Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s problematic because it’s literally the end of this version of the MCU. Infinity War was an all-hands on deck effort so suddenly seeing new faces is more expected in that timeframe where as “END GAME” is supposed to have a very final feel to it for this era of super heroes. MCU will be very different after it. And we’ve seen these characters go through so much so to peg all hopes on someone we just met is going to be an interesting dynamic.

I don't think that will be the case. I think she will be a vital component are even the catalyst to kick off the plan but i don't think everything will be on her. I am curious on how they will use Marvel after endgame. she is a strange bridge across the timeline of events

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Goose may be the real star of the movie.

The cameo was nice. The tribute made me cry

Hulk is done? I thought Ruffalo had a few more movies on his contract after endgame

Maybe he does. I was under the impression that all of the originals were done after this, save for the Black Widow solo film. And is Johansson even officially signed onto that yet? I'm not sure. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe he does. I was under the impression that all of the originals were done after this, save for the Black Widow solo film. And is Johansson even officially signed onto that yet? I'm not sure. 

Far as I know. Chris Evans has strongly indicated he is done. RDJ I think fulfills his contract with Endgame. Hemsworth as well, but he has talked about wanting Thor 4. Renner has not appeared in 6 movies yet so he likely has 2 more on contract. SJ noone seems to know if she has any movie left on contract, best i heard was she commented that her contract has evolved a bit the past few years.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

For the record, I have no issue if Captain Marvel IS the savior minus the part where the fan base hasn’t had the time to get to know her as well as the more battle-tested movie heroes.

Yea, I didn't get the impression that was your issue. So no worries there. Like I said, I really just don't think she's going to be a savior at all. Important, sure. But I don't think she shows up and that's that. 

Seriously, Justice League was reasonably enjoyable, but its use of Superman was sooooooo bad. 

6 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Far as I know. Chris Evans has strongly indicated he is done. RDJ I think fulfills his contract with Endgame. Hemsworth as well, but he has talked about wanting Thor 4. Renner has not appeared in 6 movies yet so he likely has 2 more on contract. SJ noone seems to know if she has any movie left on contract, best i heard was she commented that her contract has evolved a bit the past few years.

Okay then. We'll see! I know it's hard with Hulk because the rights prevent them from really making him a solo movie. I do recall Hemsworth saying he was interested in staying on because he loved the direction Ragnarok took the character. I'm just assuming Disney won't want to pay him. 

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sigh. Took...3?...posts for this line of thinking to emerge. Thor ,Vision, and Hulk are done, leaving Doctor Strange as the only real heavy hitter remaining. With the MCU increasingly expanding into its cosmic (and more powerful) universe, they need someone to carry the torch in that direction. 

Thor is done as a heavy hitter? I felt like he was underpowered right up until Infinity War.  He actually started having god like results in the final battle.  If anything, I think he's evolved into the most likely character (Captain Marvel aside) to carry the day.

10 hours ago, Weave said:

Thor is done as a heavy hitter? I felt like he was underpowered right up until Infinity War.  He actually started having god like results in the final battle.  If anything, I think he's evolved into the most likely character (Captain Marvel aside) to carry the day.

I simply meant he's (likely) done in the MCU because Hemsworth's contract is up, not that he wasn't super powerful anymore.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, Hoss said:

Hide contents

I agree mostly with this assessment. The biggest issue for me is what you’re saying about the timing. That’s spot on. We’ve given so many hours to the series and everything has been building to endgame just for us to welcome an all new character a month before the movie? That’s tough. We don’t know her or like her enough yet. We haven’t seen what she’s been through aside from flashbacks that don’t seem to impact her.

She’s a great actress, I think this was more bad directing. Someone needed to stop the process and write in some more time for emotion. They were rushing so much in the movie that she never had time to care. The few moments she did have to care were lackluster.

But all that said my biggest issue with the movie was Ronin. He’s actually, I think, the best villain the MCU has ever had but in both movies he’s appeared in he was underused. Then there’s the issue that they replaced the original actor who played him so well.

I still had a good time, though. I’d give it a 7.

They didn't change the actor.  It was the same guy, just made to look younger just like the other 3 characters that have appeared before.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:42 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

I really liked Aquaman. I think they may have turned a corner, but time will tell. 

You need to tell the individual stories first.  There's a shocking revelation.  I can't believe they didn't realize that right from the start.  They have two really good ones under their belt.  Shazam's got a really campy feel from the trailer.  I'm not sure what to expect there, but it could be free standing enough to not have too much impact on their brand if it flops.

Now we'll see if they can ever get their Flash movie off the ground.  They were supposedly going to call it Flashpoint, so there's a bad sign that they may go right back to over-reaching on this one.  That's way too big of a story for an intro movie.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:10 PM, Weave said:

They've build up Thor really well in the last two movies.  I wasn't too crazy about the over the top humor in Ragnarok, but the character development as a whole was really good.  I hope they don't kill him off.  They can write him off into more of a role like Odin, but he should live on in the MCU.

And as for this thought in here as to whether or not Captain Marvel would show up as the savior, that can't really happen.  It doesn't matter how heavy of a hitter they bring in, none of them can undo what's already done.  He won't do the heavy lifting, but Antman will be the key to it all.

On a side note, what a weird spot Sony is in having to push the next Spiderman movie.  Sure, it could be in the past, but it's kind of odd sitting through that trailer thinking "hey, they're both dead".

Watched Ray Romano and Seinfeld comedy shows/documentary? on Netflix. Romano was a lot filthier than I thought he would be. All you 45-60 yr olds would probably love his jokes. Seinfeld’s was more ‘life before Seinfeld’.

Both of them return to the first clubs they did stand up at.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

They didn't change the actor.  It was the same guy, just made to look younger just like the other 3 characters that have appeared before.

Jeez somehow he looked and sounded more like Lee Pace in Guardians than he did here. He looked and sounded like Pace in the hologram but not in his actual scenes. Either way it was poorly done.

59 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Jeez somehow he looked and sounded more like Lee Pace in Guardians than he did here. He looked and sounded like Pace in the hologram but not in his actual scenes. Either way it was poorly done.

I think it's a safe bet that you'll see him back in a sequel at some point.  The Kree are in very different shape between this movie and Guardians.  It's kind of interesting that for once, Marvel is actually following the pattern DC has laid out with Wonder Woman, a series of movies played out in the past.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:06 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

Not sure I agree with you and Hoss on the timing. We didn't get any more time to warm up to Spiderman or Black Panther before the Avengers. 1 movie and 2 really small and semi random parts in another. I don't think you're wrong, per se, I just don't think it's more problematic than any of the other non-original Avengers. 

Also, FWIW, I don't think she's going to be their savior any more than Thor getting his axe (which is problematic in and of itself since his last movie was all about him being the power, not his weapon) or Ant Man with the quantum particles. In other words, I'd be shocked if Marvel treats her like DC did Superman in Justice League. 

I agree. She'll be front and centre with several others, but there's no way a new character is presented as the defined savior of the thing moreso than someone like RDJ, the guy who got the whole shebang started 20 odd movies ago. 

I loved Captain Marvel and I hope the character factors into the last movie of this phase heavily. 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:36 PM, Hoss said:

It’s problematic because it’s literally the end of this version of the MCU. Infinity War was an all-hands on deck effort so suddenly seeing new faces is more expected in that timeframe where as “END GAME” is supposed to have a very final feel to it for this era of super heroes. MCU will be very different after it. And we’ve seen these characters go through so much so to peg all hopes on someone we just met is going to be an interesting dynamic.

True, but most know that these last two are in effect two halves of the same movie. That's how they officially started, Black Panther still basically showed up right in time for THE END. 

10 hours ago, shrader said:

You need to tell the individual stories first.  There's a shocking revelation.  I can't believe they didn't realize that right from the start.  They have two really good ones under their belt.  Shazam's got a really campy feel from the trailer.  I'm not sure what to expect there, but it could be free standing enough to not have too much impact on their brand if it flops.

Now we'll see if they can ever get their Flash movie off the ground.  They were supposedly going to call it Flashpoint, so there's a bad sign that they may go right back to over-reaching on this one.  That's way too big of a story for an intro movie.

They've build up Thor really well in the last two movies.  I wasn't too crazy about the over the top humor in Ragnarok, but the character development as a whole was really good.  I hope they don't kill him off.  They can write him off into more of a role like Odin, but he should live on in the MCU.

And as for this thought in here as to whether or not Captain Marvel would show up as the savior, that can't really happen.  It doesn't matter how heavy of a hitter they bring in, none of them can undo what's already done.  He won't do the heavy lifting, but Antman will be the key to it all.

On a side note, what a weird spot Sony is in having to push the next Spiderman movie.  Sure, it could be in the past, but it's kind of odd sitting through that trailer thinking "hey, they're both dead".

Yea, I dunno why DC thought it was the right way to go. Something tells me the penny pincers at Warner wanted to chase Avengers money ASAP rather than properly building things up. Anyway, I hope they've learned. I also read somewhere that DC might be de-emphasizing the shared universe altogether and focusing on solo movies. 

I agree on Thor. I've loved his arc. I hope that instead of dying they write him off as going to found a new Asgard, so he can't help for awhile. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea, I dunno why DC thought it was the right way to go. Something tells me the penny pincers at Warner wanted to chase Avengers money ASAP rather than properly building things up. Anyway, I hope they've learned. I also read somewhere that DC might be de-emphasizing the shared universe altogether and focusing on solo movies. 

I agree on Thor. I've loved his arc. I hope that instead of dying they write him off as going to found a new Asgard, so he can't help for awhile. 

It's a smart move.  Even with where Marvel is right now, I usually find the individual movies far more entertaining.  Infinity War is a wasfferent story, but that one had 10 years and over 15 movies of buildup.  You need to play a full season before you get to the super bowl.

16 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

How cool would it be to see Wolverine fight The Hulk? The MCU is so big with so many alternate story lines. Just not a fan of Gambit’s absence so far.

It sounds like you were one of the lucky ones to miss out on the Wolverine origin movie and their use of Gambit.  Only one good thing came out of that movie and it was the mid-credit scenes in Deadpool 2.