Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

17 hours ago, biodork said:

That's a great movie. I first saw it in high school German class.

It really is a fantastic film.  It's set during the war, but it's not actually a war film really.  There is so much more to it.  It should only be watched in the original German and it would make no difference if you didn't understand one word of German.

It really is timeless.  It came out in 1981 when I was in high school and you watched it 30+ years later when you were in high school.

Awesome!!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ... damn phone !!
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It really is a fantastic film.  It's set during the war, but it's not actually a war film really.  There is so much more to it.  It should only be watched in the original German and it would make no difference if you didn't understand one word of German.

It really is timeless.  I came out in 1981 when I was in high school and you watched it 30+ years later when you were in hight school.

Awesome!!

You're too kind. 😂

Has anyone else watched For All Mankind?   Just watched the first season.

I think it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever watched.  I can’t believe it won few awards.  Maybe you have to be a certain age (which I am likely past) to have interest in the Apollo moon program.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:48 AM, Sabel79 said:

Station Eleven (HBO Max).  I’ve hesitated… it’s one of my favorite recent books, and that never ends well.  

It’s beautiful.  I’m five episodes in.  They’ve been mostly faithful to the book, tweaking small details.  Ot does wha the book did for me: makes me think hard about humanity, what it is and what it could/should be; Faith and what role that has/should have… how it can be twisted and wielded by evil or troubled people for their own ends. Art and why it’s an essential part pf humanity… 

Would recommend.  

Three episodes in. I like it. I wasn’t sure I was going to dig the while close to reality flu pandemic thing, but it’s done really well.

I didn’t read the book, so I have no idea of where this is going.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, SwampD said:

Three episodes in. I like it. I wasn’t sure I was going to dig the while close to reality flu pandemic thing, but it’s done really well.

I didn’t read the book, so I have no idea of where this is going.

So, I know Station Eleven won’t be for everyone, but I loved it.

• 5 weeks later...

The fact that people seem to be ignoring Andor on disney+ is outrageous. It is a great show and easily a top 3 in star wars media. Yet I see very little discussion about it outside nerdy/star wars sites.

Also anyone that followed The Clone Wars series should check out Tales of the Jedi on Disney+. Dave filoni is a savant when it comes to making star wars media

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

The fact that people seem to be ignoring Andor on disney+ is outrageous. It is a great show and easily a top 3 in star wars media. Yet I see very little discussion about it outside nerdy/star wars sites.

Also anyone that followed The Clone Wars series should check out Tales of the Jedi on Disney+. Dave filoni is a savant when it comes to making star wars media

I am enjoying Andor more than any other Star Wars product.  The storyline has been great.  The look and feel is constantly changing.

Last week and Todays episode was a straight up sci fi short story.  No fantasy element at all.  Just wonderfully  conceived sci fi.  What a great change of look and feel. The whole series seems to duck in and out of hard core sci fi.  The first two episodes felt like a Blade Runner spin off.

Im really impressed so far. A Star Wars product aimed at a more mature audience.  No cute baby aliens.  A smidgen of humor well spaced.  A few nods to traditional Star Wars just to keep the connection.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I am enjoying Andor more than any other Star Wars product.  The storyline has been great.  The look and feel is constantly changing.

Last week and Todays episode was a straight up sci fi short story.  No fantasy element at all.  Just wonderfully  conceived sci fi.  What a great change of look and feel. The whole series seems to duck in and out of hard core sci fi.  The first two episodes felt like a Blade Runner spin off.

Im really impressed so far. A Star Wars product aimed at a more mature audience.  No cute baby aliens.  A smidgen of humor well spaced.  A few nods to traditional Star Wars just to keep the connection.

Depending how they wrap up the season and the second season (series finale) it has a very good chance of being at the top of my list for star wars media. It is also wonderfully cast and acted. Despite the hate scifi gets come awards season, Andor should win in multiple categories.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Weave said:

This was a fantastic episode. I'm also glad that we're finally exploring a giant galaxy and not just another desert planet rehash. No lightsabers. Very little spaceships or blaster fights. And it doesn't need any of them because they wouldn't make sense in the story. Keep going, Andor!

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

My wife stopped being a watcher of the Watcher. Said it was meh/stupid.

My wife finished that show last week. I was in and out of the house all day and saw a scattered 20 minutes or so...when I asked her how bad that show sucked she didn't answer.

That means it sucked and she wouldn't give me the satisfaction of always being right. 

I'm always right.

• Haha (+1) 2

Star trek is ruined for me even more now.

Discovery was as bad as it is, destroying the entire mirror storyline and many others.
Star trek Picard just put the icing on the cake.  Season 2 was even worse than season 1.   And they just ruined the borg, Picard is played entirely out of character and stil not sure what Seven is doing in all of this.   Just no explanation what her and picard have in common or how they even met or what their connection is, she is just there.   Also lets turn her into a lesbian, because that seems to be popular these days.

But the worst part is just the lazy writing, I got so bored and annoyed watching these, I fast forwarded a lot of the episodes because every one of them had at least 15 minutes of them talking leading up to nothing.

They should just delete everything from this franchise after 2009

Edited by Huckleberry