Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Onward was great, definitely recommend. It got two full belly laughs from me and was touching without being too heavy (I'm looking at you, Inside Out).

Also, between this and Steven Universe I think we might have consensus that vans are cool again. 

5e600f8f59bde.image.jpg?resize=1200,502

source.gif

7 hours ago, darksabre said:

Onward was great, definitely recommend. It got two full belly laughs from me and was touching without being too heavy (I'm looking at you, Inside Out).

Also, between this and Steven Universe I think we might have consensus that vans are cool again. 

source.gif

Vans were never not cool.

I thanks, now I have Archer to binge on all day.

I learned the other day that my wife had never  seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I could not let this stand so last night we watched it. She was very impressed that a movie from 1977(year she was born)could have her on the edge of her seat. I think it was even better than I had remembered.

46 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I learned the other day that my wife had never  seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I could not let this stand so last night we watched it. She was very impressed that a movie from 1977(year she was born)could have her on the edge of her seat. I think it was even better than I had remembered.

Do you watch Project Blue Book?  The last episode I watched had Dr Hynek and his wife at the set of Close Encounters.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ogre said:

For me, One of a few movies that I can watch over and over and over again and love it every time. Every time I stumble upon it when it’s on TV, I stop and watch the rest of it. I literally must have watched it 30 - 40 times over the years.

10 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

Do you watch Project Blue Book?  The last episode I watched had Dr Hynek and his wife at the set of Close Encounters.

Project Blue Book is a great show IMO. As of today, there hasn’t been a definitive decision on a third season. I hope they decide to do one. It’s just so good.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

For me, One of a few movies that I can watch over and over and over again and love it every time. Every time I stumble upon it when it’s on TV, I stop and watch the rest of it. I literally must have watched it 30 - 40 times over the years.

Project Blue Book is a great show IMO. As of today, there hasn’t been a definitive decision on a third season. I hope they decide to do one. It’s just so good.

I watched it when I was really young and it scared the bajesus out of me. Saw it again in my 20’s and enjoyed it. I half expected to roll my eyes through parts watching it as a 47 yo but it has really held its value well.

I think I'm going to sit back and watch every episode of Little Mosque on the Prairie.  It's all over YouTube.

Canadian production for sure, but all the characters in it I have seen ... the Muslim characters and the non-Muslim characters.  It's great.  It is a true rendering of my life as a Muslim Canadian convert.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

My wife and I finished binging season 3 of "Ozark" this weekend.  It's as good as the prior 2 seasons IMHO -- solid B to B-plus crime noir show.

I still think season one is the best, but season three was really good. Season two was a little meh for me, I kind of forgot all about the show with the two year hiatus. 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

I still think season one is the best, but season three was really good. Season two was a little meh for me, I kind of forgot all about the show with the two year hiatus. 

The actor who played Ben was really good, especially at the end... really good.

I found a show called Mega Decks.The concept was intriguing. 2 and a half episodes in, and I realized that these people are awful. Sorry, Neo. I’m sure that there are a lot of rich folk that are people too, but the ones on this show are awful.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I found a show called Mega Decks.The concept was intriguing. 2 and a half episodes in, and I realized that these people are awful. Sorry, Neo. I’m sure that there are a lot of rich folk that are people too, but the ones on this show are awful.

As is anyone who has ever been on an episode of House Hunters. Double it for House Hunters International.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/4/2020 at 12:05 AM, darksabre said:

source.gif

Watching this now. I’m a little disappointed overall, but maybe it’ll get better by the end. Chris Pratt’s character is incredibly frustrating. I’ve never been a fan of that trope. Looks great though and I’ll see it through. 

On 4/12/2020 at 4:04 PM, #freejame said:

Watching this now. I’m a little disappointed overall, but maybe it’ll get better by the end. Chris Pratt’s character is incredibly frustrating. I’ve never been a fan of that trope. Looks great though and I’ll see it through. 

I thought it was good. Not one of the stronger Pixar entries but I'll still watch it again some time.

I am VERY excited for the new DUNE. I'm one of those people who actually likes the David Lynch movie, but I definitely think it deserves this remake. Apparently Villeneuve decided that this needs to be TWO movies to really give it the proper depth and I couldn't agree more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Yea I like the original Dune too. But am looking forward to this remake. They should get Sting to do a cameo as an extra or minor role lol.

I really hope they found a way to get him in as an extra, just in the background of a scene or something. It would be great if they managed to keep it under wraps until the premier. Kyle MacLachlan too.