Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I may have watched the worst horror movie last night.... Called the apparition.... We all got a red box after a day of tailgating and evening hangovers, thought it could be fun, I warn all to stay far away from this abomination

Worst as in poorly done or in poor taste? Bad in general, etc?

My girlfriend googled most f'd up movies of all time and I think we watched the worst one (even though it was only ranked #4 or #6 or something on the list. It's called a Serbian film and I don't recommend it unless you really just get your rocks off with messed up stuff. Complete snuff film but we watched it until the end. The movie itself was actually pretty well done, it's the plot/content that will make you want to scrub your own brain with bleach after you watch it.

Scary movies don't do much for me. But I will note that House of 1000 Corpses might be one of the most unsettling movies I've ever watched. It's not a good movie at all. But it's very sadistic.

I will say that Devil's Rejects was good.

Not a huge horror fan either... if I watch it I want it to be sci-fi-ish. For me, John Carpenter's The Thing and the original Alien are favorites. The special effects and making of both films is brilliant stuff. And The Mist really creeped me out, that damn ending. 

I prefer to watch friends or playthroughs of horror games. Playing Deadspace back in college with the lights off for hours and then watching the horrible movie Event Horizon while drinking made for some interesting dreams. 

I saw Ouija: Origin of Evil last night. It's the prequel to Ouija, which came out in 2014 (currently sporting a 7% on rotten tomatoes).

It was pretty good. I never got really into it or got scared, but I respect the movie a lot.

The director is REALLY into the depth of shots. It felt like an homage to movies that were adapted from the stage. The filmmaking was all about two subjects in the frame with a very narrow focus. It created a really neat feeling, even though it didn't always feel justified in the story.

There are some funny bits, and some silly bits (intentional and otherwise), but most importantly this movie wasn't ashamed of itself at all.

I've come to despise the trailer, which I'd probably seen at least 6 times before last night. Oh my god does that trailer show wayyyyyy to much.

If you want a fun spooky halloween movie, I say go for it.

My girlfriend googled most f'd up movies of all time and I think we watched the worst one (even though it was only ranked #4 or #6 or something on the list. It's called a Serbian film and I don't recommend it unless you really just get your rocks off with messed up stuff. Complete snuff film but we watched it until the end. The movie itself was actually pretty well done, it's the plot/content that will make you want to scrub your own brain with bleach after you watch it.

Terrible acting, plot line, everything....

I saw Ouija last night, it was OK, but felt it could have been done better, rotten tomatoes gave it 80% Id say 50%

You actually watched A Serbian Film?

You actually watched A Serbian Film?

Beginning all the way to the credits. Definitely the most disturbing film I've seen. It's like the writers were constantly trying to top eachother with how low they could set the bar.

Is Jeepers Creepers legit? People have told me it's a great scary movie. Almost picked up 1 and 2 today.

It's a little campy but worth a watch. I don't think I was impressed enough to watch the sequel though, mostly because sequels tend to drop about 2 points on the scale of 10 to me and I'd probably only give the first one a 6 or 7 at best.

a serbian film always struck me as a dare type movie. I just imagine some director pissed off at the money behind his movie and thinking to himself "how can i screw over the studio."

Pretty much. If you ever want to win a bet for who can name the most f'd up movie, it should be the winner.

a serbian film always struck me as a dare type movie. I just imagine some director pissed off at the money behind his movie and thinking to himself "how can i screw over the studio."

Thought the same way myslef. I'm happy I read the synopsis. Well, happy as I can be as I knew to avoid that movie afterwards Edited by WildCard

Admiral, a Dutch historical drama about Admiral De Ruyter, a naval hero. Frankly, I don't know much about his era on history or speak Dutch (of which about 80% of the movie spoken in), but Netflix kept telling me to watch it and it's up around 5 stars so I gave it a shot. It's not bad at all, I'd watch it again. Lots of ships and cannons, a bunch of political treachery stuff. Plus, stars Dutch Ron Jeremy in the lead role.

I think there is a thread for this already, but I could not find it.

A good friend and I watched *Tooth Fairy* last evening.

He got it for his kids to watch in 2010.  It was really good, surprisingly enough.  A hockey themed tooth fairy tale.  Two grown men with tears in their eyes at the happy ending.

The thread for this is on page 3 and is the Summer Movie Thread or somesuch. Maybe a quick merge to have a Movie thread instead of seasonal?

The thread for this is on page 3 and is the Summer Movie Thread or somesuch. Maybe a quick merge to have a Movie thread instead of seasonal?

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants.  That's the summer movie thread and it's fall.  And I can't merge anything.

And and ... what do you think of your Jays now, Mr. Smarty Pants.

:flirt:

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants.  That's the summer movie thread and it's fall.  And I can't merge anything.

And and ... what do you think of your Jays now, Mr. Smarty Pants.

:flirt:

I missed their utter collapse drinking away my stress on a 8 day cruise through the Caribbean. From the sounds of it I was better off not watching them poop the bed against what I thought was a very beatable Indians team. The same trouble comes up in that a team that lives by the long ball can look really bad when the bats go cold.

I missed their utter collapse drinking away my stress on a 8 day cruise through the Caribbean. From the sounds of it I was better off not watching them poop the bed against what I thought was a very beatable Indians team. The same trouble comes up in that a team that lives by the long ball can look really bad when the bats go cold.

Well, their bats were a bit better (for average) than Cleveland's, but Cleveland had more timely hits.

Cleveland's pitching, especially the pen, was just a bit better.

I think both of the big bat free agents will be leaving.