Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Pretty sure HULU gets you both of those.

ROKU is a great way to go. I’ve said it before, but I think it is the best environment to watch tv in. Way better than Samsung smart tv (I’ve never used a fire stick.) Instead of going to each app looking for something, you just search in the ROKU Home Screen and it will give you all the options to view it. 

I'm agreeing about Roku.  Since the beginning of 'smart' tv's, we have had a few brands across our house. Sony. A couple Samsung TV's. An LG.  Our currnet TCL Roku tv is the favorite brand now due to the app system. The pictures is good enough (I can't tell much of a difference between a $500 and $1000 tv), but Roku is my favorite smart system by far.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Ok thanks.

If we want to get Yellowstone and the spin-offs, can we subscribe to Paramount+ for a month, stream everything we want and then cancel the subscription after that month?

Shoresy is available on our cable package but I would have to subscribe to Crave tv to get it.

My question is more about getting in and out of these streaming companies. There are only a few shows we are interested in outside of Netflix and Amazon, which we already have.

I will be getting Sportsnet Now to get all of the hockey in the fall.

I will subscribe to TSN during the World Juniors.

You can only watch Yellowstone on Peacock. It airs on the Paramount network, NOT Paramount+. It's on Hulu if you pay extra. 

Paramount+ does give you the spinoffs but not the main show. 

Shoresy is on Hulu.

And I'd imagine cancelling these streamers is a click away. Seems pretty straight forward to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Ok thanks.

If we want to get Yellowstone and the spin-offs, can we subscribe to Paramount+ for a month, stream everything we want and then cancel the subscription after that month?

Shoresy is available on our cable package but I would have to subscribe to Crave tv to get it.

My question is more about getting in and out of these streaming companies. There are only a few shows we are interested in outside of Netflix and Amazon, which we already have.

I will be getting Sportsnet Now to get all of the hockey in the fall.

I will subscribe to TSN during the World Juniors.

Love Yellowstone and the spin offs 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Thanks for the tips folks.

I am in Canada so I’m not sure Hulu is an option. I will look into it.

I can’t speak for the services you’ve mentioned, but I’ve definitely played the unsubscribe when done game with others. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

You can only watch Yellowstone on Peacock. It airs on the Paramount network, NOT Paramount+. It's on Hulu if you pay extra. 

Paramount+ does give you the spinoffs but not the main show. 

Shoresy is on Hulu.

And I'd imagine cancelling these streamers is a click away. Seems pretty straight forward to me. 

In Canada, the current season of Yellowstone is on Paramount+, and Shoresy is on Crave.

https://www.justwatch.com/ca/tv-show/yellowstone-2018

https://www.justwatch.com/ca/tv-show/shoresy

Any other Harry Potter fans? My ranking of the 8 films (it alternates) 

1 Half-Blood Prince

2 Prisoner of Azkaban

3 Order of the Phoenix 

4 Deathly Hallows - Part 1

5 Deathly Hallows - Part 2

6 Philosopher’s Stone

7 Chamber of Secrets 

8 Goblet of Fire

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Any other Harry Potter fans? My ranking of the 8 films (it alternates) 

1 Half-Blood Prince

2 Prisoner of Azkaban

3 Order of the Phoenix 

4 Deathly Hallows - Part 1

5 Deathly Hallows - Part 2

6 Philosopher’s Stone

7 Chamber of Secrets 

8 Goblet of Fire

The first 2 are the only ones that even attempted to feel magical. 3 was the best book, meh+ movie. 5 as a book was all politics and Gary Oldman being awesome then they went and cut him out of the entire freaking movie. 4 as a movie was Fast and the Furious on broomsticks and emo hair. Deathly Hallows was just get it over with already! 6 I remember liking. 

Oh, and speaking of The Fast and the Furious...

...I read somewhere that Star Wars(original) and Episode I: The Phantom Menace have as many years in-between them as The Fast and the Furious and Fast X. 

It's true. And it's very hard for me to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

So if, like me, you've been interested in watching Yellowstone but didn't have the right streaming service, you might be interested in a promotion that Peacock is running:  $20 for a full year of Peacock.  It's the cheapo level, which means there are commercials during the shows and you can't download anything, but it's the full library, including a bunch of NBC shows and 4K movies (and I think there are no commercials during the movies other than about 3 minutes' worth before the movie starts) and it's only $20!  You have to remember to cancel before it auto-renews in a year at $50. 

My wife and I watched the 1st episode of Yellowstone yesterday and I think it's going to be our summer binge show.

This has been a Sabrespace public service announcement.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

John Wick 4 was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it very much.

The Machine had a lot of heart. If you aren't familiar with Bert's comedy you won't get it. It's an hour and 40 minute inside joke. I liked it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, nfreeman said:

So if, like me, you've been interested in watching Yellowstone but didn't have the right streaming service, you might be interested in a promotion that Peacock is running:  $20 for a full year of Peacock.  It's the cheapo level, which means there are commercials during the shows and you can't download anything, but it's the full library, including a bunch of NBC shows and 4K movies (and I think there are no commercials during the movies other than about 3 minutes' worth before the movie starts) and it's only $20!  You have to remember to cancel before it auto-renews in a year at $50. 

My wife and I watched the 1st episode of Yellowstone yesterday and I think it's going to be our summer binge show.

This has been a Sabrespace public service announcement.

We watched it for free on YouTube tv. So can you

As far as movies go, we have been to the theater 3 times in the past 3 months and there are 2 or 3 other movies we are likely to see in the next month or so.  Probably the most we have gone to the theater in years in such a short time.

I had a discussion with my cousin on this one....Mission impossible vs Bond?  

Personally, I liked the Bond movies as a kid growing up, and the Mission impossible movies didn't come out until I was well into my adult years.  Also, the first Mission Impossible movie was 'meh' to me and the 2nd one not much better.  BUT, since the 3rd one, I think they are among the best action/spy movies made.  So, nostalgia aside (and the need to say "of course Bond" because it is the thing to do) I'd have to side with the Mission Impossible movies as being my favorites.

My cousin didn't agree.  In our discussion I asked him why and the best answers he had were "I don't like Tom Cruise" and "its just Bond so it's better".

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

As far as movies go, we have been to the theater 3 times in the past 3 months and there are 2 or 3 other movies we are likely to see in the next month or so.  Probably the most we have gone to the theater in years in such a short time.

I had a discussion with my cousin on this one....Mission impossible vs Bond?  

Personally, I liked the Bond movies as a kid growing up, and the Mission impossible movies didn't come out until I was well into my adult years.  Also, the first Mission Impossible movie was 'meh' to me and the 2nd one not much better.  BUT, since the 3rd one, I think they are among the best action/spy movies made.  So, nostalgia aside (and the need to say "of course Bond" because it is the thing to do) I'd have to side with the Mission Impossible movies as being my favorites.

My cousin didn't agree.  In our discussion I asked him why and the best answers he had were "I don't like Tom Cruise" and "its just Bond so it's better".

Just did a rewatch leading into the new one. So good. The way the quality increases at the series goes along is cool. Very excited for DR Part 1