Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

57 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

I just got started on a really trippy show that I am enjoying called "The OA" on Netflix.  Hard to compare to any other shows, but "The Leftovers" probably comes closest.

I liked it.

Now I have to watch The Leftovers.

22 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Watched the movie Doctor Sleep. It’s the sequel to The Shining. 
Wow was that good! Very well done. 

Wow.  First I heard of this.  I need to check it out.  Thanks!

For all of you "The Shining" fans, check out "Room 237" if you haven't already.  Outstanding documentary about the movie delving into the multiple aspects, theories and influences behind it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I stuck with The Leftovers for the entire first season and kept waiting for it to get good. It didn't, IMO. I was surprised when it got renewed.

I made it through the entire series.  I get where you're coming from.  There was a certain angst that never lets you really "enjoy" it, but I'm glad I watched it all, and would do it again.

29 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

They taught them a lesson for stealing a kid last season. Looks like the same plot this season just different people.

My father loves Yellowstone. It seems interesting. 
You feel it’s worth binge watching? Quality show?

Re; Yellowstone.

For those of you who grew up in Canada or one of the US-Canada border towns, Hugh Dillon, the frontman for the Canadian punk band The Headstones, plays a recurring character in Yellowstone.  He's a sheriff in the show.  I don't watch the show myself, so I don't know any other details.  But Hugh posts Yellowstone stuff on his twitter frequently.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Re; Yellowstone.

For those of you who grew up in Canada or one of the US-Canada border towns, Hugh Dillon, the frontman for the Canadian punk band The Headstones, plays a recurring character in Yellowstone.  He's a sheriff in the show.  I don't watch the show myself, so I don't know any other details.  But Hugh posts Yellowstone stuff on his twitter frequently.

Cool. I’ve been wanting to check that show out but am caught up in Animal Kingdom right now. Love the Headstones.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Re; Yellowstone.

Interesting....

1 hour ago, bunomatic said:

Cool. I’ve been wanting to check that show out but am caught up in Animal Kingdom right now. Love the Headstones.

Probably my favorite band.  I see them once each year when they swing through western NY.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Interesting....

Check out his IMDB page.  He's spent a fair amount of time in Hollywood when The Headstones took their hiatus in the 00's.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am very late to the party here, but I'm pretty sure nfreeman a few others watched Schitt's Creek? I think I'm near the end of season 3, and definitely enjoying it. Moira's absurd outfits and wigs and David's general awkwardness are always good for a laugh.