Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

George Bailey made $31,000 a year working for the Building & Loan. Potter offered him a 3 year contract for $266,900 per year to work for him and he turned it down.

That's ***** madness! No wonder he wanted to jump off a ***** bridge!

Watched Wonder Woman 1984.

Wished I didn't.

For every bit as good as Patty Jenkins did with Wonder Woman, she equally as poorly with WW84.

If I had paid to see this movie, in ANY form, I would have been pissed.  It's awful, like, I'd rather watch Green Lantern awful.

For 2 hours and 34 minutes I wanted to the movie to be over. The only reason I continued to watch it was because it was family movie night.  But no one was happy we watched it after it was over.

If you liked the movie I really am interested in understanding what you liked about it.

Couple days ago I Finished watching the 2nd season of Black Sails. What a solid show. 

Now Taking a break from it to binge watch the 2nd season of The Mandalorian. I’m two episodes in, and I’m not disappointed. Of course the wife can’t get enough of “The Child” in that show. 😂

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 3:25 PM, Zamboni said:

Finished Hannibal ... that’s a hell of a show ... wow.

I’m almost done with the Netflix show ... DARK.

Wow that’s a confusing show. But damn good.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:38 PM, BagBoy said:

Damn good and confusing are the exact correct descriptions!  I got through season 1, but I had to rewatch some episodes to make sure I understood what happened (or what was happening, or what would happen).  I haven't ventured into season 2 yet, but I will, and when I do I will do it with flow charts of how how everyone is related to one another, and also previous plot twists  There are links that provide this info, and rightly so.

One thing I have to say about watching this show in English is that the dubbing is terrible.  I'm sure the literal translation from German is good, but the dubs are delivered so emotionlessly.  It's like people are just reading the translations with no context of the plot/characters, etc.  I would have much preferred subtitles, but oh well.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:45 PM, Zamboni said:

Yea, I’m watching with subtitles. Which is good. But then I’m focusing on the words and not so much the actual movie scenes 😂

I am half way through season 3 of dark.  A couple episodes in I had to switch to the German version with English subs.  The English dubbing was atrocious.  Show is amazing.  Such a mind trip.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I wasn't sure how I felt about WandaVision, but it's growing on me. Anyone else watching?

Yes - And enjoying it more every single episode.  I’ll admit after the first I had little hope for it, but as the story continued to build w/ each episode I came to love it.  Something to look forward to once a week. 

18 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I wasn't sure how I felt about WandaVision, but it's growing on me. Anyone else watching?

Yeah. If you go into the series with the confidence that it will make its way into the story line and accept the genre nods in the first few episodes I think you'd be fine. But it was a strange start.  It's now going to be into full blown Marvel mode I think.  They might throw a little sitcom into it at times, but it feels like they are getting into the drama aspects.

I had kinda figured what the series was about just given its placement in the MCU and being a bit of a nerdnik over Scarlett Witch. The last episode seemed to confirm it.

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Yeah. If you go into the series with the confidence that it will make its way into the story line and accept the genre nods in the first few episodes I think you'd be fine. But it was a strange start.  It's now going to be into full blown Marvel mode I think.  They might throw a little sitcom into it at times, but it feels like they are getting into the drama aspects.

I had kinda figured what the series was about just given its placement in the MCU and being a bit of a nerdnik over Scarlett Witch. The last episode seemed to confirm it.

A big Scarlet Witch event was happening back when I used to read comics, and I figure this is their take on it. House of M. The main difference I'm expecting is the opposite ending (is there a spoiler tag here? I'd be more specific but I don't want to potentially spoil anyone.)