Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

30 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

After you go thru the entire series...

find and watch El Camino.

its a movie about what happens to Jessie after the Breaking Bad timeline.

Then, watch...  Better Call Saul. It’s about Saul and his Timeline “pre-Breaking Bad”. 

You’ll love it all ??

I'd hold off on Saul for a little bit if possible.  We only have one season left, but who knows when we'll get it thanks to COVID.  If you're going to binge, you might as well be able to binge the entire season.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

After you go thru the entire series...

find and watch El Camino.

its a movie about what happens to Jessie after the Breaking Bad timeline.

Then, watch...  Better Call Saul. It’s about Saul and his Timeline “pre-Breaking Bad”. 

You’ll love it all ??

I watched El Camino and thought it was great. I watched the first 3 episodes of Better Call Saul and for some reason I just couldn’t get into it

On 3/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, Hoss said:

I may have mentioned this already but NBC’s Hannibal is an incredible experience. Not something you’d expect from a network like them but it’s got everything. Incredible characters, acting, visual effects and story telling. It’s even got a ton of gore. Laurence Fishburne, Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen.

Plowing through this series right now, nearing the end of season 2.  What an experience.  The acting and writing is great but Mads was born to play this role.  Holy ***** he scares me.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Plowing through this series right now, nearing the end of season 2.  What an experience.  The acting and writing is great but Mads was born to play this role.  Holy ***** he scares me.  

I've got 5 episodes to go in the series. It's definitely not bad. Mads is what sold me on watching it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:32 PM, Thwomp! said:

Vikings is great.

If you're into the old west, I enjoyed both Godless and Westworld.  Westworld's future and past, but still.

I liked Black Sails, which was on Starz, if pirates interest you.

I'm watching 'Black Sails" now per your rec and really enjoying it.  Thanks

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This hockey movie just released right now called 'Odd Man Rush'... Has Trevor Gretzky, son of Wayne Gretzky, and Alexa Lemieux, daughter of Mario Lemieux in it as well.

Came to find out that parts of the movie were filmed on the campuses of Colgate and Hamilton College.

I haven't watched it yet but (but i plan to)... but it looks like it could be decent. Really have to take what you can get when it comes to hockey themed films.

Here's a couple articles about it if anyone is interested.

Article with the trailer & info about the local connection: https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2020/07/odd-man-rush-hockey-movie-filmed-in-cny-set-for-release-see-exclusive-trailer.html

Article from The Hockey News to "Get the Popcorn Ready' https://www.si.com/hockey/news/get-the-popcorn-ready-for-odd-man-rush

Edited by In The Buff

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SwampD said:

It is impossible for me to not watch any part of Mad Max: Fury Road, if it is on.

I really tried to get my mom to watch this. She never liked Mad Max but Fury Road was so much better (IMO) than any of the other films. I was never big on the Mad Max films myself until Fury Road.

Watched The Social Dilemma last night.

It should be required watching for those who are not in the industry. The Great Hack should be as well.

I wasn't enamored with it and I thought it got a little too sensationalistic and the non-documentary parts were a little ridiculous, but I suppose it does happen.

The bottom line though was just how much those algorithms are training us.  If you couple that with the decrease in teaching critical thinking in education it's not hard to see how we are at this point in our timeline as a species.

Still, the more you are aware, perhaps the better off you'll be.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Finished Hannibal ... that’s a hell of a show ... wow.

I’m almost done with the Netflix show ... DARK.

Wow that’s a confusing show. But damn good.

Damn good and confusing are the exact correct descriptions!  I got through season 1, but I had to rewatch some episodes to make sure I understood what happened (or what was happening, or what would happen).  I haven't ventured into season 2 yet, but I will, and when I do I will do it with flow charts of how how everyone is related to one another, and also previous plot twists  There are links that provide this info, and rightly so.

One thing I have to say about watching this show in English is that the dubbing is terrible.  I'm sure the literal translation from German is good, but the dubs are delivered so emotionlessly.  It's like people are just reading the translations with no context of the plot/characters, etc.  I would have much preferred subtitles, but oh well.

Edited by BagBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

Damn good and confusing are the exact correct descriptions!  I got through season 1, but I had to rewatch some episodes to make sure I understood what happened (or what was happening, or what would happen).  I haven't ventured into season 2 yet, but I will, and when I do I will do it with flow charts of how how everyone is related to one another, and also previous plot twists  There are links that provide this info, and rightly so.

One thing I have to say about watching this show in English is that the dubbing is terrible.  I'm sure the literal translation from German is good, but the dubs are delivered so emotionlessly.  It's like people are just reading the translations with no context of the plot/characters, etc.  I would have much preferred subtitles, but oh well.

Yea, I’m watching with subtitles. Which is good. But then I’m focusing on the words and not so much the actual movie scenes 😂

I just re-watched “ The Guard” with Brendan Gleeson, Don Cheadle and Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos from GoT).  Excellent, funny cop movie set in a small town in Ireland.  Solid A-minus and perhaps an A.

I also recently saw Terminator:  Dark Fate.  Not great but reasonably enjoyable if you liked the first 2 Terminator movies.  I’ll give it a B.