GDT: Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 10-27-2016

WildCard

I have just one question for you.

Are you ready?

READY FOR THIS THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN YOUR BUFFALO SABRES TAKE ON THE MINNESOTA WILD IN TONIGHTS HOCCCCKKKKKEEEYYYYY GAME.

DA DA-DA DAAAAAAAAAAA

how-to-draw-a-trumpet_1_000000004390_6.j

IT'S 12 MEN TRAPPED IN A STEEL BOARDED ICE RINK WITH BLADES ATTACHED TO THEIR FEET AS THEY'LL GIVE IT THEIR ALL TO BECOME THE NEXT NHL CHAAMMMMMPPPPP *pauses for breath (coughs)* IIIIIOOOOONNNNNNN

So, are you ready?? Your Buffalo Sabres will look to rebound from a rather nasty collapse against the Flyers on Tuesday night, a collapse that saw the Sabres relinquish a 3-0 lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. The demise, one facilitated by the Alamo, terrible penalties taken, and questionable OT play, is one Buffalo looks to put behind them and get back to the Mendoza line as a win against Minnesota tonight puts them at .500

The Wild meanwhile sit at the top of their named division at 4-2-1, and are coming off a 5-0 drubbing of the Boston Bruins last Tuesday night. The Wild are 3-0 at home, but 1-2-1 on the road.

Nilsson to get the start as Lehner is still sick.

Game Preview

Practice Report

"I don't ever want to forget this one," Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. "I think we can't forget it … If we want to be a good team, if we want to be a winning team, this is a game we have to learn a lesson from with how we played and we have to learn a lesson with how we're going to play going forward, and one we should never let happen again."

Buffalo:

Forwards:

26 Matt Moulson - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo

63 Tyler Ennis - 23 Sam Reinhart - 28 Zemgus Girgensons

82 Marcus Foligno - 22 Johan Larsson - 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 27 Derek Grant - 52 Hudson Fasching

Defense:
4 Josh Gorges - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

77 Dmitry Kulikov - 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe - 6 Cody Franson

34 Casey Nelson

Goalies:
31 Anders Nilsson

Linus Ullmark

141827649_slide.jpg

After the Flyers game, I can't see how this team comes back and handles a first place Wild team. We just don't have the firepower or depth to compete IMO.

Edit: Which is sad because my wife is going with her girlfriends to this game. Hope she doesn't have a stinker to watch tonight.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

141827649_slide.jpg

"I mean, yah, these are great seats ya know. Drove all this way to see my Minnesoda Wild play. I hope it was OK to leave my Hummer in the middle of the street in front of the arena. It probably is, dontchathink? I should be good. Hmmm wonder if the concessions have pie?"

I have just one question for you.

Are you ready?

READY FOR THIS THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN YOUR BUFFALO SABRES TAKE ON THE MINNESOTA WILD IN TONIGHTS HOCCCCKKKKKEEEYYYYY GAME.

DA DA-DA DAAAAAAAAAAA

how-to-draw-a-trumpet_1_000000004390_6.j

IT'S 12 MEN TRAPPED IN A STEEL BOARDED ICE RINK WITH BLADES ATTACHED TO THEIR FEET AS THEY'LL GIVE IT THEIR ALL TO BECOME THE NEXT NHL CHAAMMMMMPPPPP *pauses for breath (coughs)* IIIIIOOOOONNNNNNN

"I'm watching you..."

I am interested to see how they react to the Philly stomach punch.  Hopefully they will exhibit more mental toughness than they did after the Eichel injury.  We know how the Roy/Vanek/Pommer teams would have reacted.  Let's see how the ROR/Reino/Risto team does.

I am cautiously optimistic that they will come out like they did in the 1st 2 periods vs Philly -- and this time they will close out the W, which will give them some confidence and help right the ship.

141827649_slide.jpg

Kid in the front row on the right: "Gee, thanks dad for this hat, but did you really think I needed an Adult X-Large? I can't see the hockeys!"

Girl in black on far left: "Oh no - Foligno! Please don't hurt yourself out there! I don't know if I could be a Sabres fan without your dashing good looks to pay attention to."

Guy in black directly above Foligno girl: "Hey check out the hot girls in the front row! Nice...."

I am interested to see how they react to the Philly stomach punch.  Hopefully they will exhibit more mental toughness than they did after the Eichel injury.  We know how the Roy/Vanek/Pommer teams would have reacted.  Let's see how the ROR/Reino/Risto team does.

I am cautiously optimistic that they will come out like they did in the 1st 2 periods vs Philly -- and this time they will close out the W, which will give them some confidence and help right the ship.

I can see that, but I can also see a repeat in third. I hope not 

The team needs to show some consistency. Ideally consistent with the Edmonton game or the first 2 periods of the Philly game instead of consistent with the garbage/sloppy periods. They obviously have the talent to play well, but have only put together one complete game so far. I was hoping the progress we seemed to make at the end of last season would carry over more this season. I look at guys like RoR and Gionta as the leaders on the team. Losing Eichel hurts, but was he doing more to drive this team than his play on the ice? Or is that just an excuse?

The next few games could be telling. 2 home games against some pretty good teams before a timezone hop against a team (Winnipeg) we should take advantage of if we want to contest for a playoff spot this year. It's a long season, but we need to start stringing together some more wins soon, or we'll end up in the same position as last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.