Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

On 11/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

WWF in the early to mid 1980s was the best wrastling ever.

Everyone has their favourite time period and curiously it often seems to correlate to the age one was when first getting into it, haha. For me, I think mid-to-late 90s wrestling was the "best" stuff, right in and around 1997. 

But I can enjoy a lot of in in any era. Even nowadays - the product to me noticeably dipped a few years ago, but I honestly find the "it sucks now" thing a little played out. Maybe people (understandably) gave up so aren't seeing much now but, lately the match quality has been miles ahead, there's so much talent, especially the Women's division. It's at an undisputed ALL time high, anyone that says the product sucks can't be considering the whole picture. 

Writing is inching forward too. 

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Everyone has their favourite time period and curiously it often seems to correlate to the age one was when first getting into it, haha. For me, I think mid-to-late 90s wrestling was the "best" stuff, right in and around 1997. 

I seem to be an outlier. I first started watching the WWF on what I recall as a Saturday afternoon show that came on after the morning cartoons. It was peak Hulk Hogan era so late 80s early 90s.

But I stopped watching until college and the attitude era and that is by far my favorite it had such a great cast of characters to love and hate. It probably helped that we all piled into dorm rooms and got drunk and stoned before watching.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I seem to be an outlier. I first started watching the WWF on what I recall as a Saturday afternoon show that came on after the morning cartoons. It was peak Hulk Hogan era so late 80s early 90s.

But I stopped watching until college and the attitude era and that is by far my favorite it had such a great cast of characters to love and hate. It probably helped that we all piled into dorm rooms and got drunk and stoned before watching.

😆

Ya, I phrased it pretty poorly. I was more trying to say that one's favourite time period often but of course not always corresponds to the circumstances surrounding when/how they watched it. 

I was a bit too young for that during the Attitude Era but basically my entire junior high school was massively into it. WWE has never been close to as mainstream popular as it was during that era. It was really fun. 

I've never understood the appeal of wrestling. I'm also sure most people don't share my love for rugby, so, to their own...

On 11/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, matter2003 said:

I am in season 6 of Vikings on Amazon Prime and I would highly recommend it for those who don't mind a lot of violence and gore...

I am also rewatching Vikings. Excellent show. Highly recommend it. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hank said:

I've never understood the appeal of wrestling. I'm also sure most people don't share my love for rugby, so, to their own...

I am also rewatching Vikings. Excellent show. Highly recommend it. 

Agree with everything in this post.

13 hours ago, ubkev said:

Dutch is the best Thanksgiving movie.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles would like a word with you 😝

I haven't seen Dutch in a very long time.  I'll give it a try tonight.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is doing a new Thanksgiving marathon tomorrow, like the old days.  I'll be enjoying that all day tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...