Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

I am VERY excited for the new DUNE. I'm one of those people who actually likes the David Lynch movie, but I definitely think it deserves this remake. Apparently Villeneuve decided that this needs to be TWO movies to really give it the proper depth and I couldn't agree more.

I love the original.

5 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I've never seen Dune but boy was the book...boring.

Wasn't there six? I know I read them all,... although it was in college when I was on the spice and listening to semuta(?) music?

28 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I love the original.

Wasn't there six? I know I read them all,... although it was in college when I was on the spice and listening to semuta(?) music?

I think I got as far as the 4th one.  I enjoyed the original trilogy and lost interest at 4.

I just don't have high hopes for this movie.  Loved the first 3 books.  Loved them.  The first movie was awful, and everything since was underwhelming.  I'm just not convinced that it is a story that works well on screen.

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I think I got as far as the 4th one.  I enjoyed the original trilogy and lost interest at 4.

I just don't have high hopes for this movie.  Loved the first 3 books.  Loved them.  The first movie was awful, and everything since was underwhelming.  I'm just not convinced that it is a story that works well on screen.

I love, love the Lynch movie. It was like a spaghetti western, but in space. It could have been directed by Sergio Leone (I actually thought it was.)

Wasn’t there also a TV miniseries that had a lot of promise, but got cancelled after a couple of episodes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I ended up buying an lot of the first 5 books on eBay, used paperbacks. Very excited to read at least the first 3. Figured it was a good idea. I'm trying to read more fiction anyway.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:06 PM, SwampD said:

I love, love the Lynch movie. It was like a spaghetti western, but in space. It could have been directed by Sergio Leone (I actually thought it was.)

Wasn’t there also a TV miniseries that had a lot of promise, but got cancelled after a couple of episodes.

Scifi channel miniseries (back when that was they did). if I recall right it had the highest (double previous record)viewership the channel ever had until the BSG miniseries showed up. It also had a follow up miniseries children of dune.

I think the first one is great. It allowed them to go deeper into the story compared to the movie.

The second miniseries was simply ok.

11 hours ago, Hank said:

The wife and I just finished binging the shield. 

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Great show, right?

I think the Shield was one of my first binge shows. Followed by the Wire and Breaking Bad.  Dexter was in there somewhere but the Shield was awesome.  

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Great show, right?

Yes, it was. I hated that

Vic threw Ronnie under the bus in the end. I thought Vic being handcuffed to a desk for the next three years and his family going into witness protection

was some poetic justice. 

Again, great show. Highly recommend it. 

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

...edited Hank's post to hide the spoilers.

(Sorry Hank -- but I thought since the show told one continuous story for 6 years, it was worth hiding the very end.)

Good call, I should have been more conscious of that. Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Anyone still following better call saul ? Imo the last 3 episodes have been on par with or better than breaking bad. Just wowza. Things are really heating up.

I haven’t watched one episode. But I loved Breaking Bad. So I plan on Binge watching all of Better Call Saul, at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I haven’t watched one episode. But I loved Breaking Bad. So I plan on Binge watching all of Better Call Saul, at some point.

Better Call Saul has been really good.  I'm delighted there will be at least a season 6.  I can't help but try to connect the potential dots from Saul to Breaking Bad.  It's an interesting dynamic that Saul is a prequel to BB.  Anybody who liked Breaking Bad...well, you just gotta watch Saul.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, bunomatic said:

Anyone still following better call saul ? Imo the last 3 episodes have been on par with or better than breaking bad. Just wowza. Things are really heating up.

21 hours ago, BagBoy said:

Better Call Saul has been really good.  I'm delighted there will be at least a season 6.  I can't help but try to connect the potential dots from Saul to Breaking Bad.  It's an interesting dynamic that Saul is a prequel to BB.  Anybody who liked Breaking Bad...well, you just gotta watch Saul.

This season was the best yet IMHO.  The finale was great.

• Like (+1) 1

Watched this last night... not in 100% alignment, but it certainly resonates with me.  I am 100% not a fan of Michael Moore overall, although he only was an executive producer on this and not the force behind it.

That said... it's something we really need to wake up to.  I'm posting this here because it fits in this thread on the surface.  Discussion of it should be in the politics club I would imagine.

Edited by LTS

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Just rewatched most of “Goodfellas.”  I still think what I thought before:  it’s kinda overrated but with some great scenes and great performances, especially by Joe Pesci.  

I had an uncle who looked just like the guy in the freezer (Carbone?).  He died right around 20 years ago now (not in a freezer).  Every single time I hear Layla, it makes me think of him.

And the thing about that movie is that I've seen it so many times on cable, that it's an absolute treat when you stumble onto an unedited version.

Edited by shrader