez, Afinogenove and his damn "crazy Ivans"

no 'e' on afinogenov, I know. fingers too fast for my brain.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hockey gods are with us!

The streak is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhh! Did Max Afinogenov play a hockey game! I think I'm just going to enjoy the win and not talk about the deficiencies. We all saw them. But to tie it late and win it in overtime was pure magic. Maybe this is what this team needed!

Yeahhhhhhhh! Did Max Afinogenov play a hockey game! I think I'm just going to enjoy the win and not talk about the deficiencies. We all saw them. But to tie it late and win it in overtime was pure magic. Maybe this is what this team needed!

It was a good entertaining game. Come backs are always extra special. But Ottawa is obviously not the same without those great defenseman out of the game

It was a good entertaining game. Come backs are always extra special. But Ottawa is obviously not the same without those great defenseman out of the game

Doesn't matter if it restores some of the confidence the Sabres lost a few weeks ago...

I agree...I think tonight's win is hugely important for this team.

I absolutley agree that Ottawa wasn't at full strength (duh), and therefore can't necessarily be viewed from the perspective of "Buffalo beat Ottawa", because that was a very different Ottawa team tonight.

That being said...it was hugely important for the Sabres because for now the second consecutive game, the Sabres played strong, Buffalo Sabres-like hockey, came from behind twice and I thought generally controlled play in both ends. This type of effort and game gives you reason to feel confident that this team is finally out of the woods in terms of their slump, and getting primed for the second season.

Great game for the Goatheads.

I've loved Max's attitude all year. Yeah, he still can't finish, but like Connolly, he came to play with a new attitude. Even the penalties he took earlier in the season showed a heart he hadn't displayed.

He seemed to lose that attitude during the losing streak, but he played well in Toronto, and incredible tonite. He's fast becoming a premier setup man.

Just an overall solid effort. I think that Toronto shallacking may have been the true wakeup call.