Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I think there is a thread for this already, but I could not find it.

A good friend and I watched *Tooth Fairy* last evening.

He got it for his kids to watch in 2010.  It was really good, surprisingly enough.  A hockey themed tooth fairy tale.  Two grown men with tears in their eyes at the happy ending.

Ok with Halloween approaching, what is a movie or series of movies that actually scared you? I'm talking to the level of having difficultly sleeping at night. The movie that did me in was "IT." The clown pulled a number on me. I was a young kid. Watched it w/out my parents knowing. Had a hard time sleeping and was afraid to go in the basement and attic. So what scared you guys? There has to be at least one movie that did you in.

Scary movies don't do much for me. But I will note that House of 1000 Corpses might be one of the most unsettling movies I've ever watched. It's not a good movie at all. But it's very sadistic.

Indeed. The bunny scene is haunting. Rob Zombie sucks.

Nightbreed was a nearly comedic horror flick I saw a ton growing up because my family watched it a lot for some reason.

I like a good horror film with an original story line but there aren't many now. I liked Sinister (the sequel is trash).

Scary movies don't do much for me. But I will note that House of 1000 Corpses might be one of the most unsettling movies I've ever watched. It's not a good movie at all. But it's very sadistic.

I will only watch slasher horror. I need a good old fashioned killer in my movies. I absolutely hate the supernatural ones. I like the ones where the girl falls while running through the woods, unarmed and alone.

Indeed. The bunny scene is haunting. Rob Zombie sucks.

Nightbreed was a nearly comedic horror flick I saw a ton growing up because my family watched it a lot for some reason.

I like a good horror film with an original story line but there aren't many now. I liked Sinister (the sequel is trash).

I'm just not big on the whole concept of being scared by a movie. Is that what horror movies are supposed to do?

Somewhat related, but many moons ago dfdtrumpet and I got dragged into seeing Lady in the Water by the girls who thought it was a scary movie. It totally wasn't. We laughed our assess off the whole time and the girls were legit disappointed that it wasn't scary :lol:

Not big into the slasher flicks with the same old tired recipe of the teenagers at the lake party. Really like some of the asian movies cause they seem to have a whole different vibe on how to scare ya. More cerebral. Ringu comes to mind. 

Edited by bunomatic

Psychological horror films are my favorite.

They're not quite "scary movies," but Jacob's Ladder and The Invitation are two phenominal psychological films.

Been meaning to watch the Babadook for weeks.

The Ring scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger. I really wanna watch the original Japanese version.

The only horror movie worth a damn is the original Omen.

Man you better bring an extra pair of underoos.

A pretty close second, although the movie did not do the book justice, IMO, is "It".  Man King has a way of playing on all your childhood worst nightmares.

Can we just make a movies/tv thread like we have the music thread and other general threads? No reason to make a new one every time the weather changes.

If everyone agrees I will change this one to capture all of it.

Psychological horror films are my favorite.

They're not quite "scary movies," but Jacob's Ladder and The Invitation are two phenominal psychological films.

Been meaning to watch the Babadook for weeks.

The Ring scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger. I really wanna watch the original Japanese version.

Was just going to post Jacob's Ladder. It's very psychological and gets that great "uneasy" feeling across that it's meant to.

I like horror movies and want them to do their job and be scary, but it's so hard to find nowadays. Honestly, last time I was creeped out was the first paranormal activity. Sure the franchise (and found footage genre) has largely gone to the dogs, but it had a uniqueness and creepy factor.

Did anyone see Lights Out? Was based on a YouTube short film. Both are actually really good. I recommend youtubing the short.

Lights Out was an effective movie. I still think about it when I'm in the dark.

The script isn't great and the filmmaking was in need of a lot more creativity, but it's pretty good.

The Gallows is a pretty excellent found footage movie. It got abysmal reviews. Has, like, a 10 on rotten tomatoes. But I LOVE IT.

I will only watch slasher horror. I need a good old fashioned killer in my movies. I absolutely hate the supernatural ones. I like the ones where the girl falls while running through the woods, unarmed and alone.

Check out the Hitcher, Eden Lake, Devil's Rejects, Funny Games, I spit on your grave (remake from 2010), P2, Kalifornia, and Strangeland. All good slasher/torture type flicks without any supernatural nonsense.