Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I'm holding out hope that The Lobster will win best original screenplay. It won't, because the academy, but upsetting Manchester by The Sea and La La Land would be so fun.

20th Century Women and Hell or High Water are the other films in this category. I haven't seen either of them.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Huge screwup a la Steve Harvey where Warren Beaty announces by mistake that La La Land wins best picture they come up and say speeches then they announce a mistake was made and its actually Moonlight that wins it and they all come up and say their speeches. WTF. How do these shows screw up like this ? lol 

Edited by bunomatic

Huge screwup a la Steve Harvey where Warren Beaty announces by mistake that La La Land wins best picture they come up and say speeches then they announce a mistake was made and its actually Moonlight that wins it and they all come up and say their speeches. WTF. How do these shows screw up like this ? lol

Apparently they just flat out gave Beatty the wrong envelope. So weird.

Well, I acceded to my wife's wishes and accompanied her to "La La Land" on Sat. night ... and I didn't hate it. 

If you find yourself similarly situated with your significant other, I will tell you that it's about 75% "regular movie" and 25% musical and that overall it's pretty well made and interesting story about LA.

Well, I acceded to my wife's wishes and accompanied her to "La La Land" on Sat. night ... and I didn't hate it. 

If you find yourself similarly situated with your significant other, I will tell you that it's about 75% "regular movie" and 25% musical and that overall it's pretty well made and interesting story about LA.

Yeah I'm going with the wife at her request so I'll give it a go. I don't usually like musicals or as I call this one 'Bollywood White' but I'll grin and bare it. The last musical I sat through was Paint your wagon. That should ring a bell for some of the old bones on this site. 

My buddy had to go see it. He was not prepared for the musical part :lol: 

I'm usually pretty cool with musicals, but I have a bad feeling I'm going to hate this one like I hate Rent. I'm going to watch it at some point, but I can't help thinking I'll come out of it just wanting to watch The Blues Brothers instead. 

I'm usually pretty cool with musicals, but I have a bad feeling I'm going to hate this one like I hate Rent. I'm going to watch it at some point, but I can't help thinking I'll come out of it just wanting to watch The Blues Brothers instead.

Rent was the worst piece of , God awful thing I have ever seen in my entire life! I like musicals, have been in several. Knew I'd hate Rent going in, so that's on me....stupid friends and their bad taste.

Rent was the worst ###### piece of ######, God awful thing I have ever seen in my entire ###### life! I like musicals, have been in several. Knew I'd hate Rent going in, so that's on me....stupid friends and their bad taste.

Friends made you watch that? Not a girl?

Rent is so terrible. La La Land is good. Ryan Gosling is not so good but Emma stone is great.

They play the theme like 100 times though, so get ready to be sick of it by the end.

La La Land got a lot of hate for being a white people movie. Some people claim that this movie yearns for the time when hollywood was ruled by whitefolk. I think that's garbage. That said, everything would have been fine if they had cast michael b jordan instead of gosling. He's only 1 year older than emma stone rather than like 10 years older. And he'd likely have been a lot more charming than wooden man gosling.

Not to say Ryan Gosling is bad or anything, just very miscast. I like him in broody colin farrell type roles, like in Drive (even though Drive has soooo many issues).

Manchester by the Sea somehow managed to miss all the white people movie rage that la la land soaked up.

Going to see Get Out tonight. Hype!

Rent was the worst ###### piece of ######, God awful thing I have ever seen in my entire ###### life! I like musicals, have been in several. Knew I'd hate Rent going in, so that's on me....stupid friends and their bad taste.

Preach. I effing HATE that whiny time wasting "oh we're bohemian so give us carte blanche to be sh!theads" bore. 

One more thing about La La Lanada: the worst white people moment is when Ryan Gosling explains why he loves jazz so much. It's soooo labored. It's pretty obvious that neither Damien Chazelle nor Ryan Gosling have ever been into jazz. I would love to see that scene as written by a jazzer.

I haven't seen it. But just the clip they showed at the Oscars, which is of him doing just that... I was reading something, half listening, and had to look up because i was so grossed out. Not just explaining, maaansplaining. Yeah, a term tossed around by SJW's and overwrought outrage hobbyists, but trust me, every gal has had a guy sit down and try to Chaucer their deep philosophical feelings on a common interest in an overbearing pedantic manner that far transcends passionate discourse into "let me impress you with my superiority" , and Gosling had it down pat. Not sure I could stomach the movie. 

That and they can't sing. And I'm a huge musicals fan. Well, some of them. F*** Rent.