Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Just watched Hell or High Water with Chris Pine, Jeff Bridges and Ben Foster, they were all great. Son drove thru Post Texas and said there was no such bank there. Thought it was funny he even looked it up. Texas Midlands Bank which reminded me of Marine Midland. 

Just watched Hell or High Water with Chris Pine, Jeff Bridges and Ben Foster, they were all great. Son drove thru Post Texas and said there was no such bank there. Thought it was funny he even looked it up. Texas Midlands Bank which reminded me of Marine Midland.

Hell or High Water was easily one of my top movies from 2016. Highly recommend.

Finally saw Manchester by the Sea to see what all the fuss is about.

What a load of horseshit. Nothing happens in this movie. For it to get the Oscar nomination for best picture over Denial and the Handmaiden (and The Lobster and The Witch, but those aren't prestige movies and thus, don't exist) is a farce.

Casey Affleck can off.

On the plus side, I get to see Arrival and Fences again on the big screen tomorrow. Two damn fine movies.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I'm giving Homeland a C-minus so far this season.  If my wife didn't like it so much, I would bail completely.

Also -- 2 of my work colleagues recommended "Ray Donovan."  I watched the first episode over the weekend and thought it was utter crapola.  If episode 2 isn't any better, I'm out -- but then I have to figure out how to gently inform my work colleagues that I completely disagree with their recommendation.

Just finished up season 1 of Sneaky Pete, which is an Amazon Prime original series.  Highly recommended.  Created by Bryan Cranston, who also does a great job of playing the very evil bad guy.  Great ratings everywhere I've seen.  Wife and I really enjoyed it and can't wait for season 2.

I'm giving Homeland a C-minus so far this season.  If my wife didn't like it so much, I would bail completely.

Also -- 2 of my work colleagues recommended "Ray Donovan."  I watched the first episode over the weekend and thought it was utter crapola.  If episode 2 isn't any better, I'm out -- but then I have to figure out how to gently inform my work colleagues that I completely disagree with their recommendation.

My older brother was constantly telling me to watch this show. I was personally boycotting it due in part to the Boston accents and because I blame this show for ruining the final season of Dexter, but I eventually watched all 4 seasons over about a month. It's a decent show and it does pick up the pace somewhat but if you didn't like the first episode at all you're probably not going to like the show.

-- but then I have to figure out how to gently inform my work colleagues that I completely disagree with their recommendation.

I always do the same thing. Verbatim: "eh(face scrunch, shoulder shrug), it's not my thing."

And that's all.

Just got back from seeing John Wick 2. The first John Wick is one of the best action movies of the decade and this one matches it perfectly. Hopefully it's not a long wait until "Chapter 3."

2nd movie was awesome, but the plot was much better for the first one. Really hoping they do a prequel of his impossible mission and his life in thst world right as he meets his wife