Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I will give strange new worlds a shot soon, but it being an STD spin off ...

Strange new worlds is imho the best star trek since TNG. Also lower decks is an unabashed love letter to TNG. Also it is great.

I get the Criticism of discovery and Picard. Personally I enjoyed both. Discovery got much better once it wasn't beholden to all the lore that was to come in the timeline. However Anson Mount was great in season 2.

I equate a bunch of the hate for picard to being on the same level as the last jedi hate concerning the portrayal of Skywalker. I personally have no problem with how time has treated Jean luc. I find it pretty logical that Picard would be the way he was after experiencing all we have seen him go thru

Also strange new worlds is more a prequel to the original series. I think of it as more the original series remake with modern TV tech and a modern TV budget.

Edited by drnkirishone

Discovery is just so lazy writing -  End of season 2 go to future to kill the nasty computer virus on the ship - 5 minutes into season 3 its fixed.  

How and why ?  nobody knows, its just fixed because hey we in the future.

Best show since TNG  ?  for me its

1. DS9
2. Enterprise  ( Only 4 seasons is just a shame)
3. TNG
4.TOS
5. Voyager

Suspect strange new worlds will move between TNG and Enterprise.   The rest is just woke/lazy storywriting, they can shoot kurtzman up to the moon for me.

Not sure if it’s the 3rd or 4th time i’m watching Shoresy, but damn if it doesn't get funnier every time. If you haven’t watched it yet,… wtf is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

Another amazing episode of Andor. If you lost touch with star wars or got tired of disney star wars or the prequel era or hell just like sci-fi I urge you to check it out.

I started that, it’s pretty good so far.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Forget everything I said. Just give up on star trek

Come on, you actually like Discovery ? A show where they go into the future to fix a problem, then its fixed because they are in the future, but no one knows how or why ?   Then you got a season long crew cryfest everytime space jesus shows up.

Its one of the most Cringe television shows out there.   Like I said everything after 2009 does not excist, and I know many trek fans feel the same if not most.

Its so bad most of the people I play star trek online with refuse to play any discovery content.

to quote kurtzmann 

The goal is not to promote star trek, but to promote these organisations and to use our platform.

Basically make nothing worth a good show, as long as we can send out "our message" .
Meanwhile lets destroy every story arc written in the last 50 years.   And it wouldn't even bother me as much if there was actually good writing.  
But after every episode you just know some dumb lazy are behind those keyboards.

This is Discovery season 3 bad writing  

1. Basically a Kelpian stepped on Lego, and his scream destroyed all the dilithium. 
2. All dilithium gets destroyed ? fine then the romulans should win because they use singularity warp cores <-- which the dumb writers not even know or care about.
3. Destroyed Mirror universe arc
4. Destroyed romulan/vulcan arc
5. Destroyed the entire federation arc

Its not good when the writers say they want to promote a message, use Star trek as a platform for their message, but then also say they never were interested in the history of it all and just make ***** up as they go along.  

Edited by Huckleberry

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Come on, you actually like Discovery ? A show where they go into the future to fix a problem, then its fixed because they are in the future, but no one knows how or why ?   Then you got a season long crew cryfest everytime space jesus shows up.

Its one of the most Cringe television shows out there.   Like I said everything after 2009 does not excist, and I know many trek fans feel the same if not most.

Its so bad most of the people I play star trek online with refuse to play any discovery content.

to quote kurtzmann 

Basically make nothing worth a good show, as long as we can send out "our message" .
Meanwhile lets destroy every story arc written in the last 50 years.   And it wouldn't even bother me as much if there was actually good writing.  
But after every episode you just know some dumb lazy are behind those keyboards.

This is Discovery season 3 bad writing  

1. Basically a Kelpian stepped on Lego, and his scream destroyed all the dilithium. 
2. All dilithium gets destroyed ? fine then the romulans should win because they use singularity warp cores <-- which the dumb writers not even know or care about.
3. Destroyed Mirror universe arc
4. Destroyed romulan/vulcan arc
5. Destroyed the entire federation arc

Its not good when the writers say they want to promote a message, use Star trek as a platform for their message, but then also say they never were interested in the history of it all and just make ***** up as they go along.  

I have played STO for a long time and considering the "discussions" that happen in chat channels in that game I would not use that as confirmation of something being bad. You have made clear that your concern is the "woke" culture. I have nothing further to say to you on the subject of star trek.

1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

I have played STO for a long time and considering the "discussions" that happen in chat channels in that game I would not use that as confirmation of something being bad. You have made clear that your concern is the "woke" culture. I have nothing further to say to you on the subject of star trek.

Dunno, I think STO is pretty reasonable when it comes to chats, every game has its % of nutters.    But mostly pretty reasonable nice gamers on STO.
And the agenda being spewed out on Discovery is woke, its just a name for putting agenda > story.

Its a very divisive and bigot agenda and they don't even realize it themselves.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Dunno, I think STO is pretty reasonable when it comes to chats, every game has its % of nutters.    But mostly pretty reasonable nice gamers on STO.
And the agenda being spewed out on Discovery is woke, its just a name for putting agenda > story.

Its a very divisive and bigot agenda and they don't even realize it themselves.

I find that people who use the term 'woke' negatively don't even know what the term means. You are no exception.

5 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I find that people who use the term 'woke' negatively don't even know what the term means. You are no exception.

Yeah well, really don't have any other way to describe dumbass hollywood agenda.   I don't care if its either right or left, both sides are stupid as *****.
And woke=left for me , if the right gets a nice term I will use it for them too.
Anyway I will stop this discussion now.

Edited by Huckleberry

On 11/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, Huckleberry said:

I will give strange new worlds a shot soon, but it being an STD spin off ...

Took me 2 episodes to get used to Strange New Worlds, but by the end of it, you just might conisder Strange New Worlds a contender for the best trek show ever.

Also, whether its the acting or how the role is written, Pike comes across as the most likeable captain ever in trek, if not the best overall.

Lower Decks?  I like it, but it doesnt' seem like a full 'Trek' series to me.  More a decent-to-good generic cartoon that just happens to be set in the Star Trek universe and likes to make a TON of comments and name dropping from previous Trek shows and movies.

Edited by mjd1001

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Took me 2 episodes to get used to Strange New Worlds, but by the end of it, you just might conisder Strange New Worlds a contender for the best trek show ever.

Also, whether its the acting or how the role is written, Pike comes across as the most likeable captain ever in trek, if not the best overall.

Lower Decks?  I like it, but it doesnt' seem like a full 'Trek' series to me.  More a decent-to-good generic cartoon that just happens to be set in the Star Trek universe and likes to make a TON of comments and name dropping from previous Trek shows and movies.

Yeah I liked Pike in STD a lot, was pretty much the only good thing.  Picard, STD, lower decks, not watching much if anything from those, unless im really bored.