Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

On 3/15/2024 at 1:16 PM, JujuFish said:

Went to my first IMAX to see Dune Part 2. That was a fun experience, and the movie wasn't half bad either.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:50 PM, Indabuff said:

Dune Part 2:

giphy(20)(1).gif.6c1b1dde5bb89688cc35b1ddaf04d7a1.gif

Just saw it with my wife.  I enjoyed it but I think I liked the first one more.  OTOH, my wife liked the 2nd one better.

10 hours ago, LTS said:

Blood Sport is so bad

So bad that every time it's on I leave it on and watch the rest of it.  "Okay USA!"

It picks up once the kumite starts.

Evidently, it's might be based on a true story, and JCVD's character was a real person, but it seems like quite a few people doubt his stories and believe them to be tall tales, including his description of the kumite and his role in it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Just saw it with my wife.  I enjoyed it but I think I liked the first one more.  OTOH, my wife liked the 2nd one better.

I'm with your wife on this one, but I will readily admit that watching in IMAX versus watching at home (like I did for part 1) influences this.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah didn't like the new ghostbusters maybe I'm just old but it was boring 

Saw it yesterday. It was decent but it could have been better I thought with a few changes.  I thought they crammed too many characters into the movie, so most of them (even though the audience knew them already) had very little character development.  It was like, the 'bones' were there for a good story, but they never really developed it that much because every 5 minutes it was 'time' for another star to get some screentime.  I was still entertained though.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Saw it yesterday. It was decent but it could have been better I thought with a few changes.  I thought they crammed too many characters into the movie, so most of them (even though the audience knew them already) had very little character development.  It was like, the 'bones' were there for a good story, but they never really developed it that much because every 5 minutes it was 'time' for another star to get some screentime.  I was still entertained though.

I picked up a $2 ticket to see it Tuesday (Fandango has a $5 off code (FROZENGHOST)). For that price, I'll give it plenty of leeway.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

Just finished the first season of this Scifi show based on a trilogy from a Chinese author.  You may recognize the names of the show's creators, Benioff and Weiss.

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:
14 hours ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

Just finished the first season of this Scifi show based on a trilogy from a Chinese author.  You may recognize the names of the show's creators, Benioff and Weiss.

Enjoyed that one.

First 4 episodes had me riveted.  I still have the season finale to watch.  Crazy show. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/11/2024 at 9:21 AM, GoPre said:

Watched a new Amazon Prime show called Fallout last night.  Based on the video game series Fallout.  Enjoyed it very much!!  Planning to binge watch season one this weekend.  Eight episodes total.  

Can’t wait to watch.  Ella Purnell 

season 1 dancing GIF by Sweetbitter STARZ

has me like 

schwing GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Watched first few episodes of Fallout. I’m really enjoying it. 

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

Fallout is a great show and a breath of fresh air in terms of entertainment. 

I never played the game.  I’m aware of it and watched my bro play.  It’s wacky.  Walton Goggins in genius in everything.  Ella Purnell might be pushing Sydney Sweeney down my celebrity crush ladder. 

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

I never played the game.  I’m aware of it and watched my bro play.  It’s wacky.  Walton Goggins in genius in everything.  Ella Purnell might be pushing Sydney Sweeney down my celebrity crush ladder. 

I started Fallout 4 last year, but not got very far. Series seems to capture the vibes. Might have to restart it. 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:16 PM, JujuFish said:

Went to my first IMAX to see Dune Part 2. That was a fun experience, and the movie wasn't half bad either.

The last time I was at an Imax was for Top Gun Maverick.

I get the big screen, the more powerful sound.  But to me it's kinda like 3d....it's kinda fun to get the 3d effect, or the louder sound, the huge screen for the first few minutes, but I 'adjust' to all of that 5 minutes in and then don't notice much of a difference.  Its kinda like what happened with a TV in our house.  We don't have so much a 'man cave', but we have an extra room in the house where I keep my computer and have a TV in there, a nice chair and couch, etc.  its a small room, but I used to have a 65" TV in there with a surround sound system.  Don't ask me why, but when the Tv started 'acting up', I replaced it with a 50 incher and a basic soundbar (no subwoofer even).  At first I was like...why did I do this, its not as good, but by 2 days later, I was totally fine with it and didn't even miss the old tv or sound system.

As for as Dune, I'm going to give it a try again. I remember years and years ago seeing the original, and wasn't a fan of it.  When the remake came out a few years ago, I thought about going to the theater to see it and didn't...then when it was available at home I watched it for about 20 minutes and didn't get into it and never finished it.  I think its just the type of thing I have to commit to, so in the next month or so I WILL watch the first one (from a few years ago) all the way through, and then get ready for Dune 2.

Edited by mjd1001

On 4/13/2024 at 8:24 PM, mjd1001 said:

Don't ask me why, but when the Tv started 'acting up', I replaced it with a 50 incher and a basic soundbar (no subwoofer even).  At first I was like...why did I do this, its not as good, but by 2 days later, I was totally fine with it and didn't even miss the old tv or sound system.

This is how I feel about resolution, but not sound quality. I just bought a new tv that apparently is significantly better than my old in terms of picture quality, but I don’t see it. Things just look the way they do. Sound quality I notice immediately though and will usually pay for if it’s affordable. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/15/2024 at 8:45 AM, #freejame said:

This is how I feel about resolution, but not sound quality. I just bought a new tv that apparently is significantly better than my old in terms of picture quality, but I don’t see it. Things just look the way they do. Sound quality I notice immediately though and will usually pay for if it’s affordable. 

Did you know that they’ve done tests, and better sound quality fools people into thinking that the picture is clearer.