Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Hank said:

The wife and I binged season three of Ozark yesterday. Started episode one after breakfast and went to bed after we finished it. It was excellent. 

Now we don't know what to watch and I'm sad. 

Find Sam the Cooking Guy on Youtube.

You're welcome.

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

This was the worst movie I’ve seen in a really long time. It did absolutely nothing for me. I’ve been talking to some others about it and it seems like I’m the one who’s wrong. What am I missing?

I guess for me the thing was that it was just different. Didn’t adhere to any hollywood formula and well, kind of disturbing. I get tired of the hollywood cliche as some sort of benchmark when there are a *****-ton of good movies that come from other countries.

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I guess for me the thing was that it was just different. Didn’t adhere to any hollywood formula and well, kind of disturbing. I get tired of the hollywood cliche as some sort of benchmark when there are a *****-ton of good movies that come from other countries.

As for hollywood movies I finally watched Moneyball and really enjoyed that. Not sure why I waited so long other than not being a big fan of baseball but that was a good movie.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:13 PM, Indabuff said:

I think the new Star Wars is on Disney+ so I'd like to fire that up with my son tonight.

I read somewhere a few years ago that George Lucas never had Episodes 7-9 in mind. The creative and artistic differences between 1-3 and 7&8 are so glaringly obvious. (I haven't watched 9, and I don't plan to at all.)

Some things should be best left alone.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, darksabre said:

The new Star Trek movies are great, beautiful. But none are better than Wrath of Khan. 

I see where you're coming from with WoK. But the one I like out of the entire franchise is Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. There are so many memorable scenes and one-liners in that movie. ("Everyone remember where we parked" comes in handy at Walmart.)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Fun, wasn't it?

I just kinda assumed it would suck because I assume every reboot of things from my childhood will suck, but it's actually pretty good. Jack Black does a great job as a teenage girl trapped in a man's body lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I just kinda assumed it would suck because I assume every reboot of things from my childhood will suck, but it's actually pretty good. Jack Black does a great job as a teenage girl trapped in a man's body lol 

My kids love the movie and just watched it again tonight.  It's actually pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Y'all are talking about the first reboot right? Not the one recently in theaters, like around Christmas 

id recommend just skipping the second one 

Yeah, this is the first one from a couple years ago.

I'll probably give the second one a shot. I doubt it's any good, but I've been wrong before.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Yeah, this is the first one from a couple years ago.

I'll probably give the second one a shot. I doubt it's any good, but I've been wrong before.

We just rented the new one.  The kids enjoyed it but I didn't think it was as good as the last one.

I saw the first of the new Jumangi's in the theater and the woman next to me completely ruined it.  She laughed hysterically at every single line and then explained how each scene was a reference to something from the original.  Mass audience laughter can really help a theater experience, but only when things are actually funny.

15 hours ago, WildCard said:

Watched Kingpin for the first time. This movie is hilarious ?

The movie starts on a fade in to Scranton, PA and the first line of the film is "hey Roy, can you get sick from drinking your own piss?"

I've never had a movie rope me in faster! ?

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't watched any of the Transformers movies since the second one, so imagine my surprise that Bumblebee is good. Travis Knight (Coraline, Kubo and the Two Strings) as director with Bay only producing probably helps.

Bigger credit to Hailee Steinfeld for being a great actress though, something the other movies don't have. I can't believe it's been ten years since she was little Mattie Ross in True Grit. I feel old.